Author Topic: whats your opinion on this diet  (Read 2301 times)

bigandbrolic

• Getbig II
whats your opinion on this diet
« on: May 07, 2008, 10:31:21 PM »
I really don't get as much carbs as i should so i tried trying something as of 5/7/08.  here is my basic schedule 5 days a week, here is a sample of what i did on wednesday.

9am shake 81grms of carbs and 39 grams of protein.  carbs are from 3 servings of oatmeal, plus 8 ounces of v8
10am got to wrestling practice, its alot easier to drink a shake and keep wrestling than eating solid foods
1130am shake 81grms of carbs and 39 grms of protein.  carbs are from oatmeal
145pm i got out of practice
2pm 81grms of carbs and 39 grms protein.  carbs are from oatmeal
330 nap for 1 hr
5pm 8oz chicken and pasta
530 workout i did back and i looked full and actually felt really good throughout my workout
7pm 5 eggs with grits 3 servings 81grms carbs
9pm 8 oz chicken 3 slices of whole wheat bread
12am 2 servings of protein in water with metamucel 48 grms of protein and 8 ounces of v8

I am a grown ass man

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: whats your opinion on this diet
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 10:46:43 PM »
 WHAT THE FUCK IS "PROTEIN CARBS" BRO?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 11:09:09 PM »
oh okay lol i didnt mea for the caps lock dude

where are you getting your protein from in those shakes? and what are your goals ?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 11:19:14 PM »
damn bro big dude. how much is fat ?

whey protein only lasts one hour bro. so either drink a scoop every hour, or switch to a sustained relese protein in those shakes.  oatmeal isnt really the greatest source of cabr bro.  its a moderate rate carb, normally you eith er want SLOW or FAST ( to use as energy, or to replenish glycogen).   but oatmeal will work well aroun your workouts. other times go with more low gglycemic. ezekiel bread, barley, beans, ect.

i would drop the v8 from your last meal. and instead of protein shake ii recommend some red meat, maybe one tablespoon of peanut butter with it.

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 05:24:10 AM »
I really don't get as much carbs as i should so i tried trying something as of 5/7/08.  here is my basic schedule 5 days a week, here is a sample of what i did on wednesday.

9am shake 81grms of carbs and 39 grams of protein.  carbs are from 3 servings of oatmeal, plus 8 ounces of v8
10am got to wrestling practice, its alot easier to drink a shake and keep wrestling than eating solid foods
145pm i got out of practice
2pm 81grms of carbs and 39 grms protein.  carbs are from oatmeal
330 nap for 1 hr
5pm 8oz chicken and pasta
530 workout i did back and i looked full and actually felt really good throughout my workout
7pm 5 eggs with grits 3 servings 81grms carbs
9pm 8 oz chicken 3 slices of whole wheat bread
12am 2 servings of protein in water with metamucel 48 grms of protein and 8 ounces of v8

Your trying to lose weight huh? and your having all those carbs?

Instead have: 25-40g Carbs from oatmeal, 60g Protein ( trying having 30g whey, 30g Casein)
Instead have: if you cant eat solid meal, have 20-30g carbs from oatmeal, another 50g of proein, if you can cook, then have 12-14 oz steak with some broccoli ( you can have sweet potato too, but reeber your goal is losing weight)

145pm i got out of practice... You wrestle for 3.5 hours? then have the shake for your second meal, and have the steak as i said after you workout

5pm 8oz chicken and pasta... YOUR TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT, NO PASTA FOR YOU FOR A WHILE SPECIALLY AT 5, just have 12 oz chicken with broccoli
7pm 5 eggs with grits 3 servings 81grms carbs.....i would use 7 egg white and 2 whole eggs, and NO MORE CARBS!, if you really need something MAYBE have a slice of wheat bread
9pm 8 oz chicken 3 slices of whole wheat bread.....Bump that to 9:30, and 8 oz. chicken and ABSOLUTELY NO MORE CARBS, ZERO!
12am 2 servings of protein in water with metamucel 48 grms of protein and 8 ounces of v8.... i dont know what V8 is, but try having 40-50 g of casein protein

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 06:31:06 AM »
A2damir

I am not trying to lose weight, I am trying to maintain my 280 but lose bf.

Whats your BF Now?  for example lets say your 20-25% BF, the question is, do you want to get in shape and look good and still be a big guy( around 250-260), or do you have be 280lbs to be in your weight class?

and honestly, its easier to LOSE FAT than to ADD MUSCLE, so when your goal is to LOOK BETTER , your just bound to lose weight even if you do add muscle...and tust me, 260 is still a big guy...

but regardless of all of that, the way to lose fat is you have to burn more calories than you take in, if you train 3.5 hrs of balls to the walls wrestling ( i wrestled in college too so i know ho wthat shit is), then yeah you'll burn a ton of calorie and can maybe afford to have 400-500g of carbs a day that your having now, but if you want to lose weight, you have to replace most of those carbs with protein...

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 07:20:12 AM »
A2damir

I am not trying to lose weight, I am trying to maintain my 280 but lose bf.

lol, are you serious?

I bet your bf is 50%, or you're an IFBB pro.

Dude, you are fat and need to lose weight. Face it.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 08:29:04 AM »
less shakes..more solid foods.. no more than 3 shakes out of 7 to 8 meals a day on a plan like that.. typically 2 days is fine.

you could go with a solid meal replacement shake during the day on a liquid diet kinda thing by using something like Atlarge Nutrition's MAXIMUS meal replacement and eating a solid breakfast and dinner and that's it. That's helped a few of guys i know cut weight while maintaining good muscle mass and strength.

and DK is right..unless you're a MONSTER..you could afford to lose a few lbs...but you'll still be able to keep your strength and muscle size if you drop slowly. Think of it..lighter and faster with the same strength in wrestling? could be a good thing for you.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 09:05:41 AM »
LOL

big and brolic

these guys thnk they know, but they have no idea!

;D

YOU DONT NEED TO CUT ALL YOUR CARBS AND EVERY THING RIGHT NOW DUDE.

switch from whey to sutained release, switch to low glycemic carbs, and cut the carbs from the last meal. you can keep calories about the same. when you can, eat whole meat instead of the shakes. this will help lean you out.

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 09:36:03 AM »
LOL

big and brolic

these guys thnk they know, but they have no idea!

;D

YOU DONT NEED TO CUT ALL YOUR CARBS AND EVERY THING RIGHT NOW DUDE.

switch from whey to sutained release, switch to low glycemic carbs, and cut the carbs from the last meal. you can keep calories about the same. when you can, eat whole meat instead of the shakes. this will help lean you out.

dude this is like the 5th stupid advice i have read from you in the past 2 days... this 280 pound guy wants to ( who has already lost 15 pounds) WANT TO STAY THE SAME SIZE BUT LOWER HIS BF...Translation: He is basically fat or a true genitic freak to be 280pounds of solid muscle.... so his first step is to LOSE FAT!!, currently he is taking 460g of protein ( assuming the pasta he has is 80g and i counted the bread to be about 20g o, so ur telling me he can DECREASE BODY FAT WITH 400+ carbs a day? are you out of ur fucking mind? Pros eat that much carbs in the offseason, and they are on 10 different drugs, and ur telling this kid to only cut about 60g of carbs from his diet???

More like he has to cut 300g of carbs from his diet....

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 09:41:08 AM »
if currently he is consuming x amount of calories, carbs, proteins, fats.  and with that intake he is slowly losing weight, then all he must do to further progress on his fat loss is to remove a little bit from x.   

thyroid and metabolism adapt to calorie, carb, fat intake. since his body is uSED TO runnning off of that amount of food, in fact its actually losing weight on that amount of fod, then dropping a small portion of it, willl increase fat loss

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 09:55:11 AM »
if currently he is consuming x amount of calories, carbs, proteins, fats.  and with that intake he is slowly losing weight, then all he must do to further progress on his fat loss is to remove a little bit from x.   

thyroid and metabolism adapt to calorie, carb, fat intake. since his body is uSED TO runnning off of that amount of food, in fact its actually losing weight on that amount of fod, then dropping a small portion of it, willl increase fat loss

For a guy that does 3.5 hours of hardcore cardio ( wrestling) PLUS working out at least 5 days a week, and he has lost only 15 pounds on 5 mounths, that says it all...

Yes if he's currently taking 460g of carbs a day and you tell him keep everything the same and drop 40g of carbs from your diet, of course he's gonna lose weight, but this kid has no business eating 450+ carbs a day if he wants to lower his BF.... Yes any lil amount of carbs he cuts will eventually lead to weightloss, but he should be in the 100-200g of carb a day bracket to begin with, not 450+ !

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 11:07:44 AM »
who says its a kid? who says he is fat ? he practices from 10 to 145. that aint high school wresling, champ.

fact is, right no  he is sloly losing fat. he wants to maintain weight, but lose fat.  what your advising will have him dropping huge amounts of WEIGHT (both muscle and fat).

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 03:14:38 PM »
bg dude !

yup id just say switch to sustained release protein powder, cut the v8 at night, and when you can substitue whole meat for the shakes.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 08:28:11 PM »
looks good !

maybe add in some peanut butter in your second to last meal ?

Kviahellan

• Getbig II
  • Monsterceps
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2008, 10:23:20 PM »
Looks good. I would also cut back carbs on non training days, about 25-30%.
#

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 11:19:55 PM »
You are a wrestler, do you know my brothers NICK "THE SERIAL KILLER" MENDITTO && DJ "THE ASSRAPER" SANTOS? or their janitor, nick "il pussy" vissicaro  ;D

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 01:18:52 AM »
What I don't understand is why a guy weighing 280 is asking advice from guys who probably weigh about 170.  :-\

bigerthanu

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 05:26:34 AM »
LOL!!!!!!! ::) ::)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 06:12:38 AM »
What I don't understand is why a guy weighing 280 is asking advice from guys who probably weigh about 170.  :-\

well, i rather be 170 in shape than 280 50% bf.  ;)

;D ;D ;D

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 06:33:26 PM »
candidizzle

the only sustained release protein i found was from elite and it taste like soy protein, am i being shafted here?
bigandbrolic. elite is a very reputable company. i wouldnt doubt there products.   

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2008, 01:55:21 PM »
bigandbrolic. elite is a very reputable company. i wouldnt doubt there products.   

"their"  candi.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2008, 02:13:19 PM »

"their"  candi.
der der duuuhhhhhhhh lol   ;D