Author Topic: From an Angry Soldier  (Read 10312 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
From an Angry Soldier
« on: May 09, 2008, 11:59:03 AM »
I found this on Craigslist.

I post it b/c some people at this forum claim, with their cocktail in their hand, that anti-Iraq war people are whiners.

Maybe it's authentic and maybe it's not.  I am certain that this has happened in some form.

Is this soldier a whiner?:

I'm having the worst damn week of my whole damn life so I'm going to write this while I'm pissed off enough to do it right.

I am SICK of all this bullshit people are writing about the Iraq war. I am abso-fucking-lutely sick to death of it. What the fuck do most of you know about it? You watch it on TV and read the commentaries in the newspaper or Newsweek or whatever god damn yuppie news rag you subscribe to and think you're all such fucking experts that you can scream at each other like five year old about whether you're right or not. Let me tell you something: unless you've been there, you don't know a god damn thing about it. It you haven't been shot at in that fucking hell hole, SHUT THE FUCK UP!

How do I dare say this to you moronic war supporters who are "Supporting our Troops" and waving the flag and all that happy horse shit? I'll tell you why. I'm a Marine and I served my tour in Iraq. My husband, also a Marine, served several. I left the service six months ago because I got pregnant while he was home on leave and three days ago I get a visit from two men in uniform who hand me a letter and tell me my husband died in that fucking festering sand-pit. He should have been home a month ago but they extended his tour and now he's coming home in a box.

You fuckers and that god-damn lying sack of shit they call a president are the reason my husband will never see his baby and my kid will never meet his dad.

And you know what the most fucked up thing about this Iraq shit is? They don't want us there. They're not happy we came and they want us out NOW. We fucked up their lives even worse than they already were and they're pissed off. We didn't help them and we're not helping them now. That's what our soldiers are dying for.

Oh while I'm good and worked up, the government doesn't even have the decency to help out the soldiers whos lives they ruined. If you really believe the military and the government had no idea the veterans' hospitals were so fucked up, you are a god-damn retard. They don't care about us. We're disposable. We're numbers on a page and they'd rather forget we exist so they don't have to be reminded about the families and lives they ruined while they're sipping their cocktails at another fund raiser dinner. If they were really concerned about supporting the troops, they'd bring them home so their families wouldn't have to cry at a graveside and explain to their children why mommy or daddy isn't coming home. Because you can't explain it. We're not fighting for our country, we're not fighting for the good of Iraq's people, we're fighting for Bush's personal agenda. Patriotism my ass. You know what? My dad served in Vietnam and NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

So I'm pissed. I'm beyond pissed. And I'm going to go to my husband funeral and recieve that flag and hang it up on the wall for my baby to see when he's older. But I'm not going to tell him that his father died for the stupidty of the American government. I'm going to tell him that his father was a hero and the best man I ever met and that he loved his country enough to die for it, because that's all true and nothing will be solved by telling my son that his father was sent to die by people who didn't care about him at all.

Fuck you, war supporters, George W. Bush, and all the god damn mother fuckers who made the war possible. I hope you burn in hell.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: From an Angry Soldier
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 03:17:54 PM »
Craigslist? Must be 100% true!  ::)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 04:10:45 PM »

Why can't it be?  ::)

That person is actually spot on. If you really care about the troops then you wouldn't want them out in some shithole and in danger of being blown up by an IED.

And the government doesn't give a shit about soliders. Most of the homeless folks in Manhattan are actually veterans.  :-\ How fucking sad is that?

Purge_WTF

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 05:15:20 PM »
Fuck you, war supporters, George W. Bush, and all the god damn mother fuckers who made the war possible. I hope you burn in hell.

Hell yeah!

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 05:44:36 PM »

She's clearly better educated than the semi-literate HH6.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 09:06:44 PM »
Bring em home....

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 09:08:29 PM »
Bring em home....

Only a Liberal like you would want to end such a successful war, and bring home troops from the job they love.
S

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 09:15:01 PM »
Only a Liberal like you would want to end such a successful war, and bring home troops from the job they love.

LOL.  I know.  How do i sleep at night.... ;D

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 04:51:49 AM »

if you r soo pro iraq war why dont you put your body where your heehaw mouth is and go enlist..
carpe` vaginum!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 06:09:27 AM »

Even if it's not legit, it certainly expresses the outrage that many military families feel. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 10:06:47 AM »
Something from Craig's List is about as reliable as this:

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 10:18:14 AM »
Something from Craig's List is about as reliable as this:

You don't think there are service men and women who see this war for what it really is?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 10:21:40 AM »
You don't think there are service men and women who see this war for what it really is?

I personally know men and women who have been in combat who support the war and those who don't.  That really has nothing to do with whether something from Craig's List is authentic.   

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2008, 10:23:23 AM »
I hate Craigslist.  So many scams come out of that place.  Put an ad in there and see what happens

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2008, 11:14:56 AM »
I personally know men and women who have been in combat who support the war and those who don't.  That really has nothing to do with whether something from Craig's List is authentic.   

Could be true...but i'm not really going to comment. Her husband is dead, so I'm sure she's upset. Calmus....once again feel free to play in traffic. Beach..headed ur way from 18 Aug through 5 Sept with a 72 hour pass in the middle. I'd like to knee deep and drunk so get ur tour hat out.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 12:37:48 PM »

Could be true...but i'm not really going to comment. Her husband is dead, so I'm sure she's upset. Calmus....once again feel free to play in traffic. Beach..headed ur way from 18 Aug through 5 Sept with a 72 hour pass in the middle. I'd like to knee deep and drunk so get ur tour hat out.

Cool.  Just send me a PM when the time gets closer.  I don't drink, but I know where the good watering holes are.   :)  We can also go train at Hickim AFB.  They have a really good gym. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2008, 12:58:38 PM »
Cool..we're trying to figure out where we're staying..they don't skimp so I expect it should be a good time.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2008, 01:23:10 PM »
I don't drink,

I don't trust a man who won't fistfight, throw down a shot, or salute the flag at the drop of a hat.

Sounds like you fall into that category...

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2008, 04:39:12 PM »
Cool..we're trying to figure out where we're staying..they don't skimp so I expect it should be a good time.

Glad we could help.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2008, 05:06:41 PM »
Did he not decide to enlist?  Did he not take an oath to put himself in harms way? 

Whether you support the war or not if you're in the military you've made that decision to accept some tough shit.  The family would be understandibly upset but it won't change the decisions he made.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 05:27:56 PM »

They'll probably put you guys in the Hale Koa in Waikiki, because it's a military hotel.  Nice place:  http://www.halekoa.com/

My recommendation would be away from the tourist trap (Waikiki).  These are my two favorites:

The Ihilani out at Koolina:  http://www.ihilani.com/   http://www.koolina.com/

Or Turtle Bay:  http://www.turtlebayresort.com/default_.asp

Both are about 30 to 35 minutes from downtown Honolulu. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2008, 05:34:16 PM »
I don't trust a man who won't fistfight, throw down a shot, or salute the flag at the drop of a hat.

Sounds like you fall into that category...

I don't trust or respect any girlyman who threatens to murder his wife and child.  Sounds like you fall into that category:

my woman already knows. if i ever make a fortune, i'll always make sure she and the babies are covered if we split.

but if we ever split and she tries to screw me in court, well, hello scott peterson.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2008, 10:29:27 PM »
Did he not decide to enlist?  Did he not take an oath to put himself in harms way? 

Whether you support the war or not if you're in the military you've made that decision to accept some tough shit.  The family would be understandibly upset but it won't change the decisions he made.

Military salesmen sell you one thing and then you're sworn to another. 

How many recruits consult an attorney before signing?  How many have an attorney present *at* the signing? 

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2008, 08:47:01 AM »
Military salesmen sell you one thing and then you're sworn to another. 

How many recruits consult an attorney before signing?  How many have an attorney present *at* the signing? 

I agree.. and recruiters can be some real scum bags.  But the enlistee has to bear more responsibility.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008, 08:55:55 AM »
Oh I'm fairly certain that something like this has happened.

All those weekend warriors that signed up to the military to get a break on the cost of education are especially part of this.  They're older with families.

They got their education plus 3 or 4 extended tours of duty plus psychological damage, bodily harm and indeed death.

It's not that these things don't happen in a time of war, they do.

But that goes to the heart of the matter:  what are we fighting for?

Let's sit back with cocktail or beer and cheer on the job the troops are doing.

And let's put down those fucking anti-war whiners.  It's over.  Like the 'stolen' 2000 presidential election.  It's over.....get over it.

In the last two weeks, 24 US soldiers have been killed in Bush's foreign wars.

In a related note, I'm certainly glad that President Bush was able to celebrate the joyous black tie wedding of his daughter.

It must have been a hell of a party.