Author Topic: Are the Clintons powerful enough to create a 3rd party?  (Read 977 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Are the Clintons powerful enough to create a 3rd party?
« on: May 07, 2008, 01:05:47 PM »

We know we need it. 

The Clintons have a lot more juice than Ron Paul.

Are they the ones to create the alternative??

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Are the Clintons powerful enough to create a 3rd party?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 01:13:31 PM »
Probably powerful enough, but Hillary is a liberal and liberals already have a party. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 01:18:00 PM »
She may want to try cause she's gonna be pissed come June, but she offers nothing different than traditional democrats.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 01:28:26 PM »
Probably powerful enough, but Hillary is a liberal and liberals already have a party. 

The neoconservative movement?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 01:58:51 PM »

But what if she were to flip the switch and become a moderate...and a reasonably conservative (with respect to fiscal responsibility) one at that?

Not only does she have the power to do so (flip), but she would take a lot of her current Democratic supporters with her. 

The tough part would be getting people like me on board, but I will stand before you all and say this: 

If Hillary (and Bill) were to found a new, moderate party for the good the country, I would support the party.  That doesn't mean I'd ever vote for either of them on anything, but if they weren't on the ballot, I would be ok with supporting the party they'd founded.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 02:26:46 PM »
1. it would giftwrap the election for mccain

2. they've have no backing.  most in the party are annoyed at them for dragging this out and hurting obama's chances.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 02:31:30 PM »
But what if she were to flip the switch and become a moderate...and a reasonably conservative (with respect to fiscal responsibility) one at that?

Not only does she have the power to do so (flip), but she would take a lot of her current Democratic supporters with her. 

The tough part would be getting people like me on board, but I will stand before you all and say this: 

If Hillary (and Bill) were to found a new, moderate party for the good the country, I would support the party.  That doesn't mean I'd ever vote for either of them on anything, but if they weren't on the ballot, I would be ok with supporting the party they'd founded.   

She would have to become Bill, who was a moderate.  Problem is she isn't Bill and people don't like her. 

A third party would have be led by someone much more likeable with a lot less baggage.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 04:28:40 PM »

She don't got enough enough dough to compete in the general.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 05:07:34 PM »

It would be at least 6-8 years before a new party candidate would be viable in a national election, but if the movement began now, it *could* be achieved. 

Just because 51% of Democrats voted for Obama, a much higher percentage than that actually LIKE the Clintons.  But even if 75% like them, we're still talking about only 24-25% of the voters.