Author Topic: Two things happened in Iraq last week.  (Read 3522 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Two things happened in Iraq last week.
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2008, 10:33:00 AM »
Dude, I'm about to join the military and even I don't believe that shit.
Iraq was all about trying to gain political and economic intrests in the region.

LMAO brutal truth.  Purple Aki is absolutely right.  Only a very small % of people still believe the war was about terrorism.  Oil, bases, etc.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2008, 10:41:25 AM »
Sorry, but I'm really busy at work and I'm doing the best I can.

Al Qaeda should be destroyed.  I don't see anyone requesting negotiations with the terrorist group.

The 9/11 Commission (hand-picked by the Bush Administration) concluded:

"...the 9/11 Commission released a report saying, among other things, that there was no "collaborative relationship" between Al Qaeda and Iraq."

"The commission reported that, beyond the Sept. 11 attacks, there were indeed contacts between Al Qaeda and Iraq but that Iraq rebuffed Al Qaeda's entreaties."
http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0622/p09s01-codc.html
What about hammas? or any other terrorist group
I know of the reports all Im saying is that you can see how there might be ppl who would think that iraq was trying to obtain wmd or produce wmd do you not?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2008, 10:45:09 AM »
LMAO brutal truth.  Purple Aki is absolutely right.  Only a very small % of people still believe the war was about terrorism.  Oil, bases, etc.
LOL public opinion is a fickle whore my friend, changes with the wind. Im not saying your wrong but if it is indeed about oil and in 30 or 40 yrs we all have a more comfortable lifestyle do you think anybody will care, to quote decker "I dont give a fuck about kennedy and the bay of pigs that was 50 yrs ago" so probably not

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2008, 10:47:10 AM »
Dude, I'm about to join the military and even I don't believe that shit.

Iraq was all about trying to gain political and economic intrests in the region.
I think everybody is misunderstanding my stance Im not saying this is the way it is only that all these guys bashing the president are looking at it with hindsight and yes you will always be right with hindsight which might be why nobody ever says "hey, your right" on this website

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2008, 11:09:33 AM »
LOL public opinion is a fickle whore my friend, changes with the wind. Im not saying your wrong but if it is indeed about oil and in 30 or 40 yrs we all have a more comfortable lifestyle do you think anybody will care, to quote decker "I dont give a fuck about kennedy and the bay of pigs that was 50 yrs ago" so probably not

i agree - in 30 years, bush will be seen as a hero.  american history will be kind to him, and world history will hate on him. 

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2008, 11:12:08 AM »
What about hammas? or any other terrorist group
I know of the reports all Im saying is that you can see how there might be ppl who would think that iraq was trying to obtain wmd or produce wmd do you not?
If Hamas is a duly elected government and the US has an interest in the country, then I see nothing wrong with negotiations.

One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter.

Reagan/Bush negotiated with terrorist deathsquads in Nicaraguan and El Salvador death squads. 

In fact Reagan/Bush traded arms with Iran behind the US Congress's back.

Was that a bad thing?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2008, 11:13:40 AM »
You already know the facts.  The invasion of Iraq was a war of aggression (according to you), so every country who participated in this war of aggression should be equally culpable, right? 
No but every country participating in the illegal invasion is culpable to a degree.  The US just happens to head up that group thanks to the attack ordered by Bush.

But for Bush, there would not have been a coalition of the willing to plunder Iraq.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2008, 11:16:55 AM »
If Hamas is a duly elected government and the US has an interest in the country, then I see nothing wrong with negotiations.

One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter.

Reagan/Bush negotiated with terrorist deathsquads in Nicaraguan and El Salvador death squads. 

In fact Reagan/Bush traded arms with Iran behind the US Congress's back.

Was that a bad thing?
I agree but i would state it "one mans rebel is anothers freedom fighter" terrorists are completely different, a group that targets innocent citizens for any reason and those who contribute to them such as hamas should not be negotiated with b/c in the end if they dont get there way guess what...boom.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2008, 11:21:32 AM »
No but every country participating in the illegal invasion is culpable to a degree.  The US just happens to head up that group thanks to the attack ordered by Bush.

But for Bush, there would not have been a coalition of the willing to plunder Iraq.

There was also an order by the leader of every one of those 27 other countries to participate in the war.  No distinction between them and us in terms of (alleged) culpability IMO. 

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2008, 11:24:11 AM »
There was also an order by the leader of every one of those 27 other countries to participate in the war.  No distinction between them and us in terms of (alleged) culpability IMO. 

Only the US, UK, Poland, Australia and Denmark participated in the invasion.

The others were part of the coalition provisional authority that operated under a UN resolution.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2008, 11:41:56 AM »
I agree but i would state it "one mans rebel is anothers freedom fighter" terrorists are completely different, a group that targets innocent citizens for any reason and those who contribute to them such as hamas should not be negotiated with b/c in the end if they dont get there way guess what...boom.
You have to work with the government in place.  What's the alternative in Iran?  Blow up 70 million people? 

I don't buy the argument that terrorists are a different breed.  The Soviets were subject to negotiation and they held the power of the bomb.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2008, 11:42:52 AM »
I see.

Take a look at the Bugliosi thread, I posed a question to you that I have wanted answered for some time.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2008, 11:47:53 AM »
Only two things happened?

That's about it.

Also, somebody dropped their strawberry ice cream cone at the iraqi amusement park.  Luckily, the nice man working the booth gave the kid a free replacement.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2008, 12:32:45 PM »
i agree - in 30 years, bush will be seen as a hero.  american history will be kind to him, and world history will hate on him. 
I don't think so.  The oil producing nations will be able to usurp US economic supremacy to a degree b/c of the US's reliance on oil...to the last drop.

In the long run, our country will be weakened.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2008, 12:33:27 PM »
You're paraphrasing me...not quoting me.