Author Topic: The #1 Problem With Bodybuilding???  (Read 3473 times)

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
The #1 Problem With Bodybuilding???
« on: May 11, 2008, 09:27:13 AM »
I always wondered what the occult, ritualistic, and even luciferian aspects of the bodybuilding community is all about. I think I now figured it out. The bodybuilding cult is meant to create a following of self-loathing men and women totally obsessed with their reflection in the mirror. They emancipate themselves in their critically judged physiques and detach themselves from the spirit's journey to look inward to face its soul. "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakens." Carl Gustav Jung

This following worships their bodybuilding idols, whom they could never emulate without a much greater degree of self-obsession and self-loathing; idols who place their own health and well being aside to achieve their fetished appearance that stems from a hate for themselves, for they are only loved in this world if they are adored as monsters. But that's not true, for it's only a delusion that they create for themselves, which they can be set free from at any time upon their own command. They just need to learn to love themselves and to love others without feeling that they have some masochistic duty to live in fear of a false sense of inferiority.
~

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
Re: The #1 Problem With Bodybuilding???
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 09:48:14 AM »
I always wondered what the occult, ritualistic, and even luciferian aspects of the bodybuilding community is all about. I think I now figured it out. The bodybuilding cult is meant to create a following of self-loathing men and women totally obsessed with their reflection in the mirror. They emancipate themselves in their critically judged physiques and detach themselves from the spirit's journey to look inward to face its soul. "Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakens." Carl Gustav Jung

This following worships their bodybuilding idols, whom they could never emulate without a much greater degree of self-obsession and self-loathing; idols who place their own health and well being aside to achieve their fetished appearance that stems from a hate for themselves, for they are only loved in this world if they are adored as monsters. But that's not true, for it's only a delusion that they create for themselves, which they can be set free from at any time upon their own command. They just need to learn to love themselves and to love others without feeling that they have some masochistic duty to live in fear of a false sense of inferiority.
Some good points. I have noticed you seem to make some pretty thought provoking posts from time to time, however I don't think we can group everybody who's into bodybuilding into the above descriptions. There are some of us, such as myself, who got into bodybuilding years ago, after seeing Pumping Iron, and admiring Arnold Schwarzenegger, a man who is the antithesis of self-loathing. I never was a self loathing individual either, and I used bodybuilding to create a physique that was aesthetic and pleasing to the eye. Unlike today's pro's who distort themselves with massive doses of GH, Insulin, Igf1, synthol and end up having huge guts and unnatural looking delts, etc. To blindly worship those individuals would be closer to your post. To want to look freakish to the point of destroying all sense of proportion and symettry may be a reflection of some mental pathologies, but not always. Sometimes it's just the end result of competitively trying to push the envelope. So, in my opinion, there is no one size fits all diagnosis for the entire bodybuilding community.

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 10:02:05 AM »
Point made. I'm referring to the "cult" aspect. I, too, don't fill the description of a cult follower in BB, but they undoubtedly exist. I both have an artists' perspective on my physique and a drive to maintain a body that functions most efficiently.

You also made a good point about how unpopular "pushing the envelope" has become. Most fans aren't stretching the desired image of themselves to match the current hero BB images and it is not even pleasant to imagine being like them. Seems like the architects of the BB spectacle may actually want their fans (or followers) to make an effort to compare themselves to the freakiest physiques in human history. It doesn't seem to be working well though.
~

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 10:25:08 AM »
   All three great posts, loved reading them! I agree and agree.  There is, of course, a spectrum.  Much of the reason many bodybuild is to overcome or compensate for some kind of discomfort they experience in life-and when you're in that situation, it's easy to idolize or worship, or in other words, live for the thing that gives you comfort even if it in and of itself will end up making you uncomfortable all over again later in life.  I was defintely this person, I think I still am to an extent.  As the discomfort eases, it seems that the desire to achieve freakishness as well-although, that was never a word I associated with the physique I wanted.  Even still, Arnold's physique, for example, has even become somewhat un-desireable to me now; I would rather have one that works well, looks good in a way that doesn't necessarily stick out like a sore thumb, and is pain free.   
   I think a good lesson to learn is to constantly evaluate your feelings and your desires in life, find out if you are pursuing things for reasons that are less than healthy-or even desireable to you.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 10:34:40 AM »
if arnold could have gotten his body to the place where todays ifbb pros are taking their bodies, he would have don so in a fraction of a second.   even though its not about being "big" or intimidating", arnold and every other bodybuilder will constantly strive for more size. beause we dont critique ourselves based on what we look like with clothes on standing next to the average person, we critique ourselves based on beign naked and hitting poses that display the muscle rgoups.
NOW, if somebody has spent their entire life dedicated to building all of their muscles, has taken steroids, and lives bodybuilding 24/7..they are going to have a a pretty high standard for what their bodies are going to look like..and their muscles will NEVER  be big enough, defined enough, vasular enough...ect

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 10:41:40 AM »
While you can certainly blame the drugs, the real reason that bodybuilding has never caught on as a sport is the inherent lack of conflict. Guys posing on stage just can't compete with football, boxing, basketball or mma.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 10:55:12 AM »
if arnold could have gotten his body to the place where todays ifbb pros are taking their bodies, he would have don so in a fraction of a second.   even though its not about being "big" or intimidating", arnold and every other bodybuilder will constantly strive for more size. beause we dont critique ourselves based on what we look like with clothes on standing next to the average person, we critique ourselves based on beign naked and hitting poses that display the muscle rgoups.
NOW, if somebody has spent their entire life dedicated to building all of their muscles, has taken steroids, and lives bodybuilding 24/7..they are going to have a a pretty high standard for what their bodies are going to look like..and their muscles will NEVER  be big enough, defined enough, vasular enough...ect
That's incorrect. Arnold has gone on record in interviews saying that he would never have wanted to look like most of the Pro's today because of the pregnant looking bellies and lumpy oil filled muscles. It's not a size issue. If someone is 6' tall and weighed 330 pounds shredded, but kept a small waist and perfect proportions and no synthol, it probably would still have some aesthetics. It's just that the Growth hormone, Insulin, IGf1, synthol and 2000 mg and up testosterone stack adds muscle to the body in an unsightly way. That stack has literally created some true monsters. I still like to watch it because it is amazing, but it has gone past where I or most people with any sense of artistry, would want to look like. Take the GH, insulin, IGf1, 2000 mg test stack out of the game, and you'd see great physiques again with true muscle separation, striations, etc. Not just big shapeless blobs of muscle.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 11:05:33 AM »
do you go by figgz on the Icke forum ?  :)

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 11:14:42 AM »

good post

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 03:38:03 PM »

Not saying you, but you do realize that 99% of people that bash bodybuilding( espeacially in a bodybuilding forums) is because they couldn't cut it themselves. I am sure that what you stated above is true to some degree, but following facts remain in bodybuilding concerning bodybuilders charecteristics.... Extremely discipline, High tolerance for pain, Dedicated, Hard work ethics, Agression, passion, Organized, Consistency, Precision, basically a lot of key points that would seperate the Mens from the boys. On top of this you would also have artistic ability and vision. We are talking about a champion bodybuilder; enter the realm of his world and garunteed you wouldn't last a few days with such a narrow mind that you displayed with your post. Unhealthy and unnecasary, yes. But give credit where credit is do. The reality is Bodybuilders are soldiers, tuff as nails, and are bad mutha........ >:(

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2008, 03:41:30 PM »
Fact is, getting "bigger", more muscular, doesnt make you happier. It may slighlty contributes to hapiness, like money and whiter teeth, but it doesn't make you happier in your everyday life, it doesn't teach you how to handle relationships with the others, only your parents and your brain can help you adapt and improve the quality of your life.

Strong and sane relationships help one to overcome his insecurities, not muscles, drugs or any other addictions.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 03:44:11 PM »
yoru worng. maybe developing your body doesnt make YOU happy, but its one of the only things that make someon obsessed with bodybuilding happy.  onetimehard hits it on the head, as usual,  bodybuilding is much more than just making it to the gym on a consistant basis.

Moosejay

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 03:45:14 PM »
That's incorrect. Arnold has gone on record in interviews saying that he would never have wanted to look like most of the Pro's today because of the pregnant looking bellies and lumpy oil filled muscles. It's not a size issue. If someone is 6' tall and weighed 330 pounds shredded, but kept a small waist and perfect proportions and no synthol, it probably would still have some aesthetics. It's just that the Growth hormone, Insulin, IGf1, synthol and 2000 mg and up testosterone stack adds muscle to the body in an unsightly way. That stack has literally created some true monsters. I still like to watch it because it is amazing, but it has gone past where I or most people with any sense of artistry, would want to look like. Take the GH, insulin, IGf1, 2000 mg test stack out of the game, and you'd see great physiques again with true muscle separation, striations, etc. Not just big shapeless blobs of muscle.

Yes Chem.

Arnold would be the antithesis of sloppiness, if anything. The bloated, distended gut look and labored breathing of today's guys would be utterly repugnent for Arnold to consider for himself. It was always said that Arnold was very neat, clean, dressed carefully, and was always bent on his presentation and to be able to impress whoever he may run into.

Walking around at 330 with a filthy water jug and dressed like a pinata and eating all day from a plastic container...no, I could never see him at that

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 03:45:54 PM »
yoru worng. maybe developing your body doesnt make YOU happy, but its one of the only things that make someon obsessed with bodybuilding happy.  onetimehard hits it on the head, as usual,  bodybuilding is much more than just making it to the gym on a consistant basis.

you proved many times you are just a clueless immature teen who has no idea of what life as an adult is, and again you're proving how stupid you are with this post.
You are obviously still virgin and may have never ever dated a woman for that matter or had a job and family life.

Stfu already.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 03:48:31 PM »
Fact is, getting "bigger", more muscular, doesnt make you happier. It may slighlty contributes to hapiness, like money and whiter teeth, but it doesn't make you happier in your everyday life, it doesn't teach you how to handle relationships with the others, only your parents and your brain can help you adapt and improve the quality of your life.

Strong and sane relationships help one to overcome his insecurities, not muscles, drugs or any other addictions.
I couldn't agree with you more. But believe me my goals in life have nothing to do with happiness. I don't want to be happy, its a selfish persuit and pointless one. Becoming stronger with a greater will is what I consider moiveing forward and I can obtain this through bodybuilding to some degree.

Moosejay

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2008, 03:49:57 PM »

Yes.

It is much more.

It is to be used as a vehicle for you to rise to another level or place in life.

In and of itself, getting bigger and bigger just for the sake of that alone, well, that's kind of like the stupid things you did at 18 are not so funny if you are still doing them when you are 40.  

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2008, 03:50:14 PM »
Not saying you, but you do realize that 99% of people that bash bodybuilding( espeacially in a bodybuilding forums) is because they couldn't cut it themselves. I am sure that what you stated above is true to some degree, but following facts remain in bodybuilding concerning bodybuilders charecteristics.... Extremely discipline, High tolerance for pain, Dedicated, Hard work ethics, Agression, passion, Organized, Consistency, Precision, basically a lot of key points that would seperate the Mens from the boys. On top of this you would also have artistic ability and vision. We are talking about a champion bodybuilder; enter the realm of his world and garunteed you wouldn't last a few days with such a narrow mind that you displayed with your post. Unhealthy and unnecasary, yes. But give credit where credit is do. The reality is Bodybuilders are soldiers, tuff as nails, and are bad mutha........ >:(

Hi Flex Wheeler!
HAHA, RON.....

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2008, 03:51:01 PM »
Weights contribute to most sports but no other sport contributes to BB.It is extremely hard on the body with Diet and Drugs it's a 24/7 type of sport and when you have to have some Genetics as well it's an all round Hard Fukin Gig.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2008, 03:52:23 PM »
you proved many times you are just a clueless immature teen who has no idea of what life as an adult is, and again you're proving how stupid you are with this post.
You are obviously still virgin and may have never ever dated a woman for that matter or had a job and family life.

Stfu already.
Why would you say he is still a virgin, argue your point- don't desrespect people. I have a family and if you are mature then bodybuilding shouldn't conflict with family.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2008, 03:53:10 PM »

Stfu already.
lol and who are you exactly ?  ;D  11 posts and you know all about me huh?  ;D
 flagada jones?    you sound like the kind of women who would want me anyways, so please stop frontin cuz your just makin a fool of yourself girl;

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2008, 03:54:26 PM »
I couldn't agree with you more. But believe me my goals in life have nothing to do with happiness. I don't want to be happy, its a selfish persuit and pointless one. Becoming stronger with a greater will is what I consider moiveing forward and I can obtain this through bodybuilding to some degree.
Learning how to access hapiness will allow you to teach the other how to do the same in their own lives, thus improving your own life and the others (loved ones) lives in return. You cannot teach or share what you don't know. You cannot be happy or make those you love happy if you do not know what is hapiness.

You may not have understand exactly how it works.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2008, 04:00:38 PM »
Learning how to access hapiness will allow you to teach the other how to do the same in their own lives, thus improving your own life and the others (loved ones) lives in return. You cannot teach or share what you don't know. You cannot be happy or make those you love happy if you do not know what is hapiness.

You may not have understand exactly how it works.
With all do respect HAPPINESS is for sissys, This is the excuse drug addicts give, "CRACK MAKES ME HAPPY". I can't want to be happy when there are people suffering all over the world. I much would rather live a life of sacrafices.

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2008, 04:02:12 PM »
With all do respect HAPPINESS is for sissys, This is the excuse drug addicts give, "CRACK MAKES ME HAPPY". I can't want to be happy when there are people suffering all over the world. I much would rather live a life of sacrafices.

yeah I guess it's more "manly" to be unhappy and frustrated, moron.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2008, 04:06:56 PM »
yeah I guess it's more "manly" to be unhappy and frustrated, moron.
Not more manly, but I am a moral man and I like to help people in need all ther time. If it take away from me then its worth it. Its called dignity, its called class. Please stop calling people names, its not nice. :)

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2008, 04:09:23 PM »
Speaking of bodybuilding....

Legends like he never die.