Author Topic: Bench Type?  (Read 1892 times)

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
Bench Type?
« on: May 13, 2008, 03:27:36 PM »
About 2 months ago my gym recovered and padded the bench press benches.  The padding is alot softer than the old and I just can't seem to get a comfortable setup for heavy benching now.  My question is can differences in benches affect how you lift and how much you lift to any degree, or is this al maybe in my head and just need to suck it up and lift.  Any responces appreciated

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Re: Bench Type?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 03:35:15 PM »
why don't u just workout and see for yourself  ???
follow the arrows

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 02:35:26 PM »
About 2 months ago my gym recovered and padded the bench press benches.  The padding is alot softer than the old and I just can't seem to get a comfortable setup for heavy benching now.  My question is can differences in benches affect how you lift and how much you lift to any degree, or is this al maybe in my head and just need to suck it up and lift.  Any responces appreciated

yes.

The way to get past it if you are using a cheap, non competition bench is keep putting weight on the bar until you smash the squishy foam down, then it won't make a difference.   :P

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 02:56:00 PM »
yes.

The way to get past it if you are using a cheap, non competition bench is keep putting weight on the bar until you smash the squishy foam down, then it won't make a difference.   :P
Thanks.  I take that at being suck it up and just keep lifting heavy ;D

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 03:11:52 PM »
Thanks.  I take that at being suck it up and just keep lifting heavy ;D
yes.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 06:16:08 PM »
i will often reject a membership at a gym if the benches are too squishy. it throws off my setup.

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 04:50:15 AM »
i will often reject a membership at a gym if the benches are too squishy. it throws off my setup.
Yep this is the problem I'm having with the new padding.  Not I can do though except try to get use to it