Author Topic: The Spa?  (Read 13649 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
The Spa?
« on: May 10, 2008, 10:25:34 AM »
Have any of you been to a Burke Williams Spa? 
http://burkewilliamsspa.com/

Is there a spa that you are fond of?  I know some people will think a man going to a spa is gay but I don't care.  I'll pass on all the Body Wraps, Nail Care, Salon, and Skin treatments, etc. but a good body massage from a professional spa is something I cannot pass up (even when it's pricey).  :)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: The Spa?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 10:52:17 AM »
I want to give my gf (not that kind of gf) a gift certificate to the spa... but I think I should try it out first just to make sure it will be a good experience (for her). 

I'm gonna go for the hour long Deep Tissue/Sports massage.  Of course I'm doing this strictly for her sake.  ;D

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 12:05:30 PM »
I want to give my gf (not that kind of gf) a gift certificate to the spa... but I think I should try it out first just to make sure it will be a good experience (for her). 

I'm gonna go for the hour long Deep Tissue/Sports massage.  Of course I'm doing this strictly for her sake.  ;D
How altruistic of you lol!
R

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 06:28:46 PM »
I hit the spa this afternoon!   :D

Had a great full body massage for an hour, then hit the steam room, and then the hot tub.  They had a sauna too, but I skipped that.  As I was leaving they encouraged me to come back--later today. 

This particular spa is located in a huge mall.  They say some of their clients hit the spa early in the day... then go shopping, hit the movie theatre, have lunch or dinner, and then come back for additional treatments!  Not sure I'd want more than one spa session in the same day since all I wanted was a massage, but they offer many services, I would never use: manicure, pedicure and other things of interest to women.  I asked them how many men use the spa and they said 30% of their clients are men.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 06:47:44 PM »
Happy ending?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 06:54:21 PM »
Happy ending?

I went to a professional spa because I didn't want that kind of massage!  :)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 07:07:53 PM »
I went to a professional spa because I didn't want that kind of massage!  :)
why not???????
u only live once!!!.................live it up bay!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 03:39:30 PM »
I got a gift certificate (good for two visits) to the Burke Williams Spa today!  ;D

Time for another full body massage (without the happy ending).  :D

mbell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 03:44:35 PM »
I have heard the Spa at the Clairmont Resort is great! All though I haven't had the pleasure...
M

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 04:18:55 PM »
What are you waiting for? Life is short.  Treat yourself!  :D

mbell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 05:36:18 PM »
What are you waiting for? Life is short.  Treat yourself!  :D

I don't really care for the typical massage. I go to a guy who specializes in very deep tissue massage therapy. That rubbing you soflty crap does nothing for me!  ;)
M

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 10:50:20 PM »
That rubbing you soflty crap does nothing for me!  ;)

Throw in some soft music and a little candlelight, the right partner, ...and you'll change your tune real fast! HA!  ;D
w

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 08:44:49 PM »
http://www.burkewilliamsspa.com/

I'm headed to the spa again this weekend.  I usually get the Pure Relaxation massage but they do offer different kinds.  Have you had any of these other kinds and can you recommend one?  I'm willing to try anything but the Pregnancy one.  :D

Pure Relaxation
       A blend of Swedish and circulatory massage strokes promoting body/mind relaxation. It will leave you refreshed and rejuvenated. This style of massage can be experienced in a lighter or stronger style.

Deep Tissue / Sports
    A more technical and sometimes more aggressive style that "really gets in there". This massage is for any person, athlete or not, who senses their body is closing in on them. We suggest a full session for the upper body only or a deluxe session for the full body. Appointments are subject to the availability of our deep tissue therapists.

Pregnancy Massage
    Burke Williams offers a special massage for this special time in your life. We’ll settle you into a secure and restful position using a “side block”. Then, we’ll carefully ease away those aches and pains.

Traditional Japanese Shiatsu
    Shiatsu is an age-old Eastern art that combines the techniques of energy flow, meridian massage, acupressure and stretching. It will bring new-found energy and an awakening of new possibilities

Swedish / Shiatsu Combo
    The Eastern art of Shiatsu massage is generously complimented with a blend of Swedish and circulatory techniques.

Reflexology
    Based on the ancient Oriental theory that meridian lines carry energy throughout the body, Reflexology is an acupressure type technique performed on the hands and feet only. As pressure is applied to specific points, it stimulates the natural energy of related organs and assists in restoring health.

Thai Massage
    Thai massage is an interactive manipulation of the body using a combination of techniques ranging from shiatsu to yoga. Feel your muscular and joint tension slip away as your therapist unites passive stretching with acupressure massage to revitalize energy. Truly a unique experience!

Reiki
    Reiki or “universal life energy” is a healing technique that originated in Japan. By gently placing the hands on or above the body in specific positions, this treatment is designed to relieve pain, restore vitality, and enhance your spirit.

Lymphatic
    This specific technique stimulates the lymphatic system, and encourages its natural process of releasing bacteria and toxins from the body. Lymphatic massage is beneficial in improving the flow of lymph by using light, rhythmic strokes.

Cranial Sacral
    Cranial Sacral Therapy is a specialized treatment created for those with nervous disorders, motor-coordination impairments, attention deficit disorders and insomnia. By using this technique, and a gentle touch, Cranial Sacral Therapists may assist in facilitating improvement in areas affected by these conditions.

Mydavid

• Getbig V
  • thankd dweetir :)
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 02:27:30 AM »

I love Burke Williams...in fact i had my bachlorette party there...which one do you go to?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2008, 06:08:27 AM »

Deep Tissue / Sports
    A more technical and sometimes more aggressive style that "really gets in there". This massage is for any person, athlete or not, who senses their body is closing in on them. We suggest a full session for the upper body only or a deluxe session for the full body. Appointments are subject to the availability of our deep tissue therapists.

I'd get this one!
R

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2008, 06:26:47 AM »
I'd get this one!

Yeah I could use that one myself.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2008, 02:18:22 PM »
I love Burke Williams...in fact i had my bachlorette party there...which one do you go to?

Wasn't that super expensive?  :o

Mydavid

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2008, 05:07:43 PM »
Wasn't that super expensive?  :o

It was...i was lucky because i think everyone paid for themselves and then they pitched in for me ;)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2008, 08:29:28 PM »
What is the correct spa etiquette? 

Assuming you are going to have a A) sauna B) whirl pool C) steam room, and a D) massage in what order should you have these treatments?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2008, 10:03:56 AM »
What is the correct spa etiquette? 

Assuming you are going to have a A) sauna B) whirl pool C) steam room, and a D) massage in what order should you have these treatments?
At the Sonoma Fairmont Spa they have different "spring pools" at diff. temperatures.  The way they suggest you do it is first shower (in your swimsuit as the showers are right there by the spring pools) and then get in the coolest pool and move to the hottest at the end.  Then dry off and go get your massage...then come back for a steam.

Good massages there and nice spa area

R

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2008, 10:22:48 AM »
why not???????
u only live once!!!.................live it up bay!
Does this actually go on?

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 12:26:38 PM »
At the Sonoma Fairmont Spa they have different "spring pools" at diff. temperatures.  The way they suggest you do it is first shower (in your swimsuit as the showers are right there by the spring pools) and then get in the coolest pool and move to the hottest at the end.  Then dry off and go get your massage...then come back for a steam.

Good massages there and nice spa area

Thanks.  I'll try that.  :)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 09:36:24 AM »
I’ve tried many different massage products (chairs, handhelds, the spa, etc.) over the years, but I recently got one of these and I want to give it the thumbs up.  It is portable, cheap, and it works very well.

If you’ve ever been to a Sharper Image, Brookstone, or similar store you’ve probably sat in one of those full size recliner massage chairs that cost $4000-$6000.  I always wonder who buys those things.  Sure it feels good but would you use it enough to justify the cost?  Assuming you purchase an extended warranty with it, how do you get it serviced when it eventually breaks down?  Do they come to your house?  Do you have to ship it?!?!?

I already have a La-Z-Boy recliner (btw, every man should have one of those) and the last thing I want is a huge, heavy, massage chair in my living room or bedroom that clashes with the surrounding furniture.  The Seat Topper is portable so you can easily move it from one chair to another or put it away when not in use.  I have used it in the La-Z-Boy but I like it better when I use it while seated at my desk.

Compared to those full sized chairs the Seat Topper is very cheap.  Repeated trips to the spa can add up quickly if you go often.  Unless you have money to blow, you simply can’t afford to go to the spa every single day.  You can use the Seat Topper every day, or every other day, or once a week without breaking the bank.

The Seat Topper actually works well as a massager.  Nothing can replace human hands, of course, but it’s not always possible or convenient to go to the spa, and unlike your significant other (who may give great massages) the Seat Topper never gets tired.  The Topper can do your whole back, lower back, or upper back.

The chair at my desk can tilt way back.  The Seat Topper is best used with a chair with a high back that can tilt back.  When you want a light massage simply sit up straight; when you want a more aggressive massage tilt back in your chair.  Your body weight will affect a more aggressive massage from the Seat Topper.

http://www.brookstone.com/store/product.asp?product_code=571919&wid=17&cid=1702&sid=170201&search_type=subcategory&prodtemp=t1#MyReviewHeader

Mydavid

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2008, 09:25:16 AM »
My sister-in-law and i went last Monday to the one in Pasadena and i had the Emilee's Intrigue...

This is what it was-

This spa experience begins with a combination of massage and hot rock therapy. Next, we cover your body with fresh eucalyptus leaves known for their ability to boost the immune system. Then, wrapped in steaming towels the natural oils of eucalyptus penetrate deep into your body. Secure in this warm and nurturing environment, your face and scalp are gently massaged. Finally, after removing the towels and leaves, the massage continues.

It was wonderful...not many people there in fact we actually brought our swimsuits but when we saw so few people we just went naked which was very relaxing!!!

Just thought i'd share after i somehow stumbled upon a few of Linda's posts and needed to write about something very VERY relaxing.

w8m8

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2008, 10:47:20 AM »
My sister and i went last Monday to the one in Pasadena and i had the Emilee's Intrigue...

This is what it was-

This spa experience begins with a combination of massage and hot rock therapy. Next, we cover your body with fresh eucalyptus leaves known for their ability to boost the immune system. Then, wrapped in steaming towels the natural oils of eucalyptus penetrate deep into your body. Secure in this warm and nurturing environment, your face and scalp are gently massaged. Finally, after removing the towels and leaves, the massage continues.

It was wonderful...not many people there in fact we actually brought our swimsuits but when we saw so few people we just went naked which was very relaxing!!!

Just thought i'd share after i somehow stumbled upon a few of Linda's posts and needed to write about something very VERY relaxing.

Eucalyptus is heavenly  :)