Author Topic: Ted Kennedy Says No to Obama-Hillary Ticket  (Read 424 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Ted Kennedy Says No to Obama-Hillary Ticket
« on: May 10, 2008, 01:46:42 AM »
Those people who think Obama and Hillary are a "dream team" need to put the pipe down. 

Ted Kennedy Says No to Obama-Hillary Ticket

Friday, May 9, 2008 9:55 PM

By: Rick Pedraza  Article Font Size   

Although it may be a bit premature to ask the question, Bloomberg TV’s Al Hunt did just that when he sat down today with Sen. Ted Kennedy, D-Mass., to ask what he thought the chances are of a Barack Obama-Hillary Clinton ticket.

Kennedy, an Obama supporter, said, no way. “I don't think it's possible,” he told Hunt. “You're going to have someone that's going to be able to assume the responsibility.”

The interview, which will air this weekend on Bloomberg Television’s “Political Capital,” focuses on the type of person Obama should choose as his running mate, if the senator from Illinois is successful in securing the party’s nomination.

“I would hope that [Obama] would also give consideration to somebody that is in tune with his appeal for the nobler aspirations of the American people,” Kennedy said. “I think if we had real leadership – as we do with Barack Obama – in the number-two spot as well, it'd be enormously helpful.”

Kennedy’s negative reaction to the idea of an Obama-Clinton ticket is in stark contrast to the Democratic group VoteBoth, which has dedicated itself to an Obama-Clinton or a Clinton-Obama ticket.

VoteBoth, an independent expenditure committee created to build support for a Democratic “Dream Team” ticket with both Obama and Clinton, didn't much like Kennedy's thoughts on the subject.

"We respect Sen. Kennedy's opinions about what is best for the Party,” co-founder Sam Arora said in a statement, “but we think that the millions of Democrats who have voted for Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton have something to say, too. Why stop at having a nominee who has the support of 51% of Democrats when we could have a 'Dream Team' ticket that has won 100%?"

The “Dream Ticket,” which has been kicking around the past few weeks on many of the major news outlets, websites, and online blogs, was also addressed by ABC News' George Stephanopoulos on Thursday's "Good Morning America.”

Stephanopoulos reported live on the program that "intermediaries" in the Obama and Clinton campaigns have discussed openly the possibility of a "dream team" ticket scenario.

"I think it's very much a possibility and there are others around Sen. Clinton and other top Democrats who think the strongest ticket would be a joint ticket," he said.

In addition, a CBS News/New York Times Poll has indicated that a majority of Democrats support a unity ticket.

However, Howard Wolfson, the Clinton campaign's communications director, has denied that she is interested in the vice president spot.

“That’s not something she would accept," Wolfson told "GMA."

With the rhetoric between the two candidates intensifying, both sides admit that it is looking more like a long shot the two will come together as the battle for the Democratic nomination enters its final stage.

Talk has even surfaced that disappointed Clinton supporters of her bid for the presidential nomination may, in fact vote for presumptive Rep. nominee Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), instead of Obama.

During his visit to Capitol Hill Thursday morning, Obama, when asked whether he would take Clinton as his vice presidential running mate, told reporters, "I think its premature for us to be thinking in that way, because I don't know who the nominee is going to be yet. It's not yet resolved."

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/Kennedy_Obama_Hillary/2008/05/09/94880.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Ted Kennedy Says No to Obama-Hillary Ticket
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 05:57:57 AM »
Those people who think Obama and Hillary are a "dream team" need to put the pipe down. 

You're giving credit to something Teddy Kennedy says?

King libby there ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 10:10:09 AM »
Aw, isn’t that cute.  Hanging on my every word again.  Here are some more biscuits for the rabid Chihuahua:

Ted Kennedy is right about an Obama-Hillary ticket being a loser in November.

Ted Kenney was right to say "no to Obama-Hillary" Ticket.

Ted Kennedy is right if he believes Obama-Hillary is not "dream team." 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 10:37:54 AM »
Ted Kennedy is right
Ted Kenney was right
Ted Kennedy is right

Biggest.  Lib.   Ever.                          You.