Author Topic: Making Peace with MD  (Read 12389 times)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
Making Peace with MD
« on: May 07, 2008, 06:59:23 AM »
Dave Palumbo and I had a long talk this weekend at the NPC New Englands, and we have collectively decided to bury the hatchet and make peace between me and MD.  It was never Dave who I had a problem with, but Dave's the one who came up to the show for MD and had to deal with the signigificant problems that his staff caused by treating me like shit and banning me from the MD Board.

After talking through all of the issues and making sure that Dave understood where I was coming from, I agreed to put aside my differences with MD and work with Dave to do what was best for the New Englands and for the competitors.  We appreciate MD's coverage of the show and hope that they will cover additional NPC shows in the area, as we continue to try to grow the NPC in New England and make the shows better and better every year. 

It's for the greater good of the NPC in New England that I have decided to put my battle with MD in the past.  Dave made good on his word to reinstate me and my husband on the MD board (not that I will ever post there again), and he also plugged our website for selling pics of the NE's to the competitors, so I appreciate that very much.  Dave's a good guy, and I appreciate him keeping his word.  And I absolutely ADORE Collette.

:)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
Re: Making Peace with MD
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 08:02:07 AM »

Did he say anything about me?   ???
?

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 08:14:04 AM »
Dave Palumbo and I had a long talk this weekend at the NPC New Englands, and we have collectively decided to bury the hatchet and make peace between me and MD.  It was never Dave who I had a problem with, but Dave's the one who came up to the show for MD and had to deal with the signigificant problems that his staff caused by treating me like shit and banning me from the MD Board.

After talking through all of the issues and making sure that Dave understood where I was coming from, I agreed to put aside my differences with MD and work with Dave to do what was best for the New Englands and for the competitors.  We appreciate MD's coverage of the show and hope that they will cover additional NPC shows in the area, as we continue to try to grow the NPC in New England and make the shows better and better every year. 

It's for the greater good of the NPC in New England that I have decided to put my battle with MD in the past.  Dave made good on his word to reinstate me and my husband on the MD board (not that I will ever post there again), and he also plugged our website for selling pics of the NE's to the competitors, so I appreciate that very much.  Dave's a good guy, and I appreciate him keeping his word.  And I absolutely ADORE Collette.

What a pussy

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 08:20:42 AM »
Did he say anything about me?   ???

Not this time.  ;D

What a pussy

Sometimes you just have to be the bigger person in these kinds of situations and not let other people's pettiness and lack of humor turn you into a petty person yourself.  Dave understands this as well.  I did the right thing for the good of the NPC in New England, and for the competitors.  :)

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 08:58:28 AM »
Not this time.  ;D

Sometimes you just have to be the bigger person in these kinds of situations and not let other people's pettiness and lack of humor turn you into a petty person yourself.  Dave understands this as well.  I did the right thing for the good of the NPC in New England, and for the competitors.  :)

Still a pussy! j/k

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 10:38:01 AM »
rip is a powerful woman that buries hatchets

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 10:49:23 AM »
rip is a powerful woman that buries hatchets IN PEOPLE'S SKULLS IF THEY FUCK WITH HER.
Fixed.
?

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 10:51:27 AM »
How did organising of the NPC competition go?

siouxcountry

• Getbig IV
  • Team Ripitupbaby!
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 10:53:28 AM »
I'm still in Time Out.   :D

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 10:59:01 AM »
I'm still in Time Out.   :D
Yea, I know why Sherlock Holmes.
?

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 10:59:48 AM »
Yea, I know why Sherlock Holmes.

Why?

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 12:16:55 PM »
LOL @ burying the hatchet.   ;D

The show went very well.  Along with the promoter and the district chairperson, my husband and I handle all of the check-ins, judging paperwork, competitor scoring, and all of the photography...so as you can imagine, we were very busy.  There were almost 100 competitors at this one, and I was fried to a crisp by the time the night show started.

We're doing it all over again this weekend in Providence.  The NPC Maggiefit/Northern Cup Championships is this Saturday...should be a good show!

OH, I do have a FEW papparazi pics from the New Englands, which I will post if I ever get a chance to go through them.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 12:21:30 PM »

Cool.  There is no reason at all why everyone can't be friends and work together for the greater good of bodybuilding. Simple as that.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 01:13:36 PM »

Cool.  There is no reason at all why everyone can't be friends and work together for the greater good of bodybuilding. Simple as that.

Yep, that's what it's all about, Ron.   :)

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 01:20:37 PM »

that reminds me the song: Why cant we be friends

And now that we are at it , you look like smash mouth's vocalist

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 02:44:14 PM »

"Peace" with MD? Why are you making this sound so grand and important Rip? You got into a fight with some mods on a messageboard, it's not that big of a deal.
E

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 05:20:05 PM »
I get the ramblin freaks collum from...oh, shotgun sally cause ramano comped her a free sub scription

so I like MD

and yes, my real true name was mentioned once in his collum and it made...my...day

sorry flex but when Teagan wrote for you, you were good...now you're geriatric

oh well

get big!!!
X

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 06:19:40 PM »
good call rip.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 08:25:30 PM »
So "ripitupbaby" , when are you leaving us alone for md forums? Let me know what will be your new gimmick here in order to avoid md's restriction to post here.
Good luck "mydavid" ::)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 04:15:27 AM »
"Peace" with MD? Why are you making this sound so grand and important Rip? You got into a fight with some mods on a messageboard, it's not that big of a deal.

Well, for you, everything may end on the messageboard, but that's not the case for those of us who are actually involved with bodybuilding. 

The MD mods singled me out and tried to use me as some sort of example because they didn't like some of the things I had to say (which were no worse than alot of other people).  They banned me and told me that I contribute nothing at all to their board.  I was totally fine with that, and it wasn't a big deal at all...until Palumbo came up to me at the New Englands last weekend and said "we're gonna need your pictures for the MD Board"...at which point I decided to be a bitch about it. ;D

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 06:58:25 AM »
you're good and certainly going to make pro.  I was here before you, eating bad food in front of the computer.  I want Sarah Dunlap back here, and Mayra Conde, and of course Sally McNeil, Teagan Clive, and even the amazing Pillow if she is still around.  I was at the library doing all this out of love.  Do what you like, and I'll give you...um...my gimmick to post here rippy.

love Meddie
X

Billy Guns

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 10:16:33 AM »

Well, for you, everything may end on the messageboard, but that's not the case for those of us who are actually involved with bodybuilding. 

The MD mods singled me out and tried to use me as some sort of example because they didn't like some of the things I had to say (which were no worse than alot of other people).  They banned me and told me that I contribute nothing at all to their board.  I was totally fine with that, and it wasn't a big deal at all...until Palumbo came up to me at the New Englands last weekend and said "we're gonna need your pictures for the MD Board"...at which point I decided to be a bitch about it. ;D

TROUBLE MAKER.... ;D

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 10:27:10 AM »
TROUBLE MAKER.... ;D

haha look who's talking ;)

Funny thing is that this still isn't resolved.  Jrgong's account is still in timeout over there for being a multi-user account.  I explained to Dave ahead of time why more than one person was using that account, but they still put it in Timeout.  I haven't even logged on to see if my account works, and I don't really care.  I haven't cared enough to try to resolve all of this crap in the last week either.  I suppose I will talk with Palumbo again when I see him this weekend at the Jr USAs. ::)

Billy Guns

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2008, 10:32:51 AM »

haha look who's talking ;)

Funny thing is that this still isn't resolved.  Jrgong's account is still in timeout over there for being a multi-user account.  I explained to Dave ahead of time why more than one person was using that account, but they still put it in Timeout.  I haven't even logged on to see if my account works, and I don't really care.  I haven't cared enough to try to resolve all of this crap in the last week either.  I suppose I will talk with Palumbo again when I see him this weekend at the Jr USAs. ::)

have fun at the JR USA....wish I was going....I'm gonna be stuck home playing house :P

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008, 10:34:14 AM »

have fun at the JR USA....wish I was going....I'm gonna be stuck home playing house :P

I wish you were going too.  :'(