Author Topic: First shot  (Read 3821 times)

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
First shot
« on: May 21, 2008, 12:05:15 PM »
I just did my first shot of Test(Cyp) 5 min ago. How long can i expect the TEST to start working?

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
Re: First shot
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 12:06:47 PM »
keep on shooting for about 4 weeks and then come back and tell us what is happening. long ester gear takes a little longer to kick in, but you will feel it.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 12:47:57 PM »
All steroids start working immediately. Now how long til you can really measure the progress... that's a different question.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 02:15:44 PM »
I just did my first shot of Test(Cyp) 5 min ago. How long can i expect the TEST to start working?
If it's human grade you'll feel it a lot faster then most UG test...at least that's how it is these days since most UG gear is shit.

If you're a first time user, it may be a good 4wks before you notice anything, but if you're someone who's used a handfull of times, you'll notice the effects a lot faster...give it time.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 02:17:06 PM »
Pretty much what AJ said.  I can feel HG test working the day I inject it.  Now, that doesn't equat to massive gains and huge increase in lifts in the gym the first day.  But I can definitely feel it, usually vivid dreams and libido increase follow shortly after a week or so.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 02:35:22 PM »
Pretty much what AJ said.  I can feel HG test working the day I inject it.  Now, that doesn't equat to massive gains and huge increase in lifts in the gym the first day.  But I can definitely feel it, usually vivid dreams and libido increase follow shortly after a week or so.
vivid dreams are a result of aas?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 02:37:11 PM »
If you guys are feeling test cyp in the first few days then its simply a placebo effect.  Things do not change that fast in the body.  Your muscles grew bigger and stronger in a few days on a tiny dose that would be available up to that point?  kinda like Incredable Hulk muscles i guess  :-\

I agree with what Vet has been saying about placebo being very strong indeed.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 03:40:13 PM »
No one said anything about muscle changes at all, i said in fact that does not occur.  But I can feel the hormones in my system the first couple of days, easy.  I was pretty clear that my strength and body comp did not change obviously.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 03:49:50 PM »
the day after i did my first shto i swear i felt more self confident and just had a much better over all sense of well being.

and i am not one for the placebo effect. i always wait and see what th effects of a drug are one me.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 03:57:42 PM »
the day after i did my first shto i swear i felt more self confident and just had a much better over all sense of well being.

and i am not one for the placebo effect. i always wait and see what th effects of a drug are one me.

Of course, because you knew you are now "on cycle". There is power in just knowing what powerful hormones you are embarking on, so therefore you felt like it was working already. That is a true definition of placebo effect.

I remember when I first had to go on HRT. I got my tube of cream, applied on my forearms in the parking lot, went to the gym to train back and was lifting way more than I was the week prior. All placebo....but I swore it was because I just applied the test an hour ago! LOL!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 04:01:08 PM »
no dude i dont allow these placebo effects to occur.   :)

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 04:23:06 PM »
Placebo is the strongest drug known to mankind.   ;)

I will say, when I started HRT, I felt a difference within about 3-4 days.  Now, at that time I had very, very low testosteron levels, so I wasn't going to supraphysiological levels, but rather just returning to normal.  I'll also admit I was scared shitless of the whole HRT idea becuase as far as I'm concerned in my mind I'm no longer "drug free" in terms of powerlifting.  I didn't want the drugs to work fast, I was strong already and there was a stupid little voice in the back of my mind telling me I was cheating. 

The first effects were really psychological (and I really think this is what people are feeling when they are "kicking in" with supraphysiological doses of hormones)---it wasn't that I was physically stronger, but I mentally could focus.  That translated into differences in the gym.  This change in psyche also could be a source of percieved differences in appearance.  Think about the ugly chick who thinks she's beautiful.  Its a similar phenomena.   You think you are seeing/feeling/having a difference and as a result you are and you will.   

Its going to take days to weeks for you to see real changes (this includes fluid retention).  Even with drugs, the body needs time to build new muscle tissue.  It can't happen overnight. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 04:24:36 PM »
no dude i dont allow these placebo effects to occur.   :)
Lmao.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2008, 04:30:10 PM »
Placebo is the strongest drug known to mankind.   ;)

I will say, when I started HRT, I felt a difference within about 3-4 days.  Now, at that time I had very, very low testosteron levels, so I wasn't going to supraphysiological levels, but rather just returning to normal.  I'll also admit I was scared shitless of the whole HRT idea becuase as far as I'm concerned in my mind I'm no longer "drug free" in terms of powerlifting.  I didn't want the drugs to work fast, I was strong already and there was a stupid little voice in the back of my mind telling me I was cheating. 

The first effects were really psychological (and I really think this is what people are feeling when they are "kicking in" with supraphysiological doses of hormones)---it wasn't that I was physically stronger, but I mentally could focus.  That translated into differences in the gym.  This change in psyche also could be a source of percieved differences in appearance.  Think about the ugly chick who thinks she's beautiful.  Its a similar phenomena.   You think you are seeing/feeling/having a difference and as a result you are and you will.   

Its going to take days to weeks for you to see real changes (this includes fluid retention).  Even with drugs, the body needs time to build new muscle tissue.  It can't happen overnight. 

Whoa...this is way too weird, you and I had near idendictal situations and thoughts on the matter.

My test was at 100 when I first started HRT and I competed naturally in BB for years. When I first started that cream, I was almost ashamed. But besides what was going to happen physically, I too started to feel much better mentallhy right away. No more "brain fog", lathargy, etc...

With all that said, I am a true believer in placebo effect.  8)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 04:34:51 PM »
okay. sure. i agree. it takes time fror physical changes to manifest. bot  psychological ones..?  inject some heroin and tell me how long it takes you to feel that difference.  :D

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 04:37:55 PM »
Whoa...this is way too weird, you and I had near idendictal situations and thoughts on the matter.

My test was at 100 when I first started HRT and I competed naturally in BB for years. When I first started that cream, I was almost ashamed. But besides what was going to happen physically, I too started to feel much better mentallhy right away. No more "brain fog", lathargy, etc...

With all that said, I am a true believer in placebo effect.  8)

Yeah, it was mental first, then it became physical.  I had been drug free (other than OTC stuff---which I think is a whole other topic and thread and the dangers of some of that shit and its effects on the HPT axis) except for insulin, which I have to take because of my diabetes and albuterol I took for asthasma when I was younger.  After about 6 weeks I noticed I could feel the muscles working again.  It was weird.  I'd trained heavy as a powerlifter for years and I wasn't feeling things the way I am now.  I just kept pushing the weights.   I've been on HRT for almost 8 weeks now (test levels were still low last blood work two weeks ago), so the doses are going up again.  

All that said, again, I've tried to objectively measure what I'm doing in the gym.  On an absolute max weight, I'm not significantly stronger, I'm setting PR's at about the same pace as I was before.

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 04:39:50 PM »
okay. sure. i agree. it takes time fror physical changes to manifest. bot  psychological ones..?  inject some heroin and tell me how long it takes you to feel that difference.  :D

Different drug, different receptors.  its not a good comparison in my mind.    The closest thing I can come up with is how long does it take your girlfriend to become a psycho bitch after getting a depoprovera injection, and even thats a bit of a stretch.   Unfortunately thats the only realistic exmaple I can think of off the top of my head right now 

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 04:44:45 PM »
yeah your right bad comparison but psycho actives work once they reach the brain... so i think that once youve got some extra test floating in your blood at that moment, no later, youll start to get the feel good effects of it

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2008, 07:07:59 PM »
If you guys are feeling test cyp in the first few days then its simply a placebo effect.  Things do not change that fast in the body.  Your muscles grew bigger and stronger in a few days on a tiny dose that would be available up to that point?  kinda like Incredable Hulk muscles i guess  :-\

I agree with what Vet has been saying about placebo being very strong indeed.
I agree with what Emmortal is saying...this is the same kind of thing I meant...especailly the part in red:

No one said anything about muscle changes at all, i said in fact that does not occur.  But I can feel the hormones in my system the first couple of days, easy.  I was pretty clear that my strength and body comp did not change obviously.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2008, 07:14:55 PM »
My delt is fuckin sore as shit....

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2008, 07:53:19 PM »
My delt is fuckin sore as shit....

Welcome.  ;)

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2008, 11:06:51 PM »
yeah your right bad comparison but psycho actives work once they reach the brain... so i think that once youve got some extra test floating in your blood at that moment, no later, youll start to get the feel good effects of it

To a degree, the thing is there are different types of opoid receptors located primarily within the nervous tissue where they have a virtually immediate effect, while there is essentially one type of testosterone receptor in multiple tissues in the body where that hormone doesn't directly have an effect but stimulates other effects. Thats why there is a delayed response with testosterone effects.   Not only that but you aren't taking test IV, you are injecting it IM, so there will be a difference in absorption rates.   

Anyway, its more or less a bunch of academic bullshit and really doesn't matter that much as far as the general topics of this board go and I'm probably splitting hairs over it anyway. 

Sorry. 

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2008, 04:11:53 AM »

To a degree, the thing is there are different types of opoid receptors located primarily within the nervous tissue where they have a virtually immediate effect, while there is essentially one type of testosterone receptor in multiple tissues in the body where that hormone doesn't directly have an effect but stimulates other effects. Thats why there is a delayed response with testosterone effects.   Not only that but you aren't taking test IV, you are injecting it IM, so there will be a difference in absorption rates.   

Anyway, its more or less a bunch of academic bullshit and really doesn't matter that much as far as the general topics of this board go and I'm probably splitting hairs over it anyway. 

Sorry. 

No Vet what the board needs more of is academic stuff.  More facts less speculation.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2008, 09:06:55 AM »

Sorry. 
so what your saying is testosterone itself doesn have any psycho active properties...but it does set off a sort of chain reaction that causes the psych change ?

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2008, 11:49:02 AM »

Sorry. 

We're all here to share our knowledge and to learn from one another, so don't ever be sorry for sharing what you know.  I'm like a sponge and love learning new shit every day. Keep it up!