Author Topic: Obama and your lifestyle.  (Read 1781 times)

Eldon

• Getbig III
Obama and your lifestyle.
« on: May 20, 2008, 07:19:45 PM »
Obama and your lifestyle.

Lock up your SUV, and turn off your AC   :o

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Obama and your lifestyle.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 07:21:07 PM »
Don't forget not to eat as much or anyting you want.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 07:24:06 PM »
and pay 25% capital gains tax

Change people that is what it's about

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 07:29:58 PM »
and pay 25% capital gains tax

Change people that is what it's about

Now is that on everyone or just people earning over 200k?

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 07:33:12 PM »
Now is that on everyone or just people earning over 200k?

everyone !

as Charles Gibson on ABC reported, "over 100 million Americans own stock"  and Obama wants to raise capital gains to 25 % (from 15%)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 07:35:07 PM »
Don't forget not to eat as much or anyting you want.

Obama is against fat people? I can get down with that tbh.
E

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 08:01:28 PM »
Is he really wrong about the SUV thing? Gas approaching $4 a gallon everywhere is starting to slow Americans down a bit, but everytime I get on the expressway, there are still plenty of people there. Go to Europe sometime, count how many SUV's you see. Now count how many are in your neighborhood, probably about the same. What sucks down more gas, the Chevy Tahoe for a family of 3, or the Foreign made compact for a family of 5? We as Americans do have to step up and start cutting the fat. Days of $1.50 gas and cheap groceries are over. We have to scale back, get back on course and go from there. I don't post on the political board much, because you guys would all seem to know your sh$t, so I just read, but it is becoming my favorite one.

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 08:10:02 PM »
Is he really wrong about the SUV thing? Gas approaching $4 a gallon everywhere is starting to slow Americans down a bit, but everytime I get on the expressway, there are still plenty of people there. Go to Europe sometime, count how many SUV's you see. Now count how many are in your neighborhood, probably about the same. What sucks down more gas, the Chevy Tahoe for a family of 3, or the Foreign made compact for a family of 5? We as Americans do have to step up and start cutting the fat. Days of $1.50 gas and cheap groceries are over. We have to scale back, get back on course and go from there. I don't post on the political board much, because you guys would all seem to know your sh$t, so I just read, but it is becoming my favorite one.

The problem is they fly around in their private jets,  giving speeches about how the rest of us need to ride our bicycle to work  ::)

And how it is bad for you to have the AC in your 2000 square foot home set on cold, yet it is OK for them to have their Ac set on cold in their mansion(s)

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 08:17:29 PM »

The problem is they fly around in their private jets,  giving speeches about how the rest of us need to ride our bicycle to work  ::)

Yep, that is true. But, with people in power it usually is,"do as I say, not as I do". And that goes for republicans and democrats. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't each do something. I would be interested to see the sales percentage of SUV's by the end of the year compared to a few years ago. I bet a lot of people are going to think twice about buying them just because of the price of gas.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 09:35:34 PM »
ya but if you can afford it or dont mind paying it and you want an suv or truck then why not? Ill be honest I dont have a wife or kids but if i did I would want them in a truck b/c of the safety aspect, I drive a truck and while gas does suck right now I car pull with friends when we go out and try not to drive as much, ppl are always going to want trucks and suv's its part of our culture as a country.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 11:29:11 PM »
ya but if you can afford it or dont mind paying it and you want an suv or truck then why not? Ill be honest I dont have a wife or kids but if i did I would want them in a truck b/c of the safety aspect, I drive a truck and while gas does suck right now I car pull with friends when we go out and try not to drive as much, ppl are always going to want trucks and suv's its part of our culture as a country.

I agree. 

This kind of stuff will really hurt him in the general.