Author Topic: Why do most people accept Christ as their saviour?  (Read 8252 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Why do most people accept Christ as their saviour?
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2008, 09:44:25 PM »
Well, first tell me what you mean by 'belief in god' and I will answer the the question. I pointed out how typical religion DOES conflict with science; if you are a deist, then I see no real conflict.
hahaha well thats a good question, i would consider myself a christian although some might not consider me one and i can see why some wouldnt b/c i can see a reasoning towards deism. But lets just say that i am a christian for all intents and purposes.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2008, 10:06:12 PM »
hahaha well thats a good question, i would consider myself a christian although some might not consider me one and i can see why some wouldnt b/c i can see a reasoning towards deism. But lets just say that i am a christian for all intents and purposes.

Well, I would say this is definitely in conflict with science:

I hate the State.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2008, 10:31:06 PM »
Well, I would say this is definitely in conflict with science:

lol you keep side stepping the issue bro...
first off thats a very literal view of the happenings of the bible...again pls explain to me how believing in evolution conflicts with believing in God?????????????

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2008, 05:46:26 AM »
lol you keep side stepping the issue bro...
first off thats a very literal view of the happenings of the bible...again pls explain to me how believing in evolution conflicts with believing in God?????????????

Literal? That is exactly what Christianity professes. Which god do you mean? Zeus? Apollo? Odin? Tyr? Dagda?
I hate the State.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2008, 08:59:11 AM »
Abiogenesis has nothing to do with evolution. You consistently fail to understand that.

Yes, it does. Something (or Someone) is responsible for the alleged 5-billion-year-old "goo" coming to be (if you believe in evolution, that is).

That's the reason you (and most other evolutionists) duck the question. Much like George Wald, you've come to a philosophical brick wall. You can't prove scientifically that "spontaneous generation" occured. Yet, you must BELIEVE that it did. Otherwise, you are forced to concede that a supernatural act is responsible for life on this planet.

Well, first tell me what you mean by 'belief in god' and I will answer the the question. I pointed out how typical religion DOES conflict with science; if you are a deist, then I see no real conflict.

Religion does NOT conflict with science. It only conflict with your materalistic/naturalistic slant on it. Science is simply the study of natural phenomena. You can do such with the premise that there is a God (as Creationists do). Or, you can do such with the premise that there is no God (as many evolutionists do).

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2008, 09:06:02 AM »
Literal? That is exactly what Christianity professes. Which god do you mean? Zeus? Apollo? Odin? Tyr? Dagda?
first off, christianity says your soul will "live" forever even if you dont accept Christ, so no
second, the evil force will still be there even if you accept Christ as your lord and savior, so no
third, have you ever heard of exaggeration or a skewed viewpoint...the bible is written and translated by MAN so there for it is not likely exactly how it was thousands of years ago
Fourth, what says that God didnt create Adam as a single celled organism and that God creating Eve by using one of Adams rib wasnt that cell's reproduction of itself???

Again you side stepped the issue!
Pls explain to me how believing in evolution conflicts believing in God?