Author Topic: Does Hollywood Own The Left?  (Read 1146 times)

The Coach

Does Hollywood Own The Left?
« on: May 08, 2008, 08:26:54 AM »
Most already know that Hillary's "Move On.org" has a huge influence on the left. Seems the Dems don't know how to manage themselves let alone a country!!

Clinton supporter pressures Pelosi over White House battle
Posted: 10:12 AM ET
WASHINGTON — In a heated phone call with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi late last month, Hillary Clinton supporter Harvey Weinstein threatened to cut off campaign money to congressional Democrats unless Pelosi embraced a new plan by the movie mogul to finance a revote of the Democratic presidential primaries in Florida and Michigan, according to three officials who were briefed on the contents of the conversation.

The three officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk publicly about the private phone conversation, said Weinstein, a top supporter of Clinton’s presidential campaign, appeared determined to buy Clinton more time in her battle against Sen. Barack Obama by pushing for the revote and pressing Pelosi to back off her previous comments that superdelegates should support the candidate who’s leading in pledged delegates in early June.

Weinstein, a co-founder of Miramax Films who now runs the Weinstein Company, called CNN Thursday to vehemently deny that he issued any threats. “Never, ever was the thought about denying funding to Democrats,” he said.

Weinstein said the phone call focused on his offer to put together a team of people to help finance a revote in Florida and Michigan. “I told her people felt there would be a disenfranchisement of voters” unless Democrats came up with a remedy, he said.

–By CNN White House Correspondent Ed Henry

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: Does Hollywood Own The Left?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 08:32:17 AM »
Most already know that Hillary's "Move On.org" have a huge influence on the left. Seems the Dems don't know how to manage themselves let alone a country!!

Joe, pull yourself together ;D

Move on has endorsed Obama, and can't really be called a 'Hillary org'

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 08:36:25 AM »
This is a great thread...

for the political board.

The Coach

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 09:24:48 AM »
Joe, pull yourself together ;D

Move on has endorsed Obama, and can't really be called a 'Hillary org'

My mistake, I meant "Media Matters". Regardless, still ties to Soros.

The Coach

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 11:25:13 AM »
Wow, I'm surprised 240 hasn't chimed in yet with his love for the left :-)

The_Shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 07:27:54 PM »
This is a great thread...

for the political board.
;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 12:12:42 AM »
Wow, I'm surprised 240 hasn't chimed in yet with his love for the left :-)

You confuse "interest in debating all angles of every issue" with "loving the left".

We can compare voting history, and many other factors.  I come out to be "more repub" on everything.

The only difference is that I am willing to admit the many flaws of my own party, and I am willing to criticize my leaders when they fck up. I don't candy-coat things, I don't insult people's intelligence by trying to downplay the seriously fcked things the repub party has done in the last 7 years.

Picture Coach Bobby Knight back in the day.  He LOVED his team, he LOVED his players.  Be he was TOUGH on them, because he expected excellence.  He dug at their flaws and exposed them when they slacked, and they overachieved as a result.  I'm sure there are coaches who told their kids how great they are, how they did no wrong, and this team was prompty whooped by Coach Knight's team, because they had the balls to FIX what was wrong with them.

The Coach

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 06:53:13 AM »
You confuse "interest in debating all angles of every issue" with "loving the left".

We can compare voting history, and many other factors.  I come out to be "more repub" on everything.

The only difference is that I am willing to admit the many flaws of my own party, and I am willing to criticize my leaders when they fck up. I don't candy-coat things, I don't insult people's intelligence by trying to downplay the seriously fcked things the repub party has done in the last 7 years.

Picture Coach Bobby Knight back in the day.  He LOVED his team, he LOVED his players.  Be he was TOUGH on them, because he expected excellence.  He dug at their flaws and exposed them when they slacked, and they overachieved as a result.  I'm sure there are coaches who told their kids how great they are, how they did no wrong, and this team was prompty whooped by Coach Knight's team, because they had the balls to FIX what was wrong with them.

.......that being said, I haven't really heard you say anything bad about the opposing team.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 07:21:32 AM »
.......that being said, I haven't really heard you say anything bad about the opposing team.

name any aspect of any dem candidate and I'll happily tear them a new asshole :)

I am the most hard on my OWN kids (the repub party).  I don't care what my trashy neighbor does with her kids.  I care about my OWN kids growing up right.  I'm not trying to teach my neighbor's kids not to do drugs - I just care about my own kids.  Likewise, I don't care as much about petty BS drama betwen inexperienced obama and deceptive hilary.  I care more about mccain's ability to curb anger and maintan a semblance of non-senility, making gaffe after gaffe.

I don't care what goes on in my neighbor's house.  Trying to mop their kitchen floor is pointless.  All I can do is keep my own house in order.  Arnold didn't hide is weak calves.  He cut the bottoms off all his pants so his weakness would be EXPOSED, so he'd be FORCED to fix them.  He didn't spend his days making fun of Mentzer or Zane's calves - no, he exposed his own weakness, fixed them, and let the world know ;)

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2008, 07:23:01 AM »
I hate bigotry in all its forms but I thought the Jews owned Hollywood.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 09:29:54 PM »

They pretty much own everything when you go to the top in the field......banking, real estate....

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 10:22:18 PM »

You've obviously never heard of the Scientologists.  :-X
w