Author Topic: Housing construction rose 8.2% in April  (Read 2162 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Housing construction rose 8.2% in April
« on: May 16, 2008, 09:52:44 AM »
Why?

I'm guessing labor is dirt cheap.  I know 5 people who worked in interior design or constrution, who lost their jobs in the last two months.  I'm guessing labor in that area comes dirt cheap now, for those who do want to build.

Toss in the new govt checks arriving for landowners to use to finally start building...

I've seen two homes start being built in the last 2 months in my 6-block area.  1/3 of the homes on the street are still for rent and sitting empty, but they keep building...

War-Horse

• Getbig V
Re: Housing construction rose 8.2% in April
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 06:51:44 PM »
Usually reported from building permits pulled.    Some investors see rentals as a good investment since people are losing their homes.   I believe its apartment buildings as that wil be a demand as homeowners try to sit out for awhile and repair credit.

The housing market will hit bottom in 6mo - a year.    The gas and food prices could hold it down longer as well as tightened credit standards.     BTW its interesting that the fed is giving banks billions but the banks cant release it for this reason.  Look for new scandals to come out of this.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 06:57:42 PM »

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 07:09:58 PM »
Look for new scandals to come out of this.

That's how lots of white folks make their money, yo. 

By continuing to overbuild, it makes things even tougher on the banks who are sitting on repos and on regular homeowners who need to sell for other reasons (job relocation, etc). 

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 07:20:42 PM »
That's how lots of white folks make their money, yo. 

As opposed to selling crack and having 5 kids by the time they are 13 to collect welfare?
E

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 07:23:36 PM »
As opposed to selling crack and having 5 kids by the time they are 13 to collect welfare?

We all can't be W.T.  ;)

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 07:28:34 PM »
We all can't be W.T.  ;)
Just seems a little funny talking about how "white folk" scam the system when 90% of black men are too lazy to get a job, hence the term "lazy ni$%#$" and seriously when is the last time you even saw a black woman with a job? Yet the liberal assholes give them money for popping out kid after kid and sitting around raising them to be crack dealers and murderers. I agree though, white trash are no good either, anyone who receives welfare is a drain on society and should be shot imo.
E

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 07:31:55 PM »
Just seems a little funny talking about how "white folk" scam the system when 90% of black men are too lazy to get a job, hence the term "lazy ni$%#$" and seriously when is the last time you even saw a black woman with a job? Yet the liberal assholes give them money for popping out kid after kid and sitting around raising them to be crack dealers and murderers. I agree though, white trash are no good either, anyone who receives welfare is a drain on society and should be shot imo.

It seems the black people cost the government an exorbitent amount of money...

when you consider welfare, police, housing, jails etc...
P

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 07:42:44 PM »
Chris rock the comedian said it right.   Theys be black nig@#s  and theys alot of white nig%$s too.

Welfare should be a temporary hand up....not a lifestyle for anyone.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 07:48:50 PM »
It seems the black people cost the government an exorbitent amount of money...

when you consider welfare, police, housing, jails etc...

It's unreal how a whole race can be so lazy as a whole. Sure there are lazy pos white assholes too. But the blacks in the US have the welfare system down to a science, a new kid every 9 months from the time they are like 14 or so. You never see a black dude working a manual labor type job, Mexicans work circles around their lazy asses. Not sure why Tre is even talking about white peoples scams when he knows damn well that black people in general scam the system their whole adult lives.
E

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 09:34:13 PM »
Yet the liberal assholes give them money for popping out kid after kid and sitting around raising them to be crack dealers and murderers. I agree though, white trash are no good either, anyone who receives welfare is a drain on society and should be shot imo.

Welfare isn't a drain on society - it helps to keep the decision-makers in power.  

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 11:03:49 PM »
Why?

I'm guessing labor is dirt cheap.  I know 5 people who worked in interior design or constrution, who lost their jobs in the last two months.  I'm guessing labor in that area comes dirt cheap now, for those who do want to build.

Toss in the new govt checks arriving for landowners to use to finally start building...

I've seen two homes start being built in the last 2 months in my 6-block area.  1/3 of the homes on the street are still for rent and sitting empty, but they keep building...

Yep, any good news is bad news if your party is out of power in an election year. Sounds about right.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 11:30:15 PM »
Do you know why housing construction shot up?

A lot of people started building apartment complexes this month.

Turns out, all the folks who are losing their home are moving into apartments, and builders see a huge trend.  They're meeting demand.  What will become of all those empty 250k homes?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 11:31:21 PM »
Yep, any good news is bad news if your party is out of power in an election year. Sounds about right.

you're politicizing an issue that doesn't need to be politicized.

You're an angry guy, huh?

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 11:37:31 PM »
you're politicizing an issue that doesn't need to be politicized.

You're an angry guy, huh?

Oh yeahhhhhh  So very Angry. Ever see Falling Down with Michael Douglas?  Could you be any more patronizing to someone who differs in opinon?  I doubt it.

D-FENSE!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 11:40:09 PM »
Oh yeahhhhhh  So very Angry. Ever see Falling Down with Michael Douglas?  Could you be any more patronizing to someone who differs in opinon?  I doubt it.

D-FENSE!!!

this thread is about how certains areas of the economy are recovering.

Nobody blamed any party.  Nobody said this was 'bad news' except you.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 11:42:05 PM »
Right, you have NO agenda.  Your posts speak for themselves.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 11:45:04 PM »
Right, you have NO agenda.  Your posts speak for themselves.

I like to talk about the good and bad that both parties do.

I'll readily admit that hilary should quit, as she's a liar and a poor loser.
I'll readily admit that obama is inexperienced, his wife is bad news, and I dont trust the guy as far as i could throw him.
I'll readily admit that mccain used to act like a liberal (open border, negotiate with hamas, no bush tax plan) then changed a lot of positions in early 2008 when he needed to win primaries - he is a flipflopper.

I just like to talk about politics.  I like to point out the good and bad.  Repubs have all the power in the war and the economy at the moment, so they are to blame for most conditions, yes.  If/when obama takes office, i'll be on his mistakes like flies on shit, pointing out every lobbyist influence and bad thing he does.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 11:47:31 PM »
I like to talk about the good and bad that both parties do.

I'll readily admit that hilary should quit, as she's a liar and a poor loser.
I'll readily admit that obama is inexperienced, his wife is bad news, and I dont trust the guy as far as i could throw him.

What the alcoholics call "A Moment of Clarity" as to the rest  . . . . Denial.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2008, 11:50:15 PM »
What the alcoholics call "A Moment of Clarity" as to the rest  . . . . Denial.

If you cannot admit your party has major flaws, you are dishonest.

If you cannot admit the flaws, you can never improve them.  It's like wearing pants because you have small calves.  Arnold cuts the pants off at the knee, admits to the world they suck, exposes his weakness, then he FIXES them.  He trains them. 

Repub party should do the same thing.  Bush should have THROWN OUT larry craig when he tried to fck a man in a public bathroom.  He would have give his party TONS of credibility and regained the moral high road the repubs USED to have.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2008, 12:12:27 AM »
If you cannot admit your party has major flaws, you are dishonest.

If you cannot admit the flaws, you can never improve them.  It's like wearing pants because you have small calves.  Arnold cuts the pants off at the knee, admits to the world they suck, exposes his weakness, then he FIXES them.  He trains them. 

Repub party should do the same thing.  Bush should have THROWN OUT larry craig when he tried to fck a man in a public bathroom.  He would have give his party TONS of credibility and regained the moral high road the repubs USED to have.

The major flaw my party has is when they act like Dems.  Larry Craig is a perfect example (can you say Barney Frank?)  Global warming Repubs are the worst.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2008, 05:53:41 AM »
The major flaw my party has is when they act like Dems.  Larry Craig is a perfect example (can you say Barney Frank?)  Global warming Repubs are the worst.

So all dems like to suck penises in airport restrooms?

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2008, 06:05:16 AM »
Do you know why housing construction shot up?

A lot of people started building apartment complexes this month.

Turns out, all the folks who are losing their home are moving into apartments, and builders see a huge trend.  They're meeting demand.  What will become of all those empty 250k homes?

I was talking to Alex23 on the phone last August-ish. I told him this exact thing, people losing their homes have to live somewhere. Apartments are going to make a big comeback imo. Any idiot with first and last months rent can rent an apartment, compare that to having to come up with 20% now for a mortgage and even then having to meet a few dozen other conditions to obtain a mortgage.
E

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2008, 07:06:20 AM »
good call danielson.  I can see people (who used to live above their means) living in apartments for a few years as they recover from credit hole that is foreclosure.

In your opinion, what happens to all those empty homes all over the country?  Do they sit empty til a big corporation buys them up at dirt cheap?

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2008, 07:25:15 AM »
good call danielson.  I can see people (who used to live above their means) living in apartments for a few years as they recover from credit hole that is foreclosure.

In your opinion, what happens to all those empty homes all over the country?  Do they sit empty til a big corporation buys them up at dirt cheap?

As far as what happens to them I think this is unprecedented, at least as far as sheer numbers go. It will be interesting to see. It is absolutely killing the values of other homes though. My homes value has went from a very stretched 369 in 2004 to maybe 220 now. So I owe 140ish more than it's worth, I am seriously considering a deed in lieu at this point, just get to get out of it. I know how to work the system though, I could buy another house for 250, save a ton of money on my mortgage, and have a much better house.  I feel bad for the people who feel like they are stuck, cuz they don't know of their options. Of course I have to time it well if I want to qualify for the new one, considering the Deed in lieu will fuck up my credit. But at what point do you say, ok my credit will take a hit, but I can have a nicer house, built in equity, and save 600 bucks a month. Funny thing is I am doing to for my clients, but haven't done it for myself yet. If I got into this mess, dealing with real estate every day, can you imagine what the people who just sign whatever their broker tells them to sign are dealing with right now?(of course I did re-fi it about a dozen times and got paid quite well on the yield, which is the only good thing that has come out of this money pit, but I am hurting now, it's a shitty feeling owing more than your house is worth man)
E