Author Topic: An argument against "slow-go cardio"  (Read 5435 times)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: An argument against "slow-go cardio"
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2008, 09:24:08 AM »
lol man. believe it or not but i went from about 265 at 5 10 and ver very fat.. most likely high than 30%..down to around 10 %.. took two years ... and as i was dieting downt he last time i thought i had al the extra skin too. you just gotta get leaner, it tighten up dude trust me.   probably still looks like you got love handles and a pounch above the belt line righ? its cuz you have got sooooo many fat cells, you literally got to be so much leaner than any body else to get that definiton bro.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2008, 09:28:04 AM »
Slow-go cardio?  To each its own.  If it works for you, then do it.

Shouldn't this topic be in the Training Q&A board anyway?   :)

Whether or not you believe that Skip Lacour is natural, few bodybuilders natural or not have achieved the level of condition that Skip achieved for the 2002 Team Universe Championship, and he used 16 minute, high intensity cardio, or Max-OT cardio.  That was after years of trying long duration cardio training, and Skip said short, high intensity cardio worked much better for him.

Max-OT Cardio
http://www.ast-ss.com/articles/article.asp?AID=97

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2008, 09:50:46 AM »
lol man. believe it or not but i went from about 265 at 5 10 and ver very fat.. most likely high than 30%..down to around 10 %.. took two years ... and as i was dieting downt he last time i thought i had al the extra skin too. you just gotta get leaner, it tighten up dude trust me.   probably still looks like you got love handles and a pounch above the belt line righ? its cuz you have got sooooo many fat cells, you literally got to be so much leaner than any body else to get that definiton bro.

Candi, you're a young guy.  At least I hope you are if you're still living with your parents.  But being a young guy, means your skin's elasticity is extremely high, and you can lose weight and gain weight and your skin won't look any different.

I'm guessing that FromFatToLiving is quite a bit older, and he was fat for so long, that his skin is permanently stretched.  If you don't believe me, then go look up a Richard Simmons success story on Oprah or something on YouTube, and you'll see all these formerly obese people that have lose hundreds of pounds, and their skin looks like a baggy sweat suit!  And unfortunately for them, the ONLY thing to tighten that skin is surgery.

That's why it's SO IMPORTANT to get lean at as young an age as possible and maintain it.

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2008, 12:31:34 PM »
As far as Max-OT goes.....What is the best time to perform this type of cardio?  A.M.?  Post-Workout?  Whenever?
Air Falcon

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2008, 12:36:45 PM »
As far as Max-OT goes.....What is the best time to perform this type of cardio?  A.M.?  Post-Workout?  Whenever?

Skip Lacour and Jeff Willet, who put Max-OT cardio to the test, would tell you that any time is good as long as you separate your weight training and your cardio by at least 8 hours so that they do not interfere with each other when it comes to your body's recovery.  High Intensity Cardio such as Max-OT cardio is brutal and you will need to properly recover afterwards.  Same goes for weight training, if you are training hard.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2008, 11:21:26 AM »
Skip Lacour and Jeff Willet, who put Max-OT cardio to the test, would tell you that any time is good as long as you separate your weight training and your cardio by at least 8 hours so that they do not interfere with each other when it comes to your body's recovery.  High Intensity Cardio such as Max-OT cardio is brutal and you will need to properly recover afterwards.  Same goes for weight training, if you are training hard.

gee only 8 hours?

that's the entire day...
tank u jesus

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2008, 12:21:34 PM »
gee only 8 hours?

that's the entire day...

An entire day has 24 hours.  Do one in the morning, the other in the evening, 8 hours later.  Or better yet, do high intensity cardio on the days that you don't lift.  If you are lifting hard and eating right, you only need to do high intensity cardio twice a week.  Pre-contest, you will have to add one or two sessions as the competition gets closer.