Author Topic: Explain this to me.. HUGE Muscular guy struggling with a 135 pounds bench.  (Read 4685 times)

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
I shit you not. Was at my gym on Satirday and this black dude, who was around my height (5'10") and appeared to be about 230-240 pounds of SLABS of muscle, including 21" arms, 55" chest, 30" thighs... Anyways, I'm doing the pec dec and he's sitting across from me at the bench press. He loads a 45 on each side. I'm figuring this is his very light warmup. Anyways, he lies down, struggles with 5-6 reps and puts the weight back on the rack...

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

davidpaul

• Getbig V
maybe he doesnt like to train chest?

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
Dude has a chest like Arnold. How the fuck did he get that large (muscular), while pushing sissy weights?

JohnnyVegas

all drugs

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
I shit you not. Was at my gym on Satirday and this black dude, who was around my height (5'10") and appeared to be about 230-240 pounds of SLABS of muscle, including 21" arms, 55" chest, 30" thighs... Anyways, I'm doing the pec dec and he's sitting across from me at the bench press. He loads a 45 on each side. I'm figuring this is his very light warmup. Anyways, he lies down, struggles with 5-6 reps and puts the weight back on the rack...

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

Why didn't you ask him why he was struggling when you were measuring his thighs? 

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Could be possible if that was the last exercise in his routine and he already went through 20 sets of other chest exercises.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
Dude has a chest like Arnold. How the fuck did he get that large (muscular), while pushing sissy weights?

what did he smell like?

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
OR maybe he's recovering from an injury?

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
Are you sure his "SLABS of muscle" weren't strips of fat?

m8

• Getbig V
Synthol.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
Could be possible if that was the last exercise in his routine and he already went through 20 sets of other chest exercises.

there was previous exercises?
tank u jesus

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN

Exactly.
HAHA, RON.....

Boost

• Getbig V
Mind Muslce connection. dont need a tonne of weight to grow. He could make 135 feel like 400

davidpaul

• Getbig V
Mind Muslce connection. dont need a tonne of weight to grow. He could make 135 feel like 400

Exactly, just like bruce lee said.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
Exactly, just like bruce lee said.

If you focus on the weight, you miss all the heavenly glory.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
i think u maybe taking that concept a bit too far.
follow the arrows

davidpaul

• Getbig V
If you focus on the weight, you miss all the heavenly glory.

Don't think, feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeel.

Moosejay

Yes...and sounds like shoulder injury, perhaps

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
Didn't nasser have trouble with 225?  :D

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
Didn't nasser have trouble with 225?  :D

hahahaha....yeah, fcuking Nasser could only completed a weakling 17reps in that contest, while other guys were doing reps in the ranges close to 65 reps

leaky_frog

• Getbig III
When I was in high school, we had guys who weighed 180-220 who could barely move 160.  I was a skinny runt (5'10", 140 lbs), but was doing reps with 225.  Strong doesn't always = muscular.

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
Maybe injuries. I see a guy in the gym big dude that can press 225 easily behind the neck but 135 is impossible to the front.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Maybe he is like those dudes who can't piss with other guys in the bathroom, only he can't lift heavy with you learing at him like a piece of meat.
E

peroni

• Getbig III

You don't know what he did before that. He may have been fatigued beyond belief from heavier sets and/or different exercises

burn2live

• Getbig IV

First thing I thought