Author Topic: remember when the patriots choked?  (Read 2018 times)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
remember when the patriots choked?
« on: May 05, 2008, 08:55:50 PM »
Yeah, so do i.  that was awesome.  sorry body88.  ;)

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
Re: remember when the patriots choked?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 09:20:36 PM »
That is cold.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 10:09:17 PM »

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 05:18:31 AM »
Like it was yesterday ;D

body88

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 06:09:58 AM »
Yeah, so do i.  that was awesome.  sorry body88.  ;)

Don't worry about it, taking the time to start a thread (months later) reveling in the misery of a team losing the sb, proves just how the pat's are inside rival fan's heads.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 06:58:49 AM »
Completely unwarranted.  body88 was about as gracious as a die-hard fan could be after the Superbowl.  He even started a world-champs thread for them.

Pats didn't choke either, the Giants beat them. 
Y

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 07:47:01 AM »
Completely unwarranted.  body88 was about as gracious as a die-hard fan could be after the Superbowl.  He even started a world-champs thread for them.

Pats didn't choke either, the Giants beat them. 

Totally waranted my fellow Yank's fan.bod knows he kidding around. :)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 08:10:36 AM »
I gave Body88 a lot of grief that was unwarranted as well. I blame most of that on my own team's failures during the season.

I just find that loss to the Giants to be shocking. I really do. That Giants D held the Pats to 10 points! 10 points!

With all the offensive records the Pats broke during the regular season, I find that amazing. Looking back, it would have been beneficial for the Pats to have gone 15-1 or 14-2, IMO. The pressure had to have been unreal leading up to the Super Bowl. But it was hard to resist making history and I take my hat off to the Pats for what they accomplished. It's just a huge cock in the mouth to accomplish so much and not win the big game at the end.

Sadly, the Giants will be remembered more for pulling the upset as a huge underdog rather than the Pat's undefeated regular season.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 08:44:29 AM »

Totally waranted my fellow Yank's fan.bod knows he kidding around. :)

My bad.  I need to read other boards more to get the lay of the land.  ;D
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 08:48:21 AM »

I just find that loss to the Giants to be shocking. I really do. That Giants D held the Pats to 10 points! 10 points!

I do too.  That point about the defense is why I hate when people say the Pats choked.

When push came to shove, each offense had one more possession, and each one did exactly what it had to do.   Without Eli's drive, the story becomes how, once again, Brady was the man when the chips were down and it was all on the line.

I honestly think that it's going to be near impossible to get a better storyline and outcome for a SuperBowl - the greatest regular season team in history losing on the final drive with the greatest play in SuperBowl history.

Insane.
Y

body88

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 09:15:16 AM »
It's cool guys. I know traps was just messing with me. I can take it, thanks for sticking up for my grape/guts. I know you guys are just kidding around, and to be blunt the patriots should not have won that game. The Giants beat them hands down, and they deserve to be remembered as a team that peaked at the right time, and took down one of the greatest teams ever. The g men have always had the talent, and they finally put it all together.I can't be mad at a team like that beating the pats. As a fan of the game, how could I?

I am happy to be a pat's fan currently. I stuck with them when they where terrible, and even though they take a lot of crap theee days, they are still fun as hell to watch.

I think they go 12 -4 or 13 - 3 this season, and contend for a sb. We shall see how the health god's act to the pats this year!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 11:54:58 AM »
It's cool guys. I traps was just messing with me. I can take it, thanks for sticking up for my grape/guts. I know you guys are just kidding around, and to be blunt the patriots should not have won that game. The Giants beat them hands down, and they deserve to be remembered as a team that peaked at the right time, and took down one of the greatest teams ever. The g men have always had the talent, and they finally put it all together.I can't be mad at a team like that beating the pats. As a fan of the game, how could I?

I am happy to be a pat's fan currently. I stuck with them when they where terrible, and even though they take a lot of crap theee days, they are still fun as hell to watch.

I think they go 12 -4 or 13 - 3 this season, and contend for a sb. We shall see how the health god's act to the pats this year!

Ha,at least the Pats are still considered to be a favorite :-\

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 12:39:59 PM »

Sadly, the Giants will be remembered more for pulling the upset as a huge underdog rather than the Pat's undefeated regular season.
that will go down as one of the best SB ever.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 04:12:59 PM »
It's cool guys. I know traps was just messing with me. I can take it, thanks for sticking up for my grape/guts. I know you guys are just kidding around, and to be blunt the patriots should not have won that game. The Giants beat them hands down, and they deserve to be remembered as a team that peaked at the right time, and took down one of the greatest teams ever. The g men have always had the talent, and they finally put it all together.I can't be mad at a team like that beating the pats. As a fan of the game, how could I?

I wasn't attacking body, i was apologizing for being an ass from the getgo.   I just happened to be lstening to sportstalk radio and they were talking about the pats losing and i couldn't help but feel like posting about it.  I guess i crossed a line, but really... when you're a niners fan, you've got no recievers and shaun hill and alex smith competing for the starting qb position, what else do i have??

body88

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 06:02:56 PM »
I wasn't attacking body, i was apologizing for being an ass from the getgo.   I just happened to be lstening to sportstalk radio and they were talking about the pats losing and i couldn't help but feel like posting about it.  I guess i crossed a line, but really... when you're a niners fan, you've got no recievers and shaun hill and alex smith competing for the starting qb position, what else do i have??

No big deal....

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 08:36:01 PM »
No big deal....

oh i know you were cool with it, i was just clarifying for everyone else.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 05:32:54 AM »
Justin Tuck and the rest of the Dline were a bunch of animals.
the Pats oline couldn't stop them and that's what lost them the game.

and as Giants fan I give much props to Brady.he got FUCKIN pounded and he still gave his team a chance to win.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 06:39:05 AM »
Justin Tuck and the rest of the Dline were a bunch of animals.
the Pats oline couldn't stop them and that's what lost them the game.

and as Giants fan I give much props to Brady.he got FUCKIN pounded and he still gave his team a chance to win.

Exactly.  Brady had one more posession and he marched the length of the field and scored.

Actually, the second to last play of the game was one of the most insane passes I've ever seen.  I think it went 70+ yards in the air, and it looked like Moss should have caught it.  I couldn't believe they actually let him get in that position.
Y