Author Topic: Article: Reflections on 20 years in the "biz"  (Read 4023 times)

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
Article: Reflections on 20 years in the "biz"
« on: May 21, 2008, 06:43:25 AM »
Gang. Recently, I was reflecting on the number of well known figures in the industry I’ve known or met over the years, and it struck me that it might make a fun article.

I’ve been in the “biz” a long time now, and it occurred to me that I’ve probably met just about every major figure in the industry at one time or another. 

the well known such as Arnold "the Governator," The Guru, Mr. Body For Life, Rambo, and others I have had some interesting experiences with over the years  are covered. Take a short trip down memory lane with me... see:

http://www.brinkzone.com/articledetails.php?aid=120&acatid=3

- Will @ Brinkzone.com

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Article: Reflections on 20 years in the "biz"
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 09:01:21 AM »
nice read will.
F

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 09:04:03 AM »
nice read will.

Thanx, much appreciated. Hoped it would make a fun read and a view  from "inside" the industry of a sorts. ;)

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 06:24:04 PM »
Great stuff Will!

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 06:27:37 PM »
Fun reading. Finding Schwarzenegger by himself seems rare, he was inevitably surrounded by dispirate side-kicks and sycophants. Good to hear a personal story of a positive nature involving him, as he could and can be either charming and gracious or arrogant, depending on context.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 05:38:18 AM »

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 05:39:35 AM »
Fun reading. Finding Schwarzenegger by himself seems rare, he was inevitably surrounded by dispirate side-kicks and sycophants. Good to hear a personal story of a positive nature involving him, as he could and can be either charming and gracious or arrogant, depending on context.

My experiences with him were always good personally. People I have known who dod know him pretty well, have always spoken highly of him BTW.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 10:30:41 AM »
My experiences with him were always good personally. People I have known who dod know him pretty well, have always spoken highly of him BTW.

That's encouraging, because seeing him backstage at the universe in the 70s he didn't seem so friendly & he has quite the history as a lout with women. 15 women can't all be wrong.

Which goes to show that he's complex with multiple sides, can go in either direction. I think he's different with those he knows and respects, and in contexts where he knows he has to be seen as nice. I have no doubt that he's a most lively and interesting person when he wants to be, and one of the most charming people on the planet.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 07:50:17 AM »
That's encouraging, because seeing him backstage at the universe in the 70s he didn't seem so friendly & he has quite the history as a lout with women. 15 women can't all be wrong.

Which goes to show that he's complex with multiple sides, can go in either direction. I think he's different with those he knows and respects, and in contexts where he knows he has to be seen as nice. I have no doubt that he's a most lively and interesting person when he wants to be, and one of the most charming people on the planet.

Like all people, he's a complex person with different sides. I can only give a report from the side(s) I have seen.

www.BrinkZone.com

• Getbig III
  • This Thing On?
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 04:13:03 PM »
nice read will.

Now with 50% less calories!  ::)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!