Author Topic: Why do most people accept Christ as their saviour?  (Read 8257 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Why do most people accept Christ as their saviour?
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2008, 10:35:14 AM »
Yes, I am loco.    ;D

But my Internet nick name has nothing to do with the truthfulness of what I posted above.

Besides, to the world, especially to people as yourself, all Christians will always be locos.      ;D

Si, es verdad....
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2008, 10:47:22 AM »
Si, es verdad....

;D

For our readers

"Si, es verdad" = Yes, it's true.

Deicide likes to speak in tongues and I'm one of his interpreters.    ;)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 09:01:20 PM »
;D

For our readers

"Si, es verdad" = Yes, it's true.

Deicide likes to speak in tongues and I'm one of his interpreters.    ;)

Deseo que podría hablar mejor español pero no es bastante importante que lo aprenda. Por lo menos personalmente; Sin embargo soy seguro que habría muchas más oportunidades profesionales abiertas a mí si estudié español. Pero no tengo gusto simplemente del sonido de la lengua.
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2008, 06:26:21 AM »
Deseo que podría hablar mejor español pero no es bastante importante que lo aprenda. Por lo menos personalmente; Sin embargo soy seguro que habría muchas más oportunidades profesionales abiertas a mí si estudié español. Pero no tengo gusto simplemente del sonido de la lengua.

I'm impressed!  You are doing very well with your Español, especially for someone who doesn't even care to learn it because he doesn't really like the sound of if.  You don't like the sound of it, even when a hot Latina is speaking it to you?

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2008, 06:30:34 AM »
I'm impressed!  You are doing very well with your Español, especially for someone who doesn't even care to learn it because he doesn't really like the sound of if.  You don't like the sound of it, even when a hot Latina is speaking it to you?

He is speaking in tongues. Ever since "Deicide" got saved, he has been full of the Holy Spirit.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2008, 06:33:19 AM »
He is speaking in tongues. Ever since "Deicide" got saved, he has been full of the Holy Spirit.

I see.  So he's Pentecostal now.    :)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2008, 06:44:47 AM »

No, Spanish sounds like the chattering of teeth, clack, clack, clack; however Latin American Spanish sounds infinitely better than Castillian Spanish, which is absolutely horrid.
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2008, 06:53:42 AM »
No, Spanish sounds like the chattering of teeth, clack, clack, clack; however Latin American Spanish sounds infinitely better than Castillian Spanish, which is absolutely horrid.

I agree.  Latin Americans find the sound of Castillian Spanish to be horrid too, while Castillian Spanish speakers argue that theirs is the "proper" Spanish.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2008, 07:24:29 AM »
I agree.  Latin Americans find the sound of Castillian Spanish to be horrid too, while Castillian Spanish speakers argue that theirs is the "proper" Spanish.

Similar a la relación entre el inglés inglés y americano británico, el español latinoamericano es en muchos aspectos más arcaico que el español de España. Podría comenzar a hablar técnicalamente en términos fonéticos pero eso confundiría solamente. Intentaré explicar un ejemplo simplemente. El sonido particular “c” ha cambiado en posiciones entre las vocales en español de Castillia mientras que ha conservado su valor original, más viejo en español latinoamericano. El ejemplo famoso es “Barcelona”. Sabe de lo que estoy hablando.
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2008, 07:43:53 AM »
Similar a la relación entre el inglés inglés y americano británico, el español latinoamericano es en muchos aspectos más arcaico que el español de España. Podría comenzar a hablar técnicalamente en términos fonéticos pero eso confundiría solamente. Intentaré explicar un ejemplo simplemente. El sonido particular “c” ha cambiado en posiciones entre las vocales en español de Castillia mientras que ha conservado su valor original, más viejo en español latinoamericano. El ejemplo famoso es “Barcelona”. Sabe de lo que estoy hablando.

Si, I know what you are talking about, though you know more about the technical stuff behind it than I do.  Latin Americans joke that in Spain, Superman is more like Zuperman...which in English would sound more like Thuperman.  In Spain, he has a Z on his chest.  It sounds as if they pronounce the "s" and "c" as "z" many times. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2008, 07:59:22 AM »
Si, I know what you are talking about, though you know more about the technical stuff behind it than I do.  Latin Americans joke that in Spain, Superman is more like Zuperman...which in English would sound more like Thuperman.  In Spain, he has a Z on his chest.  It sounds as if they pronounce the "s" and "c" as "z" many times. 

Word.
I hate the State.

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
  • The easiest person to deceive is one's own self
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2008, 01:57:09 AM »
I don't know why most people accept Christ as saviour, but I do know why I did:

Peace like nobody and nothing else can give

A new heart

The Holy Spirit

Fellowship with God

Eternal Life

Treasures in Heaven

My reason was never fear, and it shouldn't be.  I don't believe that most true Christians accept Jesus Christ as saviour out of fear.  I'm no fan of Joel Osteen, but his church, the largest protestant church in the US, is evidence that many Christians are not followers of Jesus Christ out of fear.  Joel Osteen does not preach on Hell or eternal punishment.  So fear is obviously not what Osteen is using to attract multitudes to Jesus Christ.

loco, at what stage in your life did you accept Christ as your saviour?

Was it a natural progression from religious beliefs instilled during your upbringing? A traumatic or life altering experience that you had? An epiphany? 

I don't think hell or eternal punishment has to be preached for even the most casual religious follower to understand that it comes with the choice. Of course fear isn't the the reason someone should be a Christian, but I think the fear of the alternative is a pretty good motivator for those without alot of true conviction.

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2008, 02:03:17 AM »
All of the above are reasons imo.  But I agree w/loco that most of the believers I know didn't accept Christ out of fear.

Other reasons could include feelings of a need for forgiveness and research into and acceptance of bible prophecy as valid which can result in accepting the bible as truth.
STella, at what point in your life did you become a Christian? Was there any particular incident, motivating factor or perhaps an influence that played a part in your choice?

Of course if it's personal you don't have to share, but I'm curious   :)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2008, 06:07:27 AM »
loco, at what stage in your life did you accept Christ as your saviour?

Was it a natural progression from religious beliefs instilled during your upbringing? A traumatic or life altering experience that you had? An epiphany? 

I don't think hell or eternal punishment has to be preached for even the most casual religious follower to understand that it comes with the choice. Of course fear isn't the the reason someone should be a Christian, but I think the fear of the alternative is a pretty good motivator for those without alot of true conviction.

I was at a stage in my life where everything was fine.  I was about 15 years old, had everything I ever needed and most of what I wanted.  Had already reached two major goals in my life. 

I would say it was in part a progression from reading the book of Proverbs and putting into practice what I was reading and learning, and observing the results in my own life.  It was in part a result of my parents' great example.  It was in part a result of watching my oldest brother change from night to day after accepting Christ as savior.  And finally, it was in part an epiphany.

Jesus himself warned people about hell, but he did not mention hell all the time or use it to scare people into accepting him.  Hell should not be used to scare people into accepting Christ, only as a warning.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2008, 09:55:00 AM »
STella, at what point in your life did you become a Christian? Was there any particular incident, motivating factor or perhaps an influence that played a part in your choice?

Of course if it's personal you don't have to share, but I'm curious   :)
I'm unsure if I had been saved at a young age but then fell away....or if it was when I clearly remember accepting Christ as Savior as an adult.  I'm pretty sure I didn't get saved until I was an adult because the change in my behavior and thinking was pretty dramatic after trusting Christ.

I eventually accepted Christ as Savior after becoming interested in end-time prophecy stuff.  I had never heard of "the 2nd Coming" (that I could remember) and it was extremely interesting to me.  After looking more into biblical prophecy-not only end times stuff but other things like how Jesus fits Messianic prophecies...His birth, life, death etc...- I came to accept the bible as true and Christ as Savior. 
R

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2008, 12:59:10 PM »
I eventually accepted Christ as Savior after becoming interested in end-time prophecy stuff.  I had never heard of "the 2nd Coming" (that I could remember) and it was extremely interesting to me. 

STella, do you feel that all the prophecies have been fulfilled and rapture could take place at any moment, or do you believe there are still some that have not yet taken place?

Count Grishnackh

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2008, 01:02:07 PM »
I was at a stage in my life where everything was fine.  I was about 15 years old, had everything I ever needed and most of what I wanted.  Had already reached two major goals in my life. 

I would say it was in part a progression from reading the book of Proverbs and putting into practice what I was reading and learning, and observing the results in my own life.  It was in part a result of my parents' great example.  It was in part a result of watching my oldest brother change from night to day after accepting Christ as savior.  And finally, it was in part an epiphany.

Jesus himself warned people about hell, but he did not mention hell all the time or use it to scare people into accepting him.  Hell should not be used to scare people into accepting Christ, only as a warning.

I'm unsure if I had been saved at a young age but then fell away....or if it was when I clearly remember accepting Christ as Savior as an adult.  I'm pretty sure I didn't get saved until I was an adult because the change in my behavior and thinking was pretty dramatic after trusting Christ.

I eventually accepted Christ as Savior after becoming interested in end-time prophecy stuff.  I had never heard of "the 2nd Coming" (that I could remember) and it was extremely interesting to me.  After looking more into biblical prophecy-not only end times stuff but other things like how Jesus fits Messianic prophecies...His birth, life, death etc...- I came to accept the bible as true and Christ as Savior. 

Thanks for sharing  :)  You two aren't the only Christians on the board are you?  ???  ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2008, 06:01:38 PM »
Biblical Christianity is not about accepting Christ and then dying.  Biblical Christianity is about accepting Christ and then living for Christ as long as possible so that one can spread the Gospel as much as possible and save as many souls as possible.  It's more about living for Christ than it is about dying for Christ.
excellent point

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2008, 07:00:02 PM »
excellent point

I thought Biblical Christianity was about this:

I hate the State.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2008, 10:25:45 AM »

STella, do you feel that all the prophecies have been fulfilled and rapture could take place at any moment,
Yes.

Count, have you ever thought about what your reaction/thoughts would be if the rapture occurred during your lifetime? 
R

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2008, 11:07:10 AM »
Yes.

Count, have you ever thought about what your reaction/thoughts would be if the rapture occurred during your lifetime? 

It will be blamed on UFOs, and the stage is now being set up for that:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=209460.msg2897755#msg2897755

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=209460.msg2898320#msg2898320

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2008, 03:41:46 PM »
Have you guys heard the theories of UFOs being not necessarily life from other planets but demonic?
R

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2008, 04:38:44 PM »
Have you guys heard the theories of UFOs being not necessarily life from other planets but demonic?
Do you have any related links to this subject; sounds interesting.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2008, 06:40:39 PM »

No, but doesn't this sound a lot like it?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=209460.msg2898320#msg2898320