Author Topic: She's Pushing Florida and Michigan Now....  (Read 1023 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
She's Pushing Florida and Michigan Now....
« on: May 08, 2008, 01:58:03 PM »
I know this is wrong, but....the look on Barack Obama's face makes me think
a) "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Hillary" 
b) "If you Smeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeelllllllllllllll llllll what BARACK....is cookin'

lol

Clinton's Letter to Obama About Florida and Michigan
by Jason Horowitz  |  May 8, 2008
New York Observer

Hillary Clinton just sent a formal public letter to Barack Obama calling on him to work to find a resolution to the Florida and Michigan question that reflects the votes in those states and seats their delegations at the convention. She also attempts to shame him for what she calls his failure to "support those efforts" in Michigan, and for the Obama campaign's opposition to revotes in Florida. "In Florida a number of revote options were proposed. I am not aware of any that you supported," she writes.

As pointed out in a conference call yesterday, it is not clear that the Clinton campaign picks up enough support to change their dire position even if both states are counted. But as long as the Obama campaign doesn't budge, it's a talking point for the Clinton campaign.

Here's the letter:

Senator Barack Obama

Obama for America
P.O. Box 8102
Chicago, IL 60680

Dear Senator Obama,

This has been an historic and exciting campaign. Millions of new voters have been brought into the process and their enthusiasm for the Democratic Party and the principles for which you and I have fought and continue to fight is unprecedented.

One of the foremost principles of our party is that citizens be allowed to vote and that those votes be counted. That principle is not currently being applied to the nearly 2.5 million people who voted in primaries in Florida and Michigan. Whoever emerges as the Democratic nominee will be hamstrung in the general election if a fair and quick resolution is not reached that ensures that the voices of these voters are heard. Our commitment now to this goal could be the difference between winning and losing in November.

I have consistently said that the votes cast in Florida and Michigan in January should be counted. We cannot ignore the fact that the people in those states took the time to be a part of this process and to make their preferences known. When efforts were untaken by leaders in those states to hold revotes to ensure that they had a voice in selecting our nominee, I supported those efforts. In Michigan, I supported a legislative effort to hold a revote that the Democratic National Committee said was in complete compliance with the party's rules. You did not support those efforts and your supporters in Michigan publically opposed them. In Florida a number of revote options were proposed. I am not aware of any that you supported. In 2000, the Republicans won an election by successfully opposing a fair counting of votes in Florida. As Democrats, we must reject any proposals that would do the same.

Your commitment to the voters of these states must be clearly stated and your support for a fair and quick resolution must be clearly demonstrated.

I am asking you to join me in working with representatives from Florida and Michigan and the Democratic National Committee to arrive at a solution that honors the votes of the millions of people who went to the polls in Florida and Michigan. It is not enough to simply seat their representatives at the convention in Denver. The people of these great states, like the people who have voted and are to vote in other states, must have a voice in selecting our party's nominee.

Sincerely,

Hillary Rodham Clinton

http://origin.observer.com/2008/clinton-writes-obama-demand-michigan-and-florida-votes-be-honored

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: She's Pushing Florida and Michigan Now....
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 02:20:44 PM »
no look slike he is smelling, some fried chicken or perhaps praying to allah

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 02:34:13 PM »
barracks name wasn't even on the ballot in michigan...

wonder why miss lets be fair dosen't talk about that!
carpe` vaginum!

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 02:34:23 PM »
no look slike he is smelling, some fried chicken or perhaps praying to allah
hahahahaa

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 03:17:02 PM »
 :)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 03:36:19 PM »
Yeah, you can't count Michigan unless they re-vote, which isn't goning to happen.
Its not the people's fault that the state decided to hold the primaries too early outside the DNC rules.
I see her point there.  The FLA vote should count.  The DNC should not penalyze the people...penalyze the state democrats who made that stupid decision.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 06:01:55 PM »
Yeah, you can't count Michigan unless they re-vote, which isn't goning to happen.
Its not the people's fault that the state decided to hold the primaries too early outside the DNC rules.
I see her point there.  The FLA vote should count.  The DNC should not penalyze the people...penalyze the state democrats who made that stupid decision.

I said it before and I'll say it again:

The fact that the Democratic Party - the self-avowed 'party of the people' - is willing to disenfranchise so many of its faithful members tells many of us all that we need to know about the party. 

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 06:11:09 PM »

Hillary is desperate... begging...

Obama doesnt have to do anything.

Why now - with Florida and Michigan... because it matters.

Why didnt these two speak up when the DMC vowed to punish these two states early January or so.

Sure - when it benefits Hillary.

What a mess they made.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 06:18:43 PM »

Fuck the goddamn GNC!

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 06:29:28 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2008, 12:05:30 AM »
Why didnt these two speak up when the DMC vowed to punish these two states early January or so.

It's not their job to speak up on it or fix it - it was Dean's mess to control.

Charlie Crist did quite a cute little number in FL.  I wonder if he'll be awarded the repub VP nod for it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 06:53:41 AM »
charlie crist is gayer than a 3 dollar bill.   :-*

is this country ready for a GAY vice president ?

5 years ago, I wouldn't have thought the USA was ready for a minority or a female.  Perhaps we are ready for a homosexual candidate.  WHo knows.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 07:20:33 AM »
It's not their job to speak up on it or fix it - it was Dean's mess to control.

Charlie Crist did quite a cute little number in FL.  I wonder if he'll be awarded the repub VP nod for it.

Dean was hamstrung by the rules that clearly indicated that if a state moved up its primary without permission, it would be excluded from the process.

I don't like that b/c it disenfranchises people.  That's not a good thing.