Author Topic: Barack Obama on Guns  (Read 584 times)

Eldon

• Getbig III
Barack Obama on Guns
« on: May 19, 2008, 08:46:05 AM »

http://www.fortliberty.org/blog/barack-obama-on-guns.html

Barack Obama on Guns

When the Independent Voters of Illinois (IVI) asked Barack Obama if he supported a “ban [on] the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns” — he responded “yes.”

On the Illinois State Legislative National Political Awareness Test, Obama wrote that he wanted to “ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.”

Barack also personally told John Lott “I don’t believe that people should be able to own guns.”

In addition to all of these statements, Obama served as a board member for the Joyce Foundation, a virulently anti-freedom organization which funds front groups such as the Violence Policy Center (VPC) and Handgun Free America.

The Obama campaign is currently attempting to “spin” Obama’s previous statements to make him more acceptable to American voters. This involves both denying past statements and making new statements which directly conflict with past statements. Where I come from, we have a very clear term for such shenanigans: lying.

If Obama is elected, which Obama will rule as President? The Barack who has believed all his life that only the government should possess the right to self-defense, or the new Barack that his campaign has invented over the course of the last few months? Which Barack do you believe?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Barack Obama on Guns
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 09:22:03 AM »
He's a gungrabber.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 05:41:25 AM »

http://www.fortliberty.org/blog/barack-obama-on-guns.html

Barack Obama on Guns

When the Independent Voters of Illinois (IVI) asked Barack Obama if he supported a “ban [on] the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns” — he responded “yes.”

On the Illinois State Legislative National Political Awareness Test, Obama wrote that he wanted to “ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.”

Barack also personally told John Lott “I don’t believe that people should be able to own guns.”

In addition to all of these statements, Obama served as a board member for the Joyce Foundation, a virulently anti-freedom organization which funds front groups such as the Violence Policy Center (VPC) and Handgun Free America.

The Obama campaign is currently attempting to “spin” Obama’s previous statements to make him more acceptable to American voters. This involves both denying past statements and making new statements which directly conflict with past statements. Where I come from, we have a very clear term for such shenanigans: lying.

If Obama is elected, which Obama will rule as President? The Barack who has believed all his life that only the government should possess the right to self-defense, or the new Barack that his campaign has invented over the course of the last few months? Which Barack do you believe?

We had a long thread on exactly this topic, which morphed into a general 2A debate:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=210445.0

Obama is anti 2A period, and both his words and voting records, etc prove that. That he's now trying to BS people with some new found support for the 2A in an attempt to grab a few additional votes is pitiful, but par for the course with such people. I'm sure his dislike for guns will never extend itself to his personal protection, which makes him the classic and usual anti gun hypocritical liberal type.  ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 02:18:04 PM »
I think this will really hurt him in the general election if McCain brings it up.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 02:23:04 PM »
I can't vote for the guy now.