Author Topic: Buffett says he prefers a Democrat for president  (Read 603 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Buffett says he prefers a Democrat for president
« on: May 19, 2008, 06:08:03 PM »
Not that Warren knows a dam thing but:

FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) - Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said Monday he would be happy if either Barack Obama or Hillary Rodham Clinton were the Democratic nominee because both have what it takes to be president.
Buffett, who dubbed himself "a political bigamist," explained that he told both candidates that they would have his support when they were deciding to run for president. Buffett was in Frankfurt as part of a European tour to check out possible acquisitions for Omaha, Nebraska- based Berkshire Hathaway Inc., of which he is chairman and chief executive.

"I told both Hillary and Barack I'd support them, and I'd be equally happy if either of them were the nominee," he said. "Barack appears to have the nomination."

As for Republican John McCain, Buffett described him as a "first-class human being. I think he's admirable. I don't agree with him as much as I agree with Barack. I think the U.S. will do well over time whether the president becomes Barack or John McCain."

He said the presidency was not unlike running a business.

"They say in the stock market, 'Buy into a business that's doing so well an idiot could run it, because sooner or later, one will,'" Buffett said. "The U.S. is sort of like that. I think the country will do fine whether it's the Democratic or Republican candidate, but I strongly prefer the Democrats."
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D90OSFE01&show_article=1

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Buffett says he prefers a Democrat for president
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 06:47:26 PM »
Not that Warren knows a dam thing but:

He does know how to earn $62 billion.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: Buffett says he prefers a Democrat for president