Author Topic: From an Angry Soldier  (Read 10437 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: From an Angry Soldier
« Reply #100 on: May 15, 2008, 08:13:50 AM »
I would hope that they also know that blind obedience to corrupt/incompetent presidential leadership is not part of their enlistment bargain.

There is only one idiot who disobeyed a lawful order to fight because he thought the war was illegal:  Ehren "the traitor" Watada.  I hope he gets to spend some quality time at Fort Leavenworth. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #101 on: May 15, 2008, 08:15:40 AM »
Iraq has oil.  we'd like to sell that oil in dollars.  they have good spots for bases too. we'd like those.

small-minded people can debate WMD - bush now admits they weren't there.
small-minded people can debate 'helping them'.

grownups know it was about oil, bases, and dollar.  you kids keep talking about how we helped them.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2008, 08:18:25 AM »
There is only one idiot who disobeyed a lawful order to fight because he thought the war was illegal:  Ehren "the traitor" Watada.  I hope he gets to spend some quality time at Fort Leavenworth. 
The court appointed US president, George W. Bush, broke international law by ordering the attack on IRaq.

Last time I checked, a soldier can't obey an illegal order.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2008, 08:20:04 AM »
There were conscientious objectors even in WWII.

"Conscientious objectors" are opposed to all killing in war, so not really a good example.  They still served.  One of them received the Medal of Honor (Desmond Doss).  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: May 15, 2008, 08:22:27 AM »
The court appointed US president, George W. Bush, broke international law by ordering the attack on IRaq.

Last time I checked, a soldier can't obey an illegal order.

Last time I checked the Congress and much of the world disagrees with you.  Only one dummy in uniform took that stance.  We'll see how the military justice system deals with someone who betrayed his oath, his fellow soldiers, and his country. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2008, 08:24:03 AM »
"Conscientious objectors" are opposed to all killing in war, so not really a good example.  They still served.  One of them received the Medal of Honor (Desmond Doss).  
It's a great example.

See Beach Bum, one big problem with the illegal invasion is the killing/murder.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: May 15, 2008, 08:24:53 AM »
you shouldn't sign up unless you're prepared to kill or be killed.

the kid that quit... what was his official statement on why he quit?

My guess is, he learned about the whole "they let 911 happen for oil wars?" and shit his pants.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #107 on: May 15, 2008, 08:25:22 AM »
There were conscientious objectors even in WWII.

I understand that blind obedience is how some people view the military chain.  I don't think every soldier checks his or her brain at the door to make that possible.

Understandable since the point and principles of the military are lost on liberals.

CO's are cowards, ignorant, or both.  You join the military you do what you're told.  That's why it's called a "commitment."  Soldiers agree to live by different rules than free citizens.

Really?  Who declared war on whom?  Just between you and me, this little invasion was never a war.  It was an exercise in terrorism.  Did I say 'terrorism'?  I'm sorry, I meant we saved the Iraqis by attacking the Iraqis.

No wait, that's not quite right, We attacked Iraq to make the Iraqis comply with the ongoing UN inspections that Iraq was already complying with.

That can't be right.

Did Iraq attack us?  Did Iraq attack an ally?  Why is the fighting continuing?

I don't know if the reason we fight matters to you at all but it does to me.

I'm sick of seeing US soldiers killed and families ruined b/c the leaders and supporters of the "war" are too damn pigheaded to admit to a mistake.

You just answered your own question jack ass.. Even IF it was a mistake to invade Iraq we are there NOW fighting insurgents and attempting to maintain order.  It's vital to stay until they can govern, police, and defend themselves without our help.  We started this wheel so we have to see that we don't leave the country to rot and fall into full civil war or worse, fall victim to Iran.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: May 15, 2008, 08:27:23 AM »
Last time I checked the Congress and much of the world disagrees with you.  Only one dummy in uniform took that stance.  We'll see how the military justice system deals with someone who betrayed his oath, his fellow soldiers, and his country. 
If I, or anyone else, had standing to sue a sitting president for international war crimes, the court appointed president's ass would be grass.  But I digress.

Iraq complied with WMD inspections.  Bush ordered the invasion to make Iraq comply with WMD inspections.

Do you see a problem with that Beach Bum?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2008, 08:28:59 AM »
It's vital to stay until they can govern, police, and defend themselves without our help.

Problem is, about 6 months ago we suspended the police training programs, remember?  We said we'd do it ourselves?  It was a major setback for those who said "we're training them to take over" and an admission that letting them take over wasn't going to happen for a long time.

anyone have a link to that?  It was discussed wildly on getbig, as a big failure.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2008, 08:29:45 AM »
If I, or anyone else, had standing to sue a sitting president for international war crimes, the court appointed president's ass would be grass.  But I digress.

Iraq complied with WMD inspections.  Bush ordered the invasion to make Iraq comply with WMD inspections.

Yeah cause when it's obvious we mean business Saddam would play us every time.  Then he would kick out the inspectors or start playing hat games again.  It was all bullshit.  The man didn't respect us because we didn't kill the bastard in 91 like we should have.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2008, 08:30:33 AM »
Problem is, about 6 months ago we suspended the police training programs, remember?  We said we'd do it ourselves?  It was a major setback for those who said "we're training them to take over" and an admission that letting them take over wasn't going to happen for a long time.

anyone have a link to that?  It was discussed wildly on getbig, as a big failure.

If that's true it is a huge step back.  Definitely NOT doing what we should.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2008, 08:30:40 AM »
Understandable since the point and principles of the military are lost on liberals.
That's stupid.

CO's are cowards, ignorant, or both.  You join the military you do what you're told.  That's why it's called a "commitment."
Is that what your wife tells you?

Soldiers agree to live by different rules than free citizens.
No argument here.

You just answered your own question jack ass.. Even IF it was a mistake to invade Iraq we are there NOW fighting insurgents and attempting to maintain order.  It's vital to stay until they can govern, police, and defend themselves without our help.  We started this wheel so we have to see that we don't leave the country to rot and fall into full civil war or worse, fall victim to Iran.
How did I answer my own question?  Why is it "vital" that we stay?  Guys like you have been so wrong about every single prediction made about the Iraq fiasco that you've become a running gag.

And fuck you  for calling me a jackass.  I tolerate your presence b/c I'm a bit bored at work.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2008, 08:30:50 AM »

Dems and Repubs alike, yelled about WMD, in all those quotes up to Feb 2003.
Bush got his UN inspections.
Nothing was found.
The inspectors and the UN all said the same thing - Dude doesn't have WMD.

We didn't like the answer, so we invaded them.

Everytime BeachCum quotes a 1999 Dem quote about WMD, it insults every one of you.  Dems and Repubs wanted inspections, and got them.  Bush just didn't liek the answers ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2008, 08:32:47 AM »
If that's true it is a huge step back.  Definitely NOT doing what we should.

I agree 100%.... i've always said I like the idea of forces on bases in iraq forever - to protect the oil and maintain presence in the region.  howevevr, letting our guys soak up bullets in the ghettoes of baghdad, that's madness.

Pull our forces out of the cities, and pinkmist anything that comes within 5 miles of our bases, from the air.  Easy!

however when the announcement came - I think it was 6 months ago - it was big.  Said that won't be happening for at least 2 years, that their police just wasn't ready so no more resources were going that way. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: May 15, 2008, 08:34:15 AM »
Dems and Repubs alike, yelled about WMD, in all those quotes up to Feb 2003.
Bush got his UN inspections.
Nothing was found.
The inspectors and the UN all said the same thing - Dude doesn't have WMD.

We didn't like the answer, so we invaded them.

Everytime BeachCum quotes a 1999 Dem quote about WMD, it insults every one of you.  Dems and Repubs wanted inspections, and got them.  Bush just didn't liek the answers ;)
That's right.  You summed that up pretty well.

Bush undermined international law, international treaties, and the US itself with his illegal invasion.

If we wanted the Iraq oil, we could have taken the vaunted 'free market' approach but we didn't.  Why?  B/c the US could take IRaq with little resistance.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: May 15, 2008, 08:36:55 AM »
That's stupid.

Not as stupid as an ignorant jack ass who doesn't understand the military.

Is that what your wife tells you?

Not married.  No commitment here.

How did I answer my own question?  Why is it "vital" that we stay?  Guys like you have been so wrong about every single prediction made about the Iraq fiasco that you've become a running gag.

And fuck you  for calling me a jackass.  I tolerate your presence b/c I'm a bit bored at work.

You seem to have a problem understanding our continued presence in Iraq so I stated why we're still there.  And apparently we were right about the surge, among other things.  As far as I can see you haven't been right about anything you've ever written about.

I don't see that you're a mod up there so you can eat the shit outta my ass you spineless whore. ;D  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: May 15, 2008, 08:40:24 AM »

I see a problem with someone who takes an oath, tramples on that oath, then sits in an air conditioned office while his subordinates are sent off to get shot at. 

This just in:  the 2000 election is over.  The 2004 election is over. 

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: May 15, 2008, 08:42:12 AM »
I agree 100%.... i've always said I like the idea of forces on bases in iraq forever - to protect the oil and maintain presence in the region.  howevevr, letting our guys soak up bullets in the ghettoes of baghdad, that's madness.

Pull our forces out of the cities, and pinkmist anything that comes within 5 miles of our bases, from the air.  Easy!

however when the announcement came - I think it was 6 months ago - it was big.  Said that won't be happening for at least 2 years, that their police just wasn't ready so no more resources were going that way. 

What's worse is that if we leave now and Iraqi citizens are just left as war bait for the next regime minded soon-to-be dictator in 10 or 20 years not only will the next regime hate us but their citizens will all remember how thier mothers, fathers, brothers, and sisters were all murdered after being abandoned by the great Satan USA and will hate us so much that they'll be our next batch of bombers, hijackers, and assorted terrorists.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2008, 08:45:16 AM »
That's right.  You summed that up pretty well.

Bush undermined international law, international treaties, and the US itself with his illegal invasion.

If we wanted the Iraq oil, we could have taken the vaunted 'free market' approach but we didn't.  Why?  B/c the US could take IRaq with little resistance.

General Clark disagrees with you:

"There's no question that Saddam Hussein is a threat... Yes, he has chemical and biological weapons. He's had those for a long time. But the United States right now is on a very much different defensive posture than we were before September 11th of 2001... He is, as far as we know, actively pursuing nuclear capabilities, though he doesn't have nuclear warheads yet. If he were to acquire nuclear weapons, I think our friends in the region would face greatly increased risks as would we." -- Wesley Clark on September 26, 2002

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2008, 08:45:47 AM »
Not as stupid as an ignorant jack ass who doesn't understand the military.

Not married.  No commitment here.

You seem to have a problem understanding our continued presence in Iraq so I stated why we're still there.  And apparently we were right about the surge, among other things.  As far as I can see you haven't been right about anything you've ever written about.

I don't see that you're a mod up there so you can eat the shit outta my ass you spineless whore. ;D  

hahahaha.  A warrior in a chit chat room.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2008, 08:47:12 AM »
I see a problem with someone who takes an oath, tramples on that oath, then sits in an air conditioned office while his subordinates are sent off to get shot at. 
Why bring up Bush at this point?

This just in:  the 2000 election is over.  The 2004 election is over. 

The SOL on Bush's appointment is still not up my friend.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2008, 08:47:36 AM »
What's worse is that if we leave now and Iraqi citizens are just left as war bait for the next regime minded soon-to-be dictator in 10 or 20 years not only will the next regime hate us but their citizens will all remember how thier mothers, fathers, brothers, and sisters were all murdered after being abandoned by the great Satan USA and will hate us so much that they'll be our next batch of bombers, hijackers, and assorted terrorists.

Early on, the british fueled the civil unrest in the south.  2 of their SF men got caught in basra  (i think basra) with bombmaking materials dressed in muslim garb.  they were tossed in prison.  UK forces stormed the prison and it was a big battle.  got lots of coverage.  pics of a UK tank on fire was everywhere.  they later apologized for the 'misunderstanding'.

the social unrest was by design - we tore down their entire infrastructure except the oil ministry.  

Now, we are signing contracts for 41 longterm bases, we are signing contracts to manage their oil in dollars, and the civil unrest which was beneficial for justifying the building of all these things - is a little out off control.  we're paying off militias not to fight, and to fight those who refuse to be paid off to fight.  Tons of guns, literally thousands of pounds of guns, have disappeared, as have millions of dollars.  bribes to "settle down in this area, please".

Hell, that's why al-sadr is sitll breathing.  we needed him for unrest in the south.  he got organized and now we cna't control him.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2008, 08:49:10 AM »
hahahaha.  A warrior in a chit chat room.

"... exposing spineless liberals one post at a time."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2008, 08:49:29 AM »
Wesley Clark on September 26, 2002

Look at the date, numbnuts.

Inspections by the U.N. restarted from November 2002 until March 2003,[1] but hadn't turned up any evidence of actual WMDs when the United States and the "Coalition of the Willing" invaded Iraq and overthrew Saddam Hussein in March 2003.

He wanted is in September when he made his statement.  He got it 58 weeks later.  Don't you ever get tired of being proven wrong, clown?