Author Topic: Chick says Hopefully Ronnie has RETIRED  (Read 8914 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Chick says Hopefully Ronnie has RETIRED
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2008, 07:42:40 PM »
I think were debating two different things here...

1. competing, and whether or not he should continue

2. Making appearances, signing autographs,uestposin, et....which he can and should do if he chooses, and is not dependant on him steping on stage

If anything, his market value as a legend could be HIGHER if he chooses to go out the way he did, on the Olympia stage to 2 standing ovations,etc...

And it could go DOWN with a few less than stellar fiishes off he Olympia stage...

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2008, 07:44:16 PM »

I base it on that Ronnie is having a harder time getting into the physique that got him the Mr. Olympia title. I base it that Ronnie is 43 or so, and like anyone else, he was the best in the world at one time, and now he isnt.

Absolutely, he can do whatever he wants, but people will always remember how great he looked for 10 years, and how off he is now. Such is the casualty when you are the best out there at one time.  And yes, he still can beat a number of other bodybuilders if he competes again.

No - he was the best in the world, and gave it two more times to see what he can accomplish. Kudos for Ronnie for doing that and making it exciting and interesting.

It's not that Ronnie is having a harder time although age does play a factor, he is taking less drugs.

"but people will always remember how great he looked for 10 years, and how off he is now"  All but me.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2008, 07:51:25 PM »
As long as the Big man is making Money Kudos to him.Every time he goes to do the banking the dude is laughing at the guys here who say he should Retire.It's a Fukin shame the Money is not better so a Champ at the highest level even needs to Guest pose after 8 Olympia wins.

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2008, 08:04:57 PM »

It's not that Ronnie is having a harder time although age does play a factor, he is taking less drugs.

"but people will always remember how great he looked for 10 years, and how off he is now"  All but me.

I do not believe that the amount of Drugs has any connection with his ability to hold the same level of condition or severe injuries that he has demonstrate in the past two year in his triceps and Lats. Ronnie is a Legend, but he should not step in stage again if he can not improve or maintain the level and standard of physique he has presented in the past. He should continue to be active in the Industry in different ways, Guest appearances and Guest posing etc

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2008, 08:09:01 PM »
As Bob would say Drugs have very little to do with Pro BB that's why the IFBB Don't do Drug tests.It's all Genetics and he is Livin the Dream Baby.

Luga74

• Getbig II
  • If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle......
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2008, 08:12:39 PM »
Do you really think promoters will continue to pay the big bucks to have him/others guest pose looking like that. I bet Chick could get on stage today to guest pose and look better than Ronnie/others did this weekend and he hasn't trained for a show in almost two years. Imagine going to a golf clinic knowing Tiger's going to be there and he put on a show but he shows up like John Daly-drunk and smoking, a complete mess. Many people go to the shows for the actual contest but many also go to see the best bb's in the world and expect to see someting that resembles them. Not what most of us look like daily(fat/bloated with some muscularity underneath)

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2008, 08:13:29 PM »
As Bob would say Drugs have very little to do with Pro BB that's why the IFBB Don't do Drug tests.It's all Genetics and he is Livin the Dream Baby.

Well you are the Pro and the Expert so we should pay attention to your opinions  ::)
You definitely know what are you talking about  ;)

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2008, 08:15:33 PM »
fck all you guys in RONs latest video he said he is making 2.3 million/year and if he quit he said he could only make 100k/year.  How do you think he affords a new car for his new profound wife????  Not on 100k/year salary.  If he does 30 guest poses BSN promies 2.3 million/year as long as he can maintain, "BIG"

Armageddon

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2008, 08:16:05 PM »
bob made this pic to say he is better than current & Future Mr. O

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2008, 08:17:29 PM »
Chick is the Pro he is the Big Brain around here. ::)

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2008, 08:18:08 PM »

I don't think he said that, but It is nice to know that is what you think

Fulgorre

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2008, 08:18:38 PM »
I think were debating two different things here...

1. competing, and whether or not he should continue

2. Making appearances, signing autographs,uestposin, et....which he can and should do if he chooses, and is not dependant on him steping on stage

If anything, his market value as a legend could be HIGHER if he chooses to go out the way he did, on the Olympia stage to 2 standing ovations,etc...

And it could go DOWN with a few less than stellar fiishes off he Olympia stage...

shitball back peddler! :)

Moosejay

« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2008, 08:18:43 PM »
ronnie owns bob 8)

Bob uses his bb celebrity far more efficiently than Ronnie Coleman.

I forecast that RC will be bankrupt, and Bob will continue to thrive in many directions due to far superior social skills and business intellect.

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2008, 08:20:17 PM »
Chick is the Pro he is the Big Brain around here. ::)

I am so sorry are you a Pro.  ::) I apologized. You seem to know a lot about nutrition,Drugs, training  ::)

Moosejay

« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2008, 08:20:38 PM »
fck all you guys in RONs latest video he said he is making 2.3 million/year and if he quit he said he could only make 100k/year.  How do you think he affords a new car for his new profound wife????  Not on 100k/year salary.  If he does 30 guest poses BSN promies 2.3 million/year as long as he can maintain, "BIG"

2.3 million= highly suspect #

And new cars= stupidity

Warren Buffet=drives a used car

Moral: don't let these numbskulls fool ya

Moosejay

« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2008, 08:21:22 PM »

Bob looks best there.

Wolfe will not win an O.

Ever.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2008, 08:35:50 PM »
Why post pics in the middle of Mr Olympia???Why not get up on stage and compete with the Olympians and have REAL photos taken??Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2008, 09:03:27 PM »
I do not believe that the amount of Drugs has any connection with his ability to hold the same level of condition or severe injuries that he has demonstrate in the past two year in his triceps and Lats. Ronnie is a Legend, but he should not step in stage again if he can not improve or maintain the level and standard of physique he has presented in the past. He should continue to be active in the Industry in different ways, Guest appearances and Guest posing etc

Ronnie was big a ever in 2006 and it was his conditioning that led to him not winning the Olympia for a 9th time. From what I can see Ronnie tore a lat, tore his thigh and has some degree of nerve damage that is effecting his tricep development. Should he retire? Since he has there is no reason to debate that issue. My point is that if Ronnie wants to guest pose for a couple more years then go for it. People are fickle and quit to forget. I guess cause Ronnie has retired he must stay covered up for the rest of his life. Just like Arnold, the poor guy takes his shirt off on the beach and everyones is saying how he doesn't look like he did 30 yeas ago.  ??? Really?  ::)

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2008, 09:36:36 PM »
I agree with Bob on that statement.  For 8 years, Ronnie was the best in the world.  Onstage this past weekend, Ronnie didnt look so great as a pro bodybuilder anymore, and thus, he should retire, as he is not going to attain what he did when he was the best. Simple as that.

If Ronnie does want to compete, anything below what he was might tarnish his image.  Especially, if he isnt spot on like he was. Like it or not, comparisons will be made. Still, that is up to Ronnie. If he wants to do it for himself, by all means!

well you can say that about cutler and many others too this past few weeks, im shocked that someone like you cannot grasp that its impossible to be in impressive condition all the time add to the fact hes not that young anymore so diet and all that takes way more out of you

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2008, 09:51:20 PM »
the problem here is that ronnie lovers look at this first pic and see the 2nd pic, while everyone else actualy sees the first pic ;)

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2008, 09:56:13 PM »
He has a good Rep in Bob saying he hopes he has Retired who needs enemies with friends like that. ::)

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2008, 10:30:07 PM »
If someone in Ronnie's corner is reading and taking it all in, let me give my 2 cents

1. Retire from bodybuilding and never get onstage again(including guest posing without a shirt on)That way you never ever have to get below 7 or 8% bodyfat and don't ever have to take diruetics again...

2. Go ahead and continue to cycle on and off and show up and do autograph sessions etc.....Stay in mostly a bulk stage so you look massive and everyone without a decent eye will think that you can step onstage at anytime and regain your title...(let them think that) and use it to make money and keep supplement contracts...

3.Make sure in your supplement contract that your lawyer stats that you WILL NEVER EVER compete again...EVER...That way your not forced into something that will make you look less impressive then your olympian years

4. Make your own TExas style Beef Jerky geared toward Bodybuilders..(lower the sodium in it) and put the Ronnie Coleman Brand all over it...Build off that but stay away from protein powders and what not(there useless and most of us know it)...Work toward a Ronnie Coleman style hot sauce..You could own the weightlifting niche...Think Newmans on a much smaller scale of course...And you could do all this for small dollars..Jerky and hot sauce won't cost you much for a start up and you already have the brand, so work the hell out of it...

5. Take many public speaking lessons...This will help build your brand...

6. There are a million hot sauces out there, but there will only be one Ronnie Coleman hot sauce..Same with the jerky...Make a mix...Beef/turkey/chicken/jerky all in one package...I've yet to see it but it has Ronnie Coleman written all over it...

8. Here is a brand title(not sure if its taken or not) but how about Olympia Jerky and/or Olympia Hot Sauce...

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: May 05, 2008, 10:34:30 PM »
rons legacy is already tarnished. he will only get worse and place lower at the olympia. retire and do something else while his name is still somewhat legendary.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2008, 10:42:44 PM »
If someone in Ronnie's corner is reading and taking it all in, let me give my 2 cents

1. Retire from bodybuilding and never get onstage again(including guest posing without a shirt on)That way you never ever have to get below 7 or 8% bodyfat and don't ever have to take diruetics again...

2. Go ahead and continue to cycle on and off and show up and do autograph sessions etc.....Stay in mostly a bulk stage so you look massive and everyone without a decent eye will think that you can step onstage at anytime and regain your title...(let them think that) and use it to make money and keep supplement contracts...

3.Make sure in your supplement contract that your lawyer stats that you WILL NEVER EVER compete again...EVER...That way your not forced into something that will make you look less impressive then your olympian years

4. Make your own TExas style Beef Jerky geared toward Bodybuilders..(lower the sodium in it) and put the Ronnie Coleman Brand all over it...Build off that but stay away from protein powders and what not(there useless and most of us know it)...Work toward a Ronnie Coleman style hot sauce..You could own the weightlifting niche...Think Newmans on a much smaller scale of course...And you could do all this for small dollars..Jerky and hot sauce won't cost you much for a start up and you already have the brand, so work the hell out of it...

5. Take many public speaking lessons...This will help build your brand...

6. There are a million hot sauces out there, but there will only be one Ronnie Coleman hot sauce..Same with the jerky...Make a mix...Beef/turkey/chicken/jerky all in one package...I've yet to see it but it has Ronnie Coleman written all over it...

8. Here is a brand title(not sure if its taken or not) but how about Olympia Jerky and/or Olympia Hot Sauce...

LMAO @ #4  Hell, I'd buy that stuff.

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2008, 11:02:33 PM »
From what i have heard, Ronnie Coleman has stayed away from serious lifting...So you have the guest posing shots at him at a lower level of muscularity and out of shape because he loves to eat....The guy is a multimillionare so he doesnt need to make anymore money from the sport and he can choose what to do and when to do it....Any competing he does from here on out is probably strictly for the love of the sport...Can not shoot a man down for that....

Should Arnold have competed in the 1980 Olympia? He won but there is a lot of controversy about it...Does it take away his legitimate wins before hand?

From my viewpoint, Bobs opinion is about as good as any of ours in being part of the "peanut gallery"...

No offense Bob....