Author Topic: $200 barrel oil in 6 months  (Read 840 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
$200 barrel oil in 6 months
« on: May 07, 2008, 06:03:29 PM »
The price of crude oil could soar to $200 a barrel in as little as six months, as supply continues to struggle to meet demand, a report has warned.

Goldman Sachs energy strategist Argun Murti made the warning as benchmark US light crude passed the $123 mark for the first time.

Surging demand was increasingly likely to create a "super-spike" past $200 in six months-to-two years' time, he said.

Oil prices have now risen by 25% in the last four months and 400% since 2001.

US sweet, light crude hit an all-time peak of $123.53 (£63.25) on Wednesday, while London Brent crude jumped to $122.32.

Mr Murti correctly predicted three years ago - when oil was about $55 a barrel - that it would pass $100, which it reached for the first time in January of this year.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: $200 barrel oil in 6 months
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 12:54:07 AM »
Fucking lovely..... :-\
HAHA, RON.....

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 01:40:24 AM »
Fucking lovely..... :-\

I think so. 
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 01:51:23 AM »
I think so. 
Oh really, why would you be so happy about it?... Oh stupid me, I was thinking there might be a real discussion in your post.  I get it...  Nevermind... ::) 

You will not stop right?  No matter what, nothing will get in the way of your marketing.  A dozen or so warnings where we would have already banned anyone else and you just keep going like the goddamnded fucking energizer bunny. 

Well, it's your call, don't be shocked at the results ;)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 02:23:09 AM »
Oh really, why would you be so happy about it?... Oh stupid me, I was thinking there might be a real discussion in your post.  I get it...  Nevermind... ::) 

You will not stop right?  No matter what, nothing will get in the way of your marketing.  A dozen or so warnings where we would have already banned anyone else and you just keep going like the goddamnded fucking energizer bunny. 

Well, it's your call, don't be shocked at the results ;)

What are you doing here Pavlov? I don't recall anyone ringing a bell.

Of course I'm happy about $200 a barrel oil, ...I'll be even happier when it hits $300.

You would be too if you bought oil at $50 and went long.

In addition, higher oil prices means it now becomes profitable to extract oil from the Alberta tar sands.
It means North American oil workers can be paid a living wage to be competitive

It means Canada is sitting on the largest oil reserve ever known, bigger than Saudi, Iraqi, Persian, Kuwait & Nigerian fields combined. Should I be upset that my nations economy is booming and will continue to boom for some time to come?

Should I be upset that I saw what the future held and positioned myself to be swept forward by it?

There will come a time when oil is going to take a steep drop, ...and hopefully I will be able to read the signals correctly and short my barrels when it happens. And when it does, ...I'll consider it lovely then too.

In addition, higher oil prices mean that people will start to pay attention to how they use oil.
It means refocussed and concerted efforts to develop a viable, sustainable energy policy.
People will make pro-active efforts to consume less oil, which will benefit the environment and retard global warming

So ya, I got plenty of reason to think $200 a barrel is a lovely thing, ...and that's not even all of them.

It's time for you to take a pill you Pavlovian persecutor!  8)
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 02:28:56 AM »
What are you doing here Pavlov, I don't recall anyone ringing a bell?

Of course I'm happy about $200 a barrel oil, ...I'll be even happier when it hits $300.

You would be too if you bought oil at $50 and went long.

In addition, higher oil prices mean it now becomes profitable to extract oil from the Alberta tar sands.
It means North American oil workers can be paid a living wage to be competitive

It means Canada is sitting on the largest oil reserve ever known, bigger than Saudi, Iraqi, Persian, Kuwait & Nigerian fields combined. Should I be upset that my nations economy is booming and will continue to boom for some time to come?

Should I be upset that I saw what the future held and positioned myself to be swept forward by it?

There will come a time when oil is going to take a steep drop, ...and hopefully I will be able to read the signals correctly and short my barrels when it happens. And when it does, ...I'll consider it lovely then too.

In addition, higher oil prices mean that people will start to pay attention to how they use oil.
It means refocussed and concerted efforts to develop a viable, sustainable energy policy.
People will make pro-active efforts to consume less oil, which will benefit the environment and retard global warming

So ya, I got plenty of reason to think $200 a barrel is a lovely thing, ...and that's not even all of them.

It's time for you to take a pill you Pavlovian persecutor!  8)
That best be exactly what you meant and all you meant because you have indeed in the past applied your happiness for the prices in another area.  ::)  And you have nobody to blame but yourself for my trigger finger in these matters... Everyone knows you brought it to this point all by yourself.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 03:05:52 AM »
That best be exactly what you meant and all you meant because you have indeed in the past applied your happiness for the prices in another area.  ::)  And you have nobody to blame but yourself for my trigger finger in these matters... Everyone knows you brought it to this point all by yourself.

I think the word you're searching for is IMplied, ...and I believe my exact sentiments at the time (over a year ago) were that I had mixed feelings over it. HOWEVER, ...since that time, I have weighed all the pros and cons, ...and the overall sentiment is happiness about high oil prices. I have no reason to feel any guilt profiting from high oil prices, because unlike some people, I'm not just laughing all the wall to the bank, ...I'm doing my damndest to help those who have been feeling the pinch of high oil prices. If they don't want to take advantage of it, ...there's nothing I can do, and I'm not going to cry for them. You can lead a horse to water, ...but if they don't want to drink, ...I'm not about to feel guilty if they die of thirst. 
w