Author Topic: The reason Bodybuilding will never be in the Olympics...  (Read 5305 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: The reason Bodybuilding will never be in the Olympics...
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2008, 06:51:26 AM »

LOL @ homoerotic!

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2008, 12:49:02 PM »
Jesus Christ, who cares about bodybuilding and the olympics.

Bodybuilding has and will remain a homo erotic event...period.

Ahahahahahaha....I just heard the 2009 "o" will be in San Francisco on gay pride day!!! LMAO!!!

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2008, 02:31:51 PM »
Olympic sports have huge contracts with sponsors etc. They have a lot more to lose. They use tons of shit, but they are covered.

With the amount of money they have they can easily afford a world class doctor who can help passing drug tests.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2008, 03:34:24 PM »
Why isn't powerlifting an olympic sport? Far more interesting tha olympic lifting...

There are too many drugs in the sport, sure other Olympic sports are just as drug addled, but they were already Olympic events with long histories. There is also a built in audience and lots of money behind them. It will take a lot for them(IOC) to consider adding another small event with a huge drug stigma attached to it.

The sport is also too fragmented, dozens of federations. They would need to consolidate into one or a couple of big federations to make a real push for acceptance.

They also need to get their stuff together as far as rules for the lifts, equipment, .... There's tons of infighting among the federations about this topic already. They need to get that worked out first.

:).     

fearANDloathing

• Getbig III
  • Deep in The Plak Tow. Don't Fuck with me!
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2008, 09:05:21 AM »
Track and field(the premier event) is just as dirty as bodybuilding when it comes to drugs. THG, the whole Jones scandal...
ring a bell? I say if it's OK for them then let  BB in. The crowds won't be big but neither are the badminton or skeet shooting crowds. :)