Author Topic: 1999 Mr Olympia  (Read 24345 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: 1999 Mr Olympia
« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2008, 01:34:23 AM »
Meanwhile Colemans owns haney and yates.

meanwhile trolls can't stick to the topic , for a reason  ;)

pumpster troll

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2008, 01:35:44 AM »
So true ! 1998 Ronnie's conditioning was clearly superior

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2008, 01:57:01 AM »
Meanwhile Colemans owns haney and yates.

Yeah, sure! But I'd rather look like Haney at the end of his career than like Ronnie at the end of his. And Yates nowadays looks pretty good. Coleman is just another obese person to add to the statistics.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2008, 03:44:40 AM »
So true ! 1998 Ronnie's conditioning was clearly superior

yeah, you have shown so much evidence to show this.. ::)

idiot.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2008, 03:46:27 AM »
Ronnie could've picked 99 as his career highlight , guess what he didn't! no one thinks 99 is his best showing NO ONE with the exception of a few fan-boys and McGough tells you exactly what Ronnie's best showing is in his article and I'll give you a hint , it ain't fuckin 1999 lol  ;)

Hulkster M.O. make ignorant gerneralazations , followed by ad hominen attacks begging for anyone to agree with him , couple that with weak arguments from ad populum and you have a very frustrated fan-boy .

lol I love how you call eyewitness testimony (including from Ronnie himself) backed by tons of corroborating visual evidence "weak arguments" ::)

you are sad.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #130 on: May 21, 2008, 03:47:09 AM »
ND cannot admit when he is wrong because he is a narcissist

that is the nature of Narcissists
they have a false sense of superiority

ND being totally owned by hulkster

ND - give it up, your lack of knowledge about BB is laughable

Great post! :P
Flower Boy Ran Away

bizzy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2008, 11:18:55 AM »
Unfortunately for us that were not there we rely on video, pictures,
and other people's opinion who were there.

I'm not saying Ronnie was in better condition in 1999 but I do think
it's the best overall package he ever brought to stage which I'll explain later.

A couple of people who were at both 1998-99 Olympias.

Natural Mr. Olympia - John Hansen
When Ronnie won his first Mr. Olympia contest in 1998, it was one of the most exciting victories in the sport's history. His biceps, back and chest are absolutely incredible and nearly everyone agrees that he owns the Rear Double Biceps pose in this sport. Many people in the sport have also talked about the fact that Ronnie Coleman may be the best Mr. Olympia ever!
Last year, Ronnie was about ten pounds heavier and he was just as ripped as when he won the contest the first time in 1998.

Musclemag International 1999 Mr. Olympia Review By Johnny Fitness
Ronnie was gargantuan, herculean, and every adjective in between.
He was ripped, sharper than last year, and filled with a champions confidence.

Even Peter McGough states 1999 as the next year after 1993 that the sport advanced.

I think the conditions were very close between both years but the big difference was
the extra quality muscle Ronnie carried in 1999. I think the differences in condition are
miniscule at best.

(All of this is not to say I think Ronnie was OVERALL less defined in 99.)
My reasons for 1999 being his best are very similar to why most would chose
a less defined Arnold in 1974 over a more defined 1975 version.
Same thing for a pre-contest 1993 Yates against the 257 he brought to stage.

1999 for me is the 1st and only time that Ronnie truly filled out his frame without
losing asthetics or definition; plus his gyno was very slight in 99 compared to 98.

I do believe you are a real individual NI but unfortunately around here you never know
when someone will use a gimmick account to influence others on their opinion.
Peace! Biz!

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2008, 12:20:04 PM »
Bald and black.
If  had you not mentioned that ...I would have never noticed ...Good job.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2008, 12:25:05 PM »
ND cannot admit when he is wrong because he is a narcissist

that is the nature of Narcissists
they have a false sense of superiority

ND being totally owned by hulkster

ND - give it up, your lack of knowledge about BB is laughable

BINGO. False sense of superiority most definitely, it's hilarious. Nature of narcissists, check. Laughable "knowledge" of BB, check.

Keeping true to ND's spirit of hijacking other's threads lol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: May 21, 2008, 12:40:03 PM »
you know i wasn't going to respond to you because you're just so wrong on many points but i know for a fact ronnie was harder and dryer in 98 because i was actually there in ny and i was there in lv in 99 , i was three rows out at both contests and ronnie was in better condition in 98 , and pictures mean nothing compared to being there live and in person

and the general conensus was ronnie was the winner hands down and flex shouldn't have beat chris , but its funny to watch you speak with some type of authority on the topic when you never even seen ronnie in real life

i went to every olympia from 93 to 03 and the best ronnie ever look in a o was 98

Great post ! Hulkster getting his ass kicked by yet another eyewitness lol

Hulkster = owned

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2008, 12:44:32 PM »
yeah, you have shown so much evidence to show this.. ::)

idiot.

I have pictures , video , and eye witness testimony from everyone including the man in question . again Hulkster there is a reason 2001 is considered his best showing and its NOT because he was bigger than 1999  ;)

no one but internet-fan boys think 1999 Olympia is his best

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2008, 12:45:53 PM »

no one but internet-fan boys think 1999 Olympia is his best

U seem to be on more BB sites than most, making you internet fan-nerd #1 lol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2008, 12:47:13 PM »
U seem to be on more BB sites than most, making you internet fan-nerd #1 lol

stick to the topic troll  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2008, 12:49:00 PM »
BINGO. False sense of superiority most definitely, it's hilarious. Nature of narcissists, check. Laughable "knowledge" of BB, check.

Keeping true to ND's spirit of hijacking other's threads lol

pumpy responding to his own gimmick lol see pathetic

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2008, 12:51:34 PM »
pumpy responding to his own gimmick lol see pathetic

Epic deflection.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2008, 12:53:37 PM »
Epic deflection.

epic sticking to the topic lol

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2008, 01:00:28 PM »
  Suppose that you had a Ferrari and decided to upgrade it's engine even more, but at the cost of tonning down it's design. Well, in this case the Ferrari would be just another fast car and would lose that which makes it superior to other fast cars. There are tons of fast cars, like Lamborghinis, Buggatis, etc, but what sets the Ferrari apart is it's design.

This is analogous to what happens to Ronnie when he comes in heavier and with more muscle. He becomes just another big guy, and loses that which sets hims apart from the other guys, his incredible muscle drefinition, striations and vascularity. Saying that Ronnie was better in 1999 than 1998 is just absurd. Hulkster, I love Ronnie too, but don't try to claim that he can have the cake(muscle size) and eat it too(muscle quality) by claiming that he was better in 1999 than 1998 because it is just stupid.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2008, 01:05:48 PM »
  Suppose that you had a Ferrari and decided to upgrade it's engine even more, but at the cost of tonning down it's design. Well, in this case the Ferrari would be just another fast car and would lose that which makes it superior to other fast cars. There are tons of fast cars, like Lamborghinis, Buggatis, etc, but what sets the Ferrari apart is it's design.

This is analogous to what happens to Ronnie when he comes in heavier and with more muscle. He becomes just another big guy, and loses that which sets hims apart from the other guys, his incredible muscle drefinition, striations and vascularity. Saying that Ronnie was better in 1999 than 1998 is just absurd. Hulkster, I love Ronnie too, but don't try to claim that he can have the cake(muscle size) and eat it too(muscle quality) by claiming that he was better in 1999 than 1998 because it is just stupid.

The funny part is he doesn't claim that he's almost the same no like all of his ignorant posts he's a step beyond lol he's not comparable in terms of condition he's in fact harder & drier than 98 lol which is just plain absurd , there is more than a noticeable difference between the two years the man himself admits this

if 99 Ronnie was better conditioned or even bare minimum equally dry & hard in 98 this would be his best showing ever and its NOT , now one considers this to be his best showing for a good reason and that reason is...................... ........his muscle density and dryness are NOT on par with 1998 or 2001

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2008, 07:01:40 PM »
Unfortunately for us that were not there we rely on video, pictures,
and other people's opinion who were there.

I'm not saying Ronnie was in better condition in 1999 but I do think
it's the best overall package he ever brought to stage which I'll explain later.

A couple of people who were at both 1998-99 Olympias.

Natural Mr. Olympia - John Hansen
When Ronnie won his first Mr. Olympia contest in 1998, it was one of the most exciting victories in the sport's history. His biceps, back and chest are absolutely incredible and nearly everyone agrees that he owns the Rear Double Biceps pose in this sport. Many people in the sport have also talked about the fact that Ronnie Coleman may be the best Mr. Olympia ever!
Last year, Ronnie was about ten pounds heavier and he was just as ripped as when he won the contest the first time in 1998.

Musclemag International 1999 Mr. Olympia Review By Johnny Fitness
Ronnie was gargantuan, herculean, and every adjective in between.
He was ripped, sharper than last year, and filled with a champions confidence.

Even Peter McGough states 1999 as the next year after 1993 that the sport advanced.

I think the conditions were very close between both years but the big difference was
the extra quality muscle Ronnie carried in 1999. I think the differences in condition are
miniscule at best.

(All of this is not to say I think Ronnie was OVERALL less defined in 99.)
My reasons for 1999 being his best are very similar to why most would chose
a less defined Arnold in 1974 over a more defined 1975 version.
Same thing for a pre-contest 1993 Yates against the 257 he brought to stage.

1999 for me is the 1st and only time that Ronnie truly filled out his frame without
losing asthetics or definition; plus his gyno was very slight in 99 compared to 98.

I do believe you are a real individual NI but unfortunately around here you never know
when someone will use a gimmick account to influence others on their opinion.
Peace! Biz!

ND take note of the bold face eye witness testimony.

and don't forget to include Ronnie's statements shortly after the winning olympia.

a few of you are saying its 'absurd' to say that Ronnie was in better shape in 99 than in 98?

well, if its so absurd, tell me why Ronnie himself and others have said this, and we have pics and videos (lots of them) to CORROBORATE IT.

answer please.

what is truly absurd is you dismissing an argument that has both eyewitness testiomy and tons of visual proof for an argument that has no proof and only a few contrary eyewitness testimony.

you just don't get it.

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2008, 07:06:47 PM »
This is analogous to what happens to Ronnie when he comes in heavier and with more muscle. He becomes just another big guy, and loses that which sets hims apart from the other guys, his incredible muscle drefinition, striations and vascularity. Saying that Ronnie was better in 1999 than 1998 is just absurd

yeah, look how absurd it is.. ::)

jesus you are turning into ND..
 :-\

there is a good reason why Ronnie said he was 'a little bit sharper' in 1999:

and this is it blind people:
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2008, 07:14:58 PM »
honestly, you guys are being stupid:

99 owning 98..

oh wait, its 'absurd' saying he was sharper in 99..

please.. ::)

we are not dumb and not blind

sorry.

how you guys can look at the endless comparisons between the two contests, read the eyewitness testimony saying Ronnie was sharper in 99, and then laugh it off as 'absurd' is truly amazing.. ::)

then again, you are the same people arguing that dorian was better than Ronnie, so I guess nothing should surprise us.. :-\
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2008, 07:22:28 PM »
Ronnie was razor sharp in 99, in fact like the man himself said, he was 'a little bit sharper" than in 98..

:P

ND, just because you don't like what Ronnie said does not mean it wasn't true.

sorry.

he said it, we all can show it, you have to deal with it.

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2008, 07:29:03 PM »
if 99 Ronnie was better conditioned or even bare minimum equally dry & hard in 98 this would be his best showing ever and its NOT , now one considers this to be his best showing for a good reason and that reason is..

wrong. many people actually do consider 99 Ronnie to be his best overall showing.

you just ignore it all like everything else that shows how much of an idiot you are:

http://www.musclemecca.com/showthread.php/99-coleman-everyone-else-4268.html?s=4c3811862e202846a2d45b96bd66e231&t=4268

read and learn kid.
Flower Boy Ran Away

bizzy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #148 on: May 21, 2008, 08:36:02 PM »
wrong. many people actually do consider 99 Ronnie to be his best overall showing.

you just ignore it all like everything else that shows how much of an idiot you are:

http://www.musclemecca.com/showthread.php/99-coleman-everyone-else-4268.html?s=4c3811862e202846a2d45b96bd66e231&t=4268

read and learn kid.

There are more people than people think that believe 1999 was his best.

Comments from youtube about Ronnie @ the 1999 Olympia.
The + signs indicate the number of people taking the time to agree with the comment.

boy...ronnie looked perfect during this time.. +7
No one will ever achieve such a physique!This is natural phenomenon! +7
99olympia was Ronnie's best shape in his career. +7
this was the best performance by the best bodybuilder ever... if he could have kept this form he could easily have beaten jay cutler the last 2 years +7
Best shape ever from RON +6
IMO, this is simplest the greatest physique ever presented onstage. his conditioning is unreal. +4
best physique ever presented. enough said +2
Coleman at is Best!! +13
Out of all the Olympias Ronnie won he was in his best condition. He still held the mass as well on top of it +2
RONNIES BEST +3
The BEST Olympia performance to date!
I never seen that kind of mass with such insanely deep cuts in my life. I thought he looked good in 2003....boy was I wrong. Wow....I'm almost speechless but yea...no one will ever look this good again. The combination of dense hard rock full ripped muscle on every inch of his body is just insane. +4
1999 was one of his best years. Ok he was 10-30lbs lighter, but sharp as a knife. +12
1999 truly was his best knife, so sharp and shredded that he indeed was beyond unbeatable that year, and no bloated gut. he just went overboard with mass in his later days. +3
wow. just wow. absolutely unreal. i used to think 2003 was his best year, but here, man, he is the greatest ever. +1
This was ronnies best year .. look at the great seperations and size .. just amazing + 1

Some comments from the site Hulkster was reffering to. This was several months ago so I'm
sure there are more now but here are a few.

1. In my mind ,thats Ronnies best ever shape. 1999
2. i agree.. that was a great physique alright...
3. the 99 RC is the best physique to ever step onstage
4. 99= Ronnies best ever
5. Thank you! I thought i was the only one who liked the 99' Coleman over the 03' one.
6. I agree with you FLEX 99 he looked the best IMO.
7. That physique is untouchable
8. 99 better than 03, untoucable
9. Ronnie's best ever
10. theres not a soul on this planet that could beat his shape in 99
11. nothings gonna beat his physique from the 1999 O.
12. 99-the best ever ronnie
13. 99 Ronnie Coleman... thge greatest EVER!!! COLEMAN 1999>ANYBODY!!!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: May 22, 2008, 01:28:04 AM »

ND take note of the bold face eye witness testimony.

and don't forget to include Ronnie's statements shortly after the winning olympia.

a few of you are saying its 'absurd' to say that Ronnie was in better shape in 99 than in 98?

well, if its so absurd, tell me why Ronnie himself and others have said this, and we have pics and videos (lots of them) to CORROBORATE IT.

answer please.

what is truly absurd is you dismissing an argument that has both eyewitness testiomy and tons of visual proof for an argument that has no proof and only a few contrary eyewitness testimony.

you just don't get it.

It doesn't matter if Ronnie did say it after the fact he could've been caught up in the moment etc what matters is he said in 2007 that his best Olympia was 1998 because his conditioning was spot-on , again NO ONE ( not fans I'm talking established professionals ) thinks 1999 is his best showing , no one . 2001 is his best showing because he's harder & drier

I love how you glossed right over this post

you know i wasn't going to respond to you because you're just so wrong on many points but i know for a fact ronnie was harder and dryer in 98 because i was actually there in ny and i was there in lv in 99 , i was three rows out at both contests and ronnie was in better condition in 98 , and pictures mean nothing compared to being there live and in person

another eyewitness crushing your fan-boy dreams and his statements echo Ronnie's , McGoughs , Perines , etc so you may have pics & videos but you weren't there and did you see the part where he typed ' pictures mean nothing compared to being there live and in person ' lol you're fucking owned yet again by someone who was actually there

Hulkster = internet-fan-boy