Author Topic: Why isn't natural bodybuilding a bigger deal?  (Read 17014 times)

ScottWelch

• Getbig II
Re: Why isn't natural bodybuilding a bigger deal?
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2008, 04:39:05 PM »
If they did REAL drug testing via blood testing, we could eliminate the "natural" guys that use Finabolan, GH and Insulin right up to the day of a show and still pass the test.  Sponsors would follow if all the bodies were indeed drug free. I've yet to hear of one "natural" federation that does proper IOC level testing.  

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #126 on: July 29, 2008, 04:41:05 PM »
Too many people use drugs and get no good results from them just big guts and bloated body. They overload thinking they will look like the guys in the magazine but they dont eat right or train correctly. The best way to go is to be natural because you dont have too worry about side effects and can have a good build with the cut 6 packs abs and low body fat.  I'd rather have 19" arms with a small waist then 23" with a big gut.

yeah , sure, okay buddyyyy... sure you do

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #127 on: July 29, 2008, 04:49:37 PM »
Too many people use drugs and get no good results from them just big guts and bloated body. They overload thinking they will look like the guys in the magazine but they dont eat right or train correctly. The best way to go is to be natural because you dont have too worry about side effects and can have a good build with the cut 6 packs abs and low body fat.  I'd rather have 19" arms with a small waist then 23" with a big gut.
Naturals at a low body fat level will most often look like shit.  I think the lowest a natural can go and still keep some muscle size is around 11-12%.  Go lower than that and you look like a skinny swimmer.

Oh and I'm calling bullshit on the 19 inch arms with a six pack as a natural. ::)

bmuscle90

• Getbig II
« Reply #128 on: July 29, 2008, 04:51:40 PM »
I never said my arms were 19".. just saying that I would rather have smaller arms with a decent sized waist then big puffy arms and a fat gut..  should of typed it better.

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: July 29, 2008, 04:59:50 PM »
I never said my arms were 19".. just saying that I would rather have smaller arms with a decent sized waist then big puffy arms and a fat gut..  should of typed it better.
Ok i gotcha.

A 19 inch arm definitely isn't small.  Many naturals never achieve that type of size.

Rammer

• Getbig II
« Reply #130 on: July 29, 2008, 05:36:00 PM »
If they did REAL drug testing via blood testing, we could eliminate the "natural" guys that use Finabolan, GH and Insulin right up to the day of a show and still pass the test.  Sponsors would follow if all the bodies were indeed drug free. I've yet to hear of one "natural" federation that does proper IOC level testing.  
I was a very successful natural bodybuilder so I got into promoting a natural BB show and wished I could have done a full IOC drug test but the problem is they are too expensive and you don't get the results back immediately.  Back then(1990's) a simple urine screen cost $50 an athlete and results took 7-10 days.  I was told a full IOC test would run me $300 and it still wouldn't test for everything that an athlete could use.  These fees are too high to work into the entry fee and too high for the promoter to eat the cost.  Unless you have a sponsor willing to pay for all the drug testing it is very expensive to put on a natural show and just break even.  I struggled with choosing a cheaper not as good test but testing every athlete or using a better test and not being able to test everyone due to the expense.  I chose the better test and made sure the top 3 of every class got tested as well as a not so random selection of other athletes(if you looked like you were using, had noticeable side effects, you got selected).  My show had the reputation of having the best drug test in the NPC in the state and a lot of athletes did my show just to prove they were clean.  Of all the tested shows in the state only my show had people failing the drug test.  One year was very controversial when an athlete that had won an overall at a tested show the week before failed my test.  I tested him 3 times at my expense and he failed each time so I kicked him out of my show and he would have won the overall there too.  I also tested my drug tester by sending him athletes that weren't competing but were on steroids, had been on steroids and never took steroids and he caught every single one of the users.  Every single athlete that failed, except the one mentioned above that I tested 3 times, admitted to me that he was using something and tried to beat the test.  I stopped competing on the national level when I saw a guy who failed the drug test at my show a few weeks earlier competing in my class at the Team Universe after passing the drug test there.  I was shocked at how pathetic the testing was at that level and haven't competed since.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2008, 03:07:23 AM »
No kidding that you dont know him.
And you are  IFBB pro? >:(

lol, she claims to be pro but doesn't know Steve Reeves??

Holy shit.

fearANDloathing

• Getbig III
  • Deep in The Plak Tow. Don't Fuck with me!
« Reply #132 on: July 30, 2008, 08:48:14 AM »
All naturals(I'm talking no DRUGS AT ALL!), once stripped of all the fat and dieted down, look like a bunch of swimmers on the stage.
NOBODY CARES!

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2008, 08:56:40 AM »

Steroids make you puffy? It will get you a gut?

You don't have a clue what they are! You get more ripped and dryer with a lot of substances.

Looks like you are the small natural guy in the gym who hates the bigger "juicers"

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2008, 09:00:06 AM »
All naturals(I'm talking no DRUGS AT ALL!), once stripped of all the fat and dieted down, look like a bunch of swimmers on the stage.
NOBODY CARES!

Exactly

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2008, 09:10:01 AM »
tbh.. natural bodybuilders can look quite big in clothes/offseason, but yes they do look crap on stage. I would rather look like an offseason natural bodybuilder than a untested pro.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #136 on: July 30, 2008, 10:31:59 AM »
tbh.. natural bodybuilders can look quite big in clothes/offseason, but yes they do look crap on stage. I would rather look like an offseason natural bodybuilder than a untested pro.

Yeah me too, look at this natural PRO!

;D :P

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: July 30, 2008, 01:17:47 PM »

Layne norton destroys you.
hope this helps
And thats one of his worst poses imo.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: July 30, 2008, 01:28:48 PM »

He was 18 there you fucking moron. Post a pic of him at 25.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #139 on: July 30, 2008, 01:44:19 PM »
Layne norton destroys you.
hope this helps
And thats one of his worst poses imo.

:D ::)

MASSIVE cannonball delts!!

Man these natural PRO'S will surely receive major attention!!!