Author Topic: non traditional careers  (Read 3615 times)

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
non traditional careers
« on: May 08, 2008, 10:38:36 AM »
Aside from graduating with a b.a. in business, what are careers that are cool you wish you could go back and do?

JasonH

• Getbig V
Re: non traditional careers
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 10:43:25 AM »
If I had my time again I would flunk my exams and go live in a trailer park, live off my disability allowance and sit and post on Getbig all day - seems like a good life.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 10:48:34 AM »
I once dated a guy who was a professional driver.

Have you ever seen those car commercials with the car whizzing through curves or spinning around on a rain slicked road in a commercial, magazine, TV show, or movie?  In commercials the caption always says “professional driver on a closed course.  Do not attempt.”

I always thought he had the coolest job.  :D

JosephineD

• Getbig II
  • Josephine cPT, Sports/Fitness Model, Competitor
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 10:54:07 AM »
Aside from graduating with a b.a. in business, what are careers that are cool you wish you could go back and do?
I'd go back and become the doctor I originally planned, but got sidetracked by the hopes of potential marriage and motherhood... but I'm glad I never married his sorry ass or had his babies.   But then again, if I did become a doctor originally, I probably wouldn't be in the fitness industry right now, nor enjoying the sport of figure.  So, I guess I'm glad I'm not a doc
J

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 11:03:22 AM »
I'm just about to graduate with a law degree next month and then I'm off to join the Royal Marines - which has pretty much always been my dream job.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 11:07:25 AM »
If the pay wasn't an issue I'd drive a taxi. I love driving.
$

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 11:23:18 AM »
I have everyone beat...

Three little words: PROFESSIONAL MONSTER HUNTER

The Luke

Sharma

• Getbig IV
  • TEAMNASSER4LIFE
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 11:26:23 AM »
I once dated a guy

urgh. no matter how normal you try to make it sound it is still a disgusting abomination

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 11:54:19 AM »
getting paid to make people disappear would be pretty sweet.  When I was in High school I worked in an italian bistro that was owned by a guy who was married to one of john gotti's nieces.  They used to have private parties there all the time.  I worked in the kitchen, and did valet parking.  Guys would come in their caddys with their wives or girlfriends in $40,000 fur coats...dropping $50 and $100 tips all the time.  One time the boss asked me to take a car to Brooklyn for him, and laughing said not to look in the trunk but said it in a half serious kinda way that i didn't look.  Soon as I got to the address there was another guy there in another car and he told me to take his car back to the restaurant.  We traded keys and he gave me $500 but before he loosened his grip on the cash he said "you didnt look in the trunk did you?"  I was like FUCK NO, if i got a flat tire I wasn't even gonna look in there.  He sent me on my way.  I wonder if I had never gone away to college where that job would have lead to.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 12:02:12 PM »
getting paid to make people disappear would be pretty sweet.  When I was in High school I worked in an italian bistro that was owned by a guy who was married to one of john gotti's nieces.  They used to have private parties there all the time.  I worked in the kitchen, and did valet parking.  Guys would come in their caddys with their wives or girlfriends in $40,000 fur coats...dropping $50 and $100 tips all the time.  One time the boss asked me to take a car to Brooklyn for him, and laughing said not to look in the trunk but said it in a half serious kinda way that i didn't look.  Soon as I got to the address there was another guy there in another car and he told me to take his car back to the restaurant.  We traded keys and he gave me $500 but before he loosened his grip on the cash he said "you didnt look in the trunk did you?"  I was like FUCK NO, if i got a flat tire I wasn't even gonna look in there.  He sent me on my way.  I wonder if I had never gone away to college where that job would have lead to.

I wanted to be a magician too & entertain kids parties

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 12:14:54 PM »
I wanted to be a magician too & entertain kids parties

Like GOB?

I set out to be an illustrator. I'd have enjoyed that if there was any decent money in it. I think I'd have enjoyed being an architect as well.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 01:02:36 PM »
I went to college got my teaching degree and then happened to start a business

so instead of teaching kids I climb 80ft high in trees-----great office view 8)-----and if I dont want to, I have other people climb and work

making far more $$$$ than I would teaching

much happier too---no bullsh*t politics to deal with----

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 01:16:09 PM »
Hey, Martin Scorsese stole your idea. Made a movie called 'Goodfellas.' I'd give him a call.  >:( 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 01:28:00 PM »
Hey, Martin Scorsese stole your idea. Made a movie called 'Goodfellas.' I'd give him a call.  >:( 

Very nicely done 8)

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 01:35:27 PM »

LOL
HAHA, RON.....

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 01:37:15 PM »
Like GOB?

I set out to be an illustrator. I'd have enjoyed that if there was any decent money in it. I think I'd have enjoyed being an architect as well.

Same here - I was always drawing as a kid - shame there's no decent money for artists out there - would have been a good job to do full time.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 01:43:17 PM »
I'd go back and become the doctor I originally planned, but got sidetracked by the hopes of potential marriage and motherhood... but I'm glad I never married his sorry ass or had his babies.   But then again, if I did become a doctor originally, I probably wouldn't be in the fitness industry right now, nor enjoying the sport of figure.  So, I guess I'm glad I'm not a doc
Im sure a dumb bitch like you would ever be a doctor hahahah
L

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 01:53:27 PM »

I graduated with an Engineering degree and work in a family business (manufacturing field), its cool and the pay is awesome.  But whats funny is that I also did a minor in Criminal Justice, I always wanted to be a cop and be on the SWAT team, my trainer does that and I saw him a few times in full SWAT gear before he goes out on a job, seems soooo bad ass!

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 02:00:21 PM »
I graduated with an Engineering degree and work in a family business (manufacturing field), its cool and the pay is awesome.  But whats funny is that I also did a minor in Criminal Justice, I always wanted to be a cop and be on the SWAT team, my trainer does that and I saw him a few times in full SWAT gear before he goes out on a job, seems soooo bad ass!

sooooo gay!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-X

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 02:01:19 PM »
Im sure a dumb bitch like you would ever be a doctor hahahah

While i dont advocate disrespecting women, the thought of a figure girl as a doctor is KINDA funny haha....but no more funny than the idea of a bodybuilder as a doctor  :o lol

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 02:02:20 PM »
While i dont advocate disrespecting women, the thought of a figure girl as a doctor is KINDA funny haha....but no more funny than the idea of a bodybuilder as a doctor  :o lol
I believe in equality... thats fucked up that your ignorant like that .. ;)
L

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 02:03:09 PM »

Didn't D. Palumbo drop out of med school?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 02:11:17 PM »
Didn't D. Palumbo drop out of med school?

Right before he learned how to make steroids ;)

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2008, 02:13:51 PM »

some of these guys could have been straight out of the fuckin movies.  Long island/queens border was mafia central in the 80s and early 90s. 

big14

• Getbig III
  • Big muscles are so cool
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2008, 02:26:57 PM »
im sure a dumb bitch like you would ever be a doctor hahahah

I hate when retards attack random victims.
Usually I don't wish anyone harm, but Janejonna, I hope
you will suffer from a severe lifelong injury, making your
weird body become disabled.
It feels good knowing your hatefilled semiretarded brain
will hold you back and you will have a crappy, unsuccessful life.

B