Poll

Should women throw out their bras and go au naturel?

Yes
9 (50%)
No
9 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Should women throw out their bras and go au naturel?  (Read 10086 times)

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
Should women throw out their bras and go au naturel?
« on: May 08, 2008, 07:08:55 AM »
Couldn't find the latest study I read, but there have been a few published articles recently. All of them say going braless means nicer, perkier boobies!  :D Why is it such a big deal to go braless? It's such a taboo in the US.

The French study the sagging and bra wearing even further

Another study with similar results was conducted in 2003 by Laetitia Pierrot and Jean-Denis Rouillon. In it, 250 women who practiced sports stopped wearing a bra for one year. They were followed regularly with questionnaires and biometric measurements. At the 6-week checkup, the ladies experienced some discomfort from abandoning the bra, but this disappeared later, and by the end of the year 88% of the women reported improved comfort compared to before the study.

The measurements showed firmer, more elevated and perkier breasts. For example, the distance from the nipple to the shoulder bone was reduced, which means the breasts sagged less. They noted a better muscular development in the rotator muscles of the shoulders and the pectoralis major. Also, stretch marks on breasts became less visible.

(Pierrot L., Evolution du sein après l'arrêt du port du soutien gorge, étude préliminaire longitudinale sur 33 sportives volontaires, Thèse présentée le 19 décembre 2003 devant la Faculté de Médecine et de Pharmacie de Besançon.
[The development of the breasts after discontinuing wearing bras. Preliminary longitudinal study of 33 volunteer sportswomen. Thesis presented December 19th, 2003, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, Besancon, France.]

Here is an article discussing that study (in French): Le soutien-gorge en question. See here for an English translation. There is also a more recent study by Jean-Denis Rouillon: Santé Le port du soutien-gorge déconseillé par un médecin bisontin (Besançon doctor advises against wearing bras ).

Sports bras and jogging

There is one more notable study concerning sagging and bra wearing, which found that jogging caused breasts to bounce enough to sretch the Cooper's ligaments inside the breast. Naturally, stretched ligaments would cause the breast to sag more.

The lesson to take home from this study is that if you engage in jogging or some other type of very active sport, sports bras are recommendable.
Conclusion

To prevent or lessen the eventual sagging that will come with age, let breasts be free of bras when you can so that the ligaments inside them can be "in use"; however protect the breasts from bouncing too much by using proper sports bras, when doing intense physical activity such as running.

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
Re: Should women throw out their bras and go au naturel?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 07:21:09 AM »
Yes they should and this  is a great segway into what I was about to post.

Who are women trying to look cute for?

My S.O. changed outfits 3 times before we left for the opera and everytime she changed I told her the outfit was nice and she should wear it. Obviously my opinion was quickly put on the "pay no mind" list. Who was she dressing for?

I need help understanding this! Btw does anyone else (men) have to deal with this?
W

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 07:55:19 AM »
Yes they should and this  is a great segway into what I was about to post.

Who are women trying to look cute for?

My S.O. changed outfits 3 times before we left for the opera and everytime she changed I told her the outfit was nice and she should wear it. Obviously my opinion was quickly put on the "pay no mind" list. Who was she dressing for?

I need help understanding this! Btw does anyone else (men) have to deal with this?

Women dress for themselves and other women mostly, because their clothes are judged more harshly by fellow females.  ;D In the same way, guys think other guys are puny or skinny, when women think they look just fine.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 07:57:16 AM »
free da boobies!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 08:01:52 AM »
yes they should

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 08:16:04 AM »

Break out the National Geographics to show the results of going braless!

;D

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 08:22:20 AM »

;D

the new variation of sling backs huh

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 08:26:33 AM »
Women dress for themselves and other women mostly, because their clothes are judged more harshly by fellow females.  ;D In the same way, guys think other guys are puny or skinny, when women think they look just fine.

I don't know if the motivation to judge is the same for men and women.

W

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 10:32:05 AM »

;D

LOL

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 11:11:44 AM »
LOL

;D   Small breasted woman can get away going braless all or most of the time.  Before I enhanced myself I did.  Bigger breasted, natural or enhanced, I can't see that would be very good from a sagging point over time. 

Do I feel like I have to wear a bra for public decency? No.  I could really care, I may not wear one all weekend,  but comfort wise and for perky longevity I will continue to wear one as necessary and not go au naturel 24/7. 

Plus I don't know about other women, but at a certain time of the month those puppies are sore and I don't need them being unnecessarily jostled!! 
  :P

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 01:26:38 PM »

;D
I agree!
:D Weee

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 02:09:25 PM »
i like when a girl has big tits and you can see the nips popping out of th shirt heheehhe
L

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 05:49:41 PM »
I see that all 5 votes are for no.  I must admit I am surprised, either it was all women that voted, or the men actually used their little brain in their head, and not their other little brain in their penis!

;D

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 05:50:34 PM »
i like when a girl has big tits and you can see the nips popping out of th shirt heheehhe

ok beavis 

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 05:56:17 PM »

I mentioned this to the lady of the house, and she laughed and said that the women in the study must have been small-breasted and inactive.  Then she launched into a diatribe about a boy-like college room-mate who was always running around bra-less. I asked her if she had pics and she replied that they were probably in storage, at which point I tuned out.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 06:48:07 PM »
I mentioned this to the lady of the house, and she laughed and said that the women in the study must have been small-breasted and inactive.  Then she launched into a diatribe about a boy-like college room-mate who was always running around bra-less. I asked her if she had pics and she replied that they were probably in storage, at which point I tuned out.

Do people just skim, or what?  ;D Nobody is saying women should flop around the tennis court or run with their boobies hiked over their shoulders.

Behold the conclusion of the study:

Conclusion

To prevent or lessen the eventual sagging that will come with age, let breasts be free of bras when you can so that the ligaments inside them can be "in use"; however protect the breasts from bouncing too much by using proper sports bras, when doing intense physical activity such as running.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 06:36:57 AM »
I don't think those National Geographic women are playing tennis.  They may run sometimes of course, but according to this study they should be pretty perky.

::)

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 08:59:49 AM »
Hey STells, I didn't mean for this to be a poll or anything, just passing along some info. My motivation has more or less has to do with breast cancer, and when it hits the family, you take more notice of whatever news thing comes your way, maybe.

I got an email with a new study that seems to indicate that ill-fitting bras cause health risks, which may or may not contribute to breast cancer. They estimated that 80% of women wear bras that don't really fit them. I lost that email in a cleaning sweep,  :-\ and can't find the study again, but here's some other info in case anyone's interested.

As for African women, those national geographic pics aren't pretty, but apparently many pregnancies, lots of breast feeding, and yeah, running through the jungle juggling may have something to do with it. Western women who wear bras from puberty on don't all have such yummy breasts by the time they're 60 either.

These studies may or may not be bogus. But doesn't hurt to at least be aware.

http://www.007b.com/bras_bare_facts.php

http://www.theherbaladvisor.com/Healthy_Living_35/Bras_Still_Cause_Breast_Cancer_Are_Your_Patients_Dressed_To_Kill.shtml

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008, 09:01:51 AM »
What do you cal the hair between grandmas tits??

...her vagina :-)
w

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2008, 09:17:17 AM »
Ewww Mindspin.  :P

And Deedee. most women take off their bras when home, definitely at night so they are essentially doing as you said.  :)

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2008, 09:19:09 AM »
What do you cal the hair between grandmas tits??

...her vagina :-)

Good thing then, that Gramp's stuff is hanging at knee level. The old folks still manage to find each other.   :P

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2008, 09:53:22 AM »
boobs

( o ) Y ( o )

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2008, 10:48:57 AM »

We must, we must, we must improve our bust.
The bigger the better, the tighter the sweater.

Less droopier the better, more attractive the sweater.

:D

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2008, 10:57:17 AM »

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2008, 11:06:31 AM »
that has so many jokes !         ;D