Author Topic: HANG ON SLOOPY, SLOOPY HANG ON!!! GO BUCKS  (Read 7182 times)

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
HANG ON SLOOPY, SLOOPY HANG ON!!! GO BUCKS
« on: May 11, 2008, 04:27:31 PM »
Buckeyes rise to No. 1 in updated Top 25

Spring practices have wrapped up, so it's time to take another look at the preseason top 25. Injuries, suspensions and dismissals littered the spring, but how did they affect the rankings? Well, to start things off, there's been a change at the top.

1. Ohio State Buckeyes
Raise your hand if you want to see the Buckeyes back in the BCS title game … didn't think so. But with an extraordinary number of juniors and seniors returning, Ohio State seems poised to become the first team in the 112-year history of the Big Ten to win three straight outright league titles. Even if the Buckeyes lose at USC on Sept. 13, they might end up playing in the BCS title game in Miami on Jan. 8.

2. Georgia Bulldogs
Georgia might be more explosive and talented than Ohio State, but the Bulldogs' schedule is much tougher. The Bulldogs play consecutive road games at South Carolina and Arizona State, then play at LSU and against Florida in Jacksonville. Throw in back-to-back home games against Alabama and Tennessee and a road game at Auburn, and it might be the toughest schedule in the country. If Georgia can navigate its way through the schedule with only one loss (or maybe two), Ohio State could be waiting for the Bulldogs in Miami.

3. Oklahoma Sooners
It's all about what's up front for the Sooners. Oklahoma has the country's top offensive line, led by Duke Robinson and Phil Loadholt, and one of the better defensive lines in the Big 12. With coach Bob Stoops switching to a no-huddle offense, the Sooners could be even more explosive than last season, when they led Division I-A with 80 touchdowns. Oklahoma doesn't have to play Missouri and gets Kansas and Texas Tech at home.

4. USC Trojans
Even after losing 10 players to the NFL draft, the Trojans still have future draft picks stacked up like cordwood. Quarterback Mark Sanchez might be better than the departed John David Booty, and Arkansas transfer Damian Williams will become a big-play threat at wide receiver. Trojans coaches believe Allen Bradford has a chance to become the next great USC tailback. The Trojans will be even better on defense than they were last season.

5. Florida Gators
Last year's 9-4 record was pretty humbling for the Gators, especially after they won the BCS title in coach Urban Meyer's second season in 2006. Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Tim Tebow won't be the only Gator running the football in 2008. USC transfer Emmanuel Moody and speedy freshman Chris Rainey will help alleviate some of the pressure on Tebow. Eight starters are back from what was a very young defense last season, and end Carlos Dunlap looks like a premier pass-rusher. The Gators play only one really tough road game: at Tennessee on Sept. 20.

F-MICHIGAN

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: HANG ON SLOOPY, SLOOPY HANG ON!!! GO BUCKS
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 04:37:18 PM »
i like snoop dog
Z

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 04:47:59 PM »
GO TROJANS :)

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 05:15:12 PM »
Notice who's not on that list?  ;D

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 05:23:49 PM »
HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHA

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 05:28:33 PM »
BTW, for anyone wondering what Big Mike's title means:

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 05:28:57 PM »
USC never gets any love in the pre-season rankings ::)

Don't worry though...we'll rearrange those placings early in the season, thank God bucks are on our hit list now  ;)

just not good enough

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 05:38:23 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=3388100

WAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAA BITCH-AGAIN DON'T EVEN MAKE THE TOP 25!!!!!!!!!

SO MUCH FOR THE "WINNINGEST PROGRAM IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL"  ::) ::) ::) ::)

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 06:46:06 PM »
Ohio State will get killed by USC. I'm not sure why my fellow Buckeyes don't realize this  :-\

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 06:47:59 PM »
Ohio State will get killed by USC. I'm not sure why my fellow Buckeyes don't realize this  :-\

Wow, easy on the Buckeye spirit there, slick ::)

How about we wait and see?

spach23

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 07:41:58 AM »
Hell yeah! Go Bucks!!

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 09:13:16 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=3388100

WAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAA BITCH-AGAIN DON'T EVEN MAKE THE TOP 25!!!!!!!!!

SO MUCH FOR THE "WINNINGEST PROGRAM IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL"  ::) ::) ::) ::)

It is really odd to me that you devote so much effort to hating Michigan.  I'm not much of a fan of any Big-Ten team, but this whole rivalry seems strange. 

Would you say that you're not so much an Ohio St fan as you are a Michigan hater? 
I'll never get the whole "hate the other team, sports are life" concept. 
Y

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 10:41:56 AM »
It is really odd to me that you devote so much effort to hating Michigan.  I'm not much of a fan of any Big-Ten team, but this whole rivalry seems strange. 

Would you say that you're not so much an Ohio St fan as you are a Michigan hater? 

STFU noob  ::) ::) ::) ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 11:03:23 AM »
Wait.... so Buckeyes enjoy getting BJs from female midgets and/or elementary school girls?

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2008, 11:43:46 AM »
13. Arizona State Sun Devils
The Sun Devils aren't standing pat after last year's surprising 10-3 record. Coach Dennis Erickson has installed more four- and five-receiver sets on offense and a lot more blitzes on defense. Erickson is counting on a few juco transfers to help his offensive line, which struggled to protect quarterback Rudy Carpenter and gave up a school-record 55 sacks last season.

FORK 'EM DEVILS!!  8)

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 11:45:35 AM »

USC is a corrupt program.  First Reggie Bush, now OJ Mayo...GO BUCKS!!!!

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 11:50:01 AM »
BTW, for anyone wondering what Big Mike's title means:

THAT GAVE ME FUCKING GOOSE BUMPS!!!!!  NOTHING LIKE FOOTBALL AT THE SHOE!!!!  GO BUCKS!!!!

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 11:54:44 AM »
USC is a corrupt program.  First Reggie Bush, now OJ Mayo...GO BUCKS!!!!

Yes, USC is the only program who does that stuff ::) Get real.

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 11:56:41 AM »
The Missouri Tigers will turn a lot of heads this year
Air Falcon

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 11:57:51 AM »

You wouldn't get it unless you are from Michigan or Ohio.  I had a neighbor that was from Detroit and hated everything about Ohio.  The Tribe, Cavs, Browns and Buckeyes.  It gave me so much joy to watch the Cavs kick the shit out of the Pistons last year and to watch OSU destroy Michigan. There is nothing better than to watch Michigan lose.  From the stupid helmets, to the nasty stadium, to their nasty fans....F-MICHIGAN!!!!

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 12:30:18 PM »
No one cares about OSU and Michigan besides you fags.  Keep this garbage on the sports board.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 06:35:31 PM »
You wouldn't get it unless you are from Michigan or Ohio.  I had a neighbor that was from Detroit and hated everything about Ohio.  The Tribe, Cavs, Browns and Buckeyes.  It gave me so much joy to watch the Cavs kick the shit out of the Pistons last year and to watch OSU destroy Michigan. There is nothing better than to watch Michigan lose.  From the stupid helmets, to the nasty stadium, to their nasty fans....F-MICHIGAN!!!!

Weird.  I guess if you have nothing else in life, hatred of a random university might make things seem worth it? 
If it helps you get through the day, I say go for it!
Y

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 06:58:18 PM »
Wow, easy on the Buckeye spirit there, slick ::)

How about we wait and see?

Let's wait and see? Like we waited for the last two national championship games? Tressel's high schools schemes are not good enough to defeat top competition :-[

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2008, 07:09:40 PM »
The hatred really stems from severe jealousy. Columbus really has nothing going for it except Football. It is a pretty depressing place. You will never find it on anyones list of best places in the United States to live or best College towns, Ann Arbor routinely makes these type of lists. By any standard, winning percentage or number of wins, MICHIGAN ranks as the Greatest college football program of all time. That is the truth! like it or not.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008, 07:12:37 PM »
Let's wait and see? Like we waited for the last two national championship games? Tressel's high schools schemes are not good enough to defeat top competition :-[

Please do us all a favor and stop calling yourself a Buckeye fan. Thanks.