Author Topic: Two things happened in Iraq last week.  (Read 3523 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Two things happened in Iraq last week.
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2008, 11:40:39 PM »
Does make you think though, there are undoubtedly tons of stories like this but a marine shooting the karan is what gets the medias attention

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2008, 12:29:40 AM »
Good for her. It's rare to see such commitment in the youth of today.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2008, 03:52:10 AM »
Good for her. It's rare to see such commitment in the youth of today.

haha ouch :-X
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2008, 04:10:23 AM »
Nordic, I may be in sunny manchester for a Friday night out with the chaps soon, and I was just wondering if you could recommend any good bars/clubs?

Also, is there anywhere we should avoid i.e. places that are popular with blicks and people that wear baseball caps?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2008, 06:50:00 AM »
No, the media fails in doing their job because they only present one side. The bad side. Are you going to try and tell me nothing good has came from this??

Of course there are good things that have come from this.  Unfortunately it's in the dark shadow of the many bad things.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2008, 07:19:54 AM »
Nordic, I may be in sunny manchester for a Friday night out with the chaps soon, and I was just wondering if you could recommend any good bars/clubs?

Also, is there anywhere we should avoid i.e. places that are popular with blicks and people that wear baseball caps?

I'd recommend starting in the Printworks then maybe go down to the bars in Deansgate to see some top totty.

As for a club... just following where all the punani is going :D

But... why a friday? Saturday nights rock in Manchester.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2008, 07:34:26 AM »
Money says that baby was injured in a suicide bombing or mortar attack from insurgents. Where's your proof Americans did that?

You work for the "Zionist" media?

That's cool though. You're trying to justify AQI strapping explosives to an 8 year old. I understand. Anything to get back at the Americans. Maybe they'll start lobbing baby hand grenades at the Americans next. I'm sure you would find a reason for that to be ok.
What do you care who killed that child?  But for the illegal US invasion, there would be no insurgency with a glut of suicide bombers.

You seem to have a congenital inability to look at any other side of a problem but your own.  You seem to think that gives you license to make inflated claims to belittle any person with an opposing viewpoint. 

That's why it looks like you lay out these elaborate concoctions aimed at me such as: "Zionist" media, justify AQI strapping explosives to an 8 year old, or that I'm ok with lobbing hand grenades at americans.

Are you over age 18?

Does your self-esteem suffer?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2008, 07:36:22 AM »
No, the media fails in doing their job because they only present one side. The bad side. Are you going to try and tell me nothing good has came from this??
Don't ask me.  Ask the 4000+ dead americans and 100,000+ dead Iraqis if they feel something good has come of this.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2008, 08:25:51 AM »
What do you care who killed that child?  But for the illegal US invasion, there would be no insurgency with a glut of suicide bombers.

You seem to have a congenital inability to look at any other side of a problem but your own.  You seem to think that gives you license to make inflated claims to belittle any person with an opposing viewpoint. 

That's why it looks like you lay out these elaborate concoctions aimed at me such as: "Zionist" media, justify AQI strapping explosives to an 8 year old, or that I'm ok with lobbing hand grenades at americans.

Are you over age 18?

Does your self-esteem suffer?

PLS explain the Illegal invasion? also im pretty sure there were suicide bombers before the u.s. got there, dont you think its better that they blow themselves up over there than over here?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2008, 08:29:15 AM »
PLS explain the Illegal invasion? also im pretty sure there were suicide bombers before the u.s. got there, dont you think its better that they blow themselves up over there than over here?

Decker believes that all beheadings, suicide bombings, mass executions and every other atrocity committed by Muslims across the globe are a result of the US.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2008, 08:30:53 AM »
The middle east, in my opinion should be engaged with negotiations.  That's the best way really...and cheapest.

The invasion is illegal b/c GW Bush was operating under the authority of UN Resolution 1441 which required the authorization of the UN Security Council prior to initiating any military exercise of power.

Bush did not get that authorization.  That's the easiest explanation.

Then there is 'War of Aggression' war crime charge.  Pres. Bush ordered the military to attack Iraq for not disarming its WMDs even though up until the time of invasion, WMD inspectors were on the ground in Iraq doing exhaustive unimpeded inspections...AND FINDING NOTHING.

So in essence Bush attacked Iraq for not disarming even though it was disarmed.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2008, 08:32:07 AM »
Decker believes that all beheadings, suicide bombings, mass executions and every other atrocity committed by Muslims across the globe are a result of the US.
See, this is what I'm talking about.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2008, 08:47:53 AM »
hey decker how about these countries?

Albania, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Mongolia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Thailand, Tonga, United Kingdom and Ukraine

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2008, 08:54:04 AM »

joe, the media does sell the MIDDLE.

You think one dead kid is the 'bad side'?

holy shit dude, if MSN and CNN really wanted to show the ugly side of war, they'd show the piles of bodies and mangled kids.  They occasionally show a 'recovering' child feelgood story, but if you honestly believe we're seeing the worst of the bad side, you don't know much about war :(

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2008, 08:56:57 AM »
The middle east, in my opinion should be engaged with negotiations.  That's the best way really...and cheapest.

The invasion is illegal b/c GW Bush was operating under the authority of UN Resolution 1441 which required the authorization of the UN Security Council prior to initiating any military exercise of power.

Bush did not get that authorization.  That's the easiest explanation.

Then there is 'War of Aggression' war crime charge.  Pres. Bush ordered the military to attack Iraq for not disarming its WMDs even though up until the time of invasion, WMD inspectors were on the ground in Iraq doing exhaustive unimpeded inspections...AND FINDING NOTHING.

So in essence Bush attacked Iraq for not disarming even though it was disarmed.
thats fine when you are dealing with a government that has control over its constituents, you really think that these terrorist are going to enter into a dialouge with somebody? seriously? hahahaha. If he did go to war without UN approval and they werent going to give it dont you think that the UN would take action against the US and bush?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2008, 09:00:38 AM »

Albania, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Mongolia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Thailand, Tonga, United Kingdom and Ukraine

Good question.  Did all of these countries commit war crimes by participating in the invasion of Iraq?   

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2008, 09:22:16 AM »
Only the US, UK, Poland, Australia and Denmark participated in the invasion.

The others were part of the coalition provisional authority that operated under a UN resolution.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2008, 09:23:29 AM »

Those are countries indeed.  But I am a resident of the US.  The US was the leader calling the shots and paying for the invasion.  The Coalition of the Willing was 2 Haitians with a rake.  (is that Carlin?)

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2008, 09:24:21 AM »
thats fine when you are dealing with a government that has control over its constituents, you really think that these terrorist are going to enter into a dialouge with somebody? seriously? hahahaha. If he did go to war without UN approval and they werent going to give it dont you think that the UN would take action against the US and bush?
The terrorists were in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan...not Iraq.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2008, 09:25:47 AM »
Good question.  Did all of these countries commit war crimes by participating in the invasion of Iraq?   
It depends on the facts involved but I could see a scenario where the answer is yes.

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2008, 09:27:01 AM »
I'd recommend starting in the Printworks then maybe go down to the bars in Deansgate to see some top totty.

As for a club... just following where all the punani is going :D

But... why a friday? Saturday nights rock in Manchester.

Cheers mate, sounds like a plan!

Us provincial yokels always go out on the town on a Friday, but if the totty is better on a Saturday I'm pretty sure that I can change a habit of a lifetime.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2008, 10:05:26 AM »
The terrorists were in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan...not Iraq.
First off you didnt answer my question as you have a history of doing, do you really think that these terrorist organizations are going to sit down and have an open dialouge with the U.S. or anybody for that reason? Second terrorist activity was only one reason that we went into Iraq so that point doesnt make your case. Do you really think that the Iraq government under saddam had no terrorist ties?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2008, 10:26:51 AM »
First off you didnt answer my question as you have a history of doing, do you really think that these terrorist organizations are going to sit down and have an open dialouge with the U.S. or anybody for that reason? Second terrorist activity was only one reason that we went into Iraq so that point doesnt make your case. Do you really think that the Iraq government under saddam had no terrorist ties?
Sorry, but I'm really busy at work and I'm doing the best I can.

Al Qaeda should be destroyed.  I don't see anyone requesting negotiations with the terrorist group.

The 9/11 Commission (hand-picked by the Bush Administration) concluded:

"...the 9/11 Commission released a report saying, among other things, that there was no "collaborative relationship" between Al Qaeda and Iraq."

"The commission reported that, beyond the Sept. 11 attacks, there were indeed contacts between Al Qaeda and Iraq but that Iraq rebuffed Al Qaeda's entreaties."
http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0622/p09s01-codc.html

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2008, 10:30:21 AM »

Dude, I'm about to join the military and even I don't believe that shit.

Iraq was all about trying to gain political and economic intrests in the region.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2008, 10:32:41 AM »
It depends on the facts involved but I could see a scenario where the answer is yes.

You already know the facts.  The invasion of Iraq was a war of aggression (according to you), so every country who participated in this war of aggression should be equally culpable, right?