Author Topic: Vic's Signed contract to do the Olympia? Does he have to do it know no matter?  (Read 1942 times)

jason armstrong

• Getbig IV
  • Riverview Trailer Park St Louis MO
Bob can probably answer this best.
If Vic decides not to do the O, how does he get out of the contract?

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
shouldnt be a problem for vic since he has a legit excuse.

now im sure if lee priest had a legit excuse, he would get another suspension

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
I'm sure there is a clause for injuries

jason armstrong

• Getbig IV
That's the thing he's healed and back training.
If he can't get in the shape he needs and wants to back out how does he do it with a signed contract?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
That's the thing he's healed and back training.
If he can't get in the shape he needs and wants to back out how does he do it with a signed contract?

if he's healed and back training then I think he has a contractual obligation to compete , unless he gets attacked by the Flex Wheeler Ninjas

JohnnyVegas

I'm sure there is a clause for injuries

Does not matter if there is a clause for injuries or not-an unplanned injury would be a full and complete defense to competing.

jason armstrong

• Getbig IV
if he's healed and back training then I think he has a contractual obligation to compete , unless he gets attacked by the Flex Wheeler Ninjas
yes i was thinking of the same thing ....guys with a signed contract have to come up with some kind of excuse...i think vic is smarter than that...i heard he is doing well and way ahead of schedule on the recoup....he believes he can...

vic's had knee problems for years now so training his legs super heavy is out of his realm anyway.
they are one of his best bodyparts too or were...guess we'll see come oct.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
people pull out all the time.

Not the most effective method of birth control, but what are you going to do...

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV

I saw that coming. Clever  ;D

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
at the ny pro chick said vic is goin to try an do the O   ::)

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
Me and my crew got some plans for Vic, just wait.
MIRAGETROPIN

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN

Worked for me for years..... ;)
HAHA, RON.....

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
TEAM MARTINEZ BABY!!!
Z

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
I think I have a copy of the old olympia contract that Lee Priest posted here a few years back.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
I wonder if Roneth will get a phonecall about this.

Anyway, here are two pages of it (click to enlarge).  I cannot be bothered to post it all.  Check out the last clause on the first page, awesome.  Real "I want your soul" material.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Bob can probably answer this best.
If Vic decides not to do the O, how does he get out of the contract?

Obviously, Vic wants to maintain the ability to enter should he feel he's ready...that's why he sent the contract in.

In the old days, under different leadership (Wayne)...he would have been taken to task if he eventually does not do the Olympia...fined and suspended.

I'm sure if he feels he can't make the stage due to the injury, he would give as much advanced notice as he can.

No...he will not be "forced" to compete.

Stavios

Obviously, Vic wants to maintain the ability to enter should he feel he's ready...that's why he sent the contract in.

In the old days, under different leadership (Wayne)...he would have been taken to task if he eventually does not do the Olympia...fined and suspended.

I'm sure if he feels he can't make the stage due to the injury, he would give as much advanced notice as he can.

No...he will not be "forced" to compete.

do you personally think he should sit out of this one Bob ?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
do you personally think he should sit out of this one Bob ?

Yes...but only Victor knows where he is at the moment. On the outside looking in, I would say wait until the Arnold...too many guys you don't want placing ahead of you on the chance he shows up less than 100%...don't want to give up hard earned ground.

crg

• Getbig II
I have seen Vic training at gold's in nyc and he is looking very big and training hard

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
I wonder if Roneth will get a phonecall about this.

Anyway, here are two pages of it (click to enlarge).  I cannot be bothered to post it all.  Check out the last clause on the first page, awesome.  Real "I want your soul" material.

It is amazign that anyone would sign any document like this for any reason...The recording industry has contracts like this where essentially a person signs away all of their rights to their image, profits, privacy, etc etc. Seems a shame considering this is a low paying sport where there is not much to gain except maybe kidney failure, heart attacks and death. It is a short career of which there is little public attention and concern and most of all LOW MONETARY GAIN...I don't get it.

Anyway, I believe Vic signed this contract in the rare case that he IS able to compete in the Olympia he will be able to go. Should he not sign the contract even if he was in GREAT shape come the Olympia show, he would not be allowed to enter. So...
C

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
It is amazign that anyone would sign any document like this for any reason...The recording industry has contracts like this where essentially a person signs away all of their rights to their image, profits, privacy, etc etc. Seems a shame considering this is a low paying sport where there is not much to gain except maybe kidney failure, heart attacks and death. It is a short career of which there is little public attention and concern and most of all LOW MONETARY GAIN...I don't get it.

Anyway, I believe Vic signed this contract in the rare case that he IS able to compete in the Olympia he will be able to go. Should he not sign the contract even if he was in GREAT shape come the Olympia show, he would not be allowed to enter. So...

They wouldn't have a contract like that if they hadn't manufactured a scenario in which people have to sign to follow their dreams.