Author Topic: US military apologises after soldier uses Koran for target practice in Iraq  (Read 1010 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
US soldier has been sent home after shooting at a copy of the Koran during target practice near a village outside Baghdad in an act that enraged local tribesmen and prompted the US military to issue an apology.

Iraqi police found the book riddled with bullet holes at a shooting range near to the village of Radwaniya a week ago. Graffiti had also been scrawled on the inside cover, a US military spokesman said today.

Colonel Bill Buckner described the incident as "serious and deeply troubling". An investigation was immediately launched.

"Coalition commanders have since briefed local leaders on the results of the investigation and expressed their deep regret,” the spokesman said in a statement. “They have also undertaken disciplinary action against the soldier who was involved and he has been removed from Iraq.”

Apologetic commanders visiting the village yesterday, however, were met by hundreds of protestors shouting: “Yes, yes to the Koran” and “America out, out”, according to CNN, which posted footage of the demonstration on its Web site.

I come before you here seeking your forgiveness," the commander was quoted as telling tribal leaders at an apology ceremony that was also filmed by the US television network. In the most humble manner I look in your eyes today and I say please forgive me and my soldiers."

Major-General Hammond also read from a letter of apology written by the soldier who fired the bullets. His name has not been released.

"I sincerely hope that my actions have not diminished the partnership that our two nations have developed together. My actions were shortsighted, very reckless and irresponsible, but in my heart [the actions] were not malicious."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Our enemies would never do something so disrespectful.  wait...

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Our enemies would never do something so disrespectful.  wait...

somebody's got to be the bigger man.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
Must be nice to know your enemy plays so nicely. 

I think by doing this the world will respect America more, no?

Piss on that Koran!  Use it for target practice and toilet paper.

TerminalPower

• Getbig III
somebody's got to be the bigger man.

"Bigger" is perception... killing is all these animal Muslim terrorists respect.   

War-Horse

• Getbig V
The leaders are visiting to apologize......shit only cuz they got caught.      Ill bet the koran makes use as toilet paper daily over there.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
i believe the commander also kissed a koran before handing back to an arab religious leader.

NT

He licked the Iraqi tribesmen's feet clean, I just didnt want to add those in there in case BB's or HH6's heads expolded, oh well, too late.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Bad move if it causes more problemns for us but if not...who cares. The Koran, Muhammed and the entire religion is a worthless, useless problem better soved by nuking the whole mess and pulling out. We kiss alot of ass over there but at the same time we're kicking the shit out of them.
L

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Bad move if it causes more problemns for us but if not...who cares. The Koran, Muhammed and the entire religion is a worthless, useless problem better soved by nuking the whole mess and pulling out. We kiss alot of ass over there but at the same time we're kicking the shit out of them.

I'm gonna save all your posts and mail them to the press. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Feel free....my own opinion and not the offical position of the DOD or US government. Besides...its still a free country until Barrack Hussein Obama gets in and tries to take it all away.
L

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V

Everytime  I stop to wonder why the US is stupid enough to continue the war in Iraq, HH6 has to type something like this and it makes everything clear again.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
better soved by nuking the whole mess and pulling out.

Some people believe you start a war with Iran, the gulf gets shut down for a month or three, and you have massive problems here from lack of oil.

Is this a legit worry, or just CTers being dramatic?  I'm being serious here.  If we hit them, would oil output from the region be halted?  Would it mean gas is suddenly $40 a gallon and we stop getting food to our stores?  That's my biggest worry.  If you want to cook strategic targets, go for it.  But would it stop oil flow, and if so, would it crash things here, already in a recession?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Bidare..it would be the best solution...its not remotely feasoble..but if the rags all disappeared we'd all be better off. 240 if we attacked Iran the straights would be closed. They would mine it with whats left of their Navy. Gas would go through the roof and countries like China would face huge problems...atacking Iran is not feasible. Undermining their government is.
L

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
Some people believe you start a war with Iran, the gulf gets shut down for a month or three, and you have massive problems here from lack of oil.

Is this a legit worry, or just CTers being dramatic?  I'm being serious here.  If we hit them, would oil output from the region be halted?  Would it mean gas is suddenly $40 a gallon and we stop getting food to our stores?  That's my biggest worry.  If you want to cook strategic targets, go for it.  But would it stop oil flow, and if so, would it crash things here, already in a recession?

You might as well ask a baboon your questions. Definitely get a better thought out answer from the baboon.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Bidare..it would be the best solution...its not remotely feasoble..but if the rags all disappeared we'd all be better off. 240 if we attacked Iran the straights would be closed. They would mine it with whats left of their Navy. Gas would go through the roof and countries like China would face huge problems...atacking Iran is not feasible. Undermining their government is.

thanks makes some sense.  when people scream "bomb iran!" they often don't think about what that will mean to their lives here.