Author Topic: If You want to ruin your fave bb's chances at victory...  (Read 1044 times)

Moosejay

If You want to ruin your fave bb's chances at victory...
« on: May 15, 2008, 06:20:34 AM »
...just do this:

I haven't judged for some years, now promote and no time dt business.

There was one show (actually more than a few) in which one class came down to two competitors who were in line for the top spot.

I mean...these guys were so closely matched, we, the judges, had a very hard time deciding who should take top honors.

Of course, the crowd at the prejudging saw this, and became raucous in their support of their favorite.

And this is great.

However...

One guy, who turned out to be the brother of one of the top two, sat right behind me, in back of 'judges row'.

He was screaming for his bro...I mean, blaring and carrying on.

Great.

Not so great when it is directly into my ear...like one of those air/blow horns.

I turned and, as I am always given to do, politely asked him to move away from me a bit. Disturbing my concentration. I even said for him to go closer, to the foot of the stage (Usually a no-no).

Well, he looked at me with a snarl in his lip, and yelled even louder, and some of his vitriol was now , I could tell, directed at me.

So.

I am a fair man.

When it came time to decide who I wanted for first (and, understand, both guys were pretty much identical...either would prove a very worthy winner)...who do you think I chose?

The yelling brother proved to be an extension on his competing brethren's character....deserved or not.

With a flick of my pencil...the non-related bb got my nod.

And he won the whole thing.

Moral: don't disturb the judges.

At least, not intentionally.

And, your screams and pleadings usually don't effect the outcome of a show.

A few other points designed to gain favor with the judges, especially if it is super close:

*Huge tattoos kill you...there is a guy who is a good bb around my way who has a 'papillon' tattoo of a huge butterfly over both pecs...so huge that you can't see his cuts or pecs. He kills his placings bc of this.

*Bad hair styles can lean the decision in the opposite direction, if it is close.

*Chewing gum on stage. I lean away from you when you do this...VERY stupid and distracting

*Staring down judges...I laugh at this

* When doing a front lat spread, PLEASE don't do that thing where you grasp the sides of your trunks and pull them up-looks horrible to the judges, and ...well...I don't know why you do this

So there it is

Moosejay approved :)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: If You want to ruin your fave bb's chances at victory...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 06:22:49 AM »
hows it going moosejay you little fucktoy?

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 06:23:10 AM »
You've told this story before, NooseJay ::)

Don't you have crosses you should be setting ablaze? ::)

Moosejay

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 06:25:20 AM »
You've told this story before, NooseJay ::)

Don't you have crosses you should be setting ablaze? ::)

No, I did not...unless I thought a post did not go through.

And, I am glad you are a fan of and learning from my postings.

May we all continue to improve the lot of mankind.

Moosejay

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 06:26:04 AM »
hows it going moosejay you little fucktoy?

Have some challenges to surmount, but kind of fun ones.

Since illness, have to rebuild businesses a bit, but I should be okay.

Thanks!

medz zeppelin

• Getbig IV
  • go west young man.......break bread in the new lan
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 06:26:44 AM »
...just do this:

I haven't judged for some years, now promote and no time dt business.

There was one show (actually more than a few) in which one class came down to two competitors who were in line for the top spot.

I mean...these guys were so closely matched, we, the judges, had a very hard time deciding who should take top honors.

Of course, the crowd at the prejudging saw this, and became raucous in their support of their favorite.

And this is great.

However...

One guy, who turned out to be the brother of one of the top two, sat right behind me, in back of 'judges row'.

He was screaming for his bro...I mean, blaring and carrying on.

Great.

Not so great when it is directly into my ear...like one of those air/blow horns.

I turned and, as I am always given to do, politely asked him to move away from me a bit. Disturbing my concentration. I even said for him to go closer, to the foot of the stage (Usually a no-no).

Well, he looked at me with a snarl in his lip, and yelled even louder, and some of his vitriol was now , I could tell, directed at me.

So.

I am a fair man.

When it came time to decide who I wanted for first (and, understand, both guys were pretty much identical...either would prove a very worthy winner)...who do you think I chose?

The yelling brother proved to be an extension on his competing brethren's character....deserved or not.

With a flick of my pencil...the non-related bb got my nod.

And he won the whole thing.

Moral: don't disturb the judges.

At least, not intentionally.

And, your screams and pleadings usually don't effect the outcome of a show.

A few other points designed to gain favor with the judges, especially if it is super close:

*Huge tattoos kill you...there is a guy who is a good bb around my way who has a 'papillon' tattoo of a huge butterfly over both pecs...so huge that you can't see his cuts or pecs. He kills his placings bc of this.

*Bad hair styles can lean the decision in the opposite direction, if it is close.

*Chewing gum on stage. I lean away from you when you do this...VERY stupid and distracting

*Staring down judges...I laugh at this

* When doing a front lat spread, PLEASE don't do that thing where you grasp the sides of your trunks and pull them up-looks horrible to the judges, and ...well...I don't know why you do this

So there it is

Moosejay approved :)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 06:27:25 AM »
Have some challenges to surmount, but kind of fun ones.

Since illness, have to rebuild businesses a bit, but I should be okay.

Thanks!

i hope your training is going well mate.

Moosejay

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 06:27:56 AM »
I have also had spectators who went on like that sitting near us...those I just let alone

Moosejay

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 06:29:56 AM »
i hope your training is going well mate.

My friend...it is the worst case of 'skinny-fat' I have ever had.

I usually walk around at 180...am currently 200 :P

Can't list for foreseeable future...one more ortho surgery to go...can't even bicycle (one of my main things!) for the summer.

Can do stationary bike...and am starting to try some new stuff withy diet

Really want the crisp feeling of good, unfettered health again. Give anything for this. Will get it!

Thanks Mars

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 06:38:38 AM »
200?  ??? Cmon Moose I saw you at the NYC Pro, maybe 200 is your goal?  ;D

Moosejay

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 06:39:33 AM »
200?  ??? Cmon Moose I saw you at the NYC Pro, maybe 200 is your goal?  ;D

Decieving...I usually walk at 200...I don't weigh, I may be higher, right now I can't help it :-\