Author Topic: Pros and Cons of Mustard  (Read 7244 times)

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Pros and Cons of Mustard
« on: May 21, 2008, 01:12:34 PM »
Hey bros I have become a mustard junky...Mustard on my tuna, chicken, and everything else pretty much...according to the chart on the bottle it has 0 of pretty much everything except for a little potassium...do you any of you know any reasons why someone shouldnt use mustard to add some flavor to the high protein (chicken, tuna, red meat), Very Low Carbs (under 20 a day) and Moderate Fat (From flaxseed, and natural peanut butter)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
Re: Pros and Cons of Mustard
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 04:33:47 PM »
Hey bros I have become a mustard junky...Mustard on my tuna, chicken, and everything else pretty much...according to the chart on the bottle it has 0 of pretty much everything except for a little potassium...do you any of you know any reasons why someone shouldnt use mustard to add some flavor to the high protein (chicken, tuna, red meat), Very Low Carbs (under 20 a day) and Moderate Fat (From flaxseed, and natural peanut butter)

No problems with mustard nutritionally, that I am aware of.

The downside, it taste like shit to me  :'(

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 04:42:34 PM »
Ezekiel bread, mustard, shaved turkey breast, maybe a slice of pepperjack cheese, and some lettuce.

mmmmmmmmmmmm

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 04:45:22 PM »
Ezekiel bread, mustard, shaved turkey breast, maybe a slice of pepperjack cheeseavacado, and some lettuce.

mmmmmmmmmmmm
;)

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 04:46:54 PM »
That works too, candi. But pepperjack you can just take out a box, an avocado you have to peel, chop, save the rest etc... too much work when I'm hungry!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 04:48:27 PM »
i as jst talking healthy fat vs. saturated fat. i hate mustard and dont eat sandwiches ! LOL  ;D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 05:01:44 PM »
No problems with mustard nutritionally, that I am aware of.

The downside, it taste like shit to me  :'(

QFT!  :-X

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 05:50:37 PM »
yea i didnt know of or ever heard of any health problems from it...and strangely as it is i used to dislike mustard very much then one day i put it on a sandwich and i really liked it the only downfall for right now is that im not eating sandwiches any more trying to keep those carbs down but i am still flavoring with mustard...another question for you guys is there a low or no carb hot sauce ive been using texas pete hot sauce but each serving of it has 2 grmas of carbs so i stopped it also...thanks bros

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 06:44:39 PM »
yea i didnt know of or ever heard of any health problems from it...and strangely as it is i used to dislike mustard very much then one day i put it on a sandwich and i really liked it the only downfall for right now is that im not eating sandwiches any more trying to keep those carbs down but i am still flavoring with mustard...another question for you guys is there a low or no carb hot sauce ive been using texas pete hot sauce but each serving of it has 2 grmas of carbs so i stopped it also...thanks bros

Mrs Dash spices are ok

I think there are hot sauces that are no carb. 2 g. sounds like a lot. Not like you are using a tblsn. of hot sauce? Just a few dashes is enough for me...

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2008, 06:46:00 PM »
He's sexy and can draw excellent.
E

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 07:49:31 PM »
Mrs Dash spices are ok

I think there are hot sauces that are no carb. 2 g. sounds like a lot. Not like you are using a tblsn. of hot sauce? Just a few dashes is enough for me...

yea you are right i didnt look at it like that it is definetly just a couple dashes...fuck it ill prob use it tomorrow...

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 08:33:02 PM »
There are sooooo many flavors of mustard, you should be able to find one you like.  I blend my own  ;D by mixing 3 different flavors  ::)   This little concoction mixed with pickle relish, canned salmon and cooked mashed up yam is really good.  I know it sounds weird, but it's good, I swear.
:

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2008, 09:04:36 PM »
There are sooooo many flavors of mustard, you should be able to find one you like.  I blend my own  ;D by mixing 3 different flavors  ::)   This little concoction mixed with pickle relish, canned salmon and cooked mashed up yam is really good.  I know it sounds weird, but it's good, I swear.

sounds wierd but usually those are more palette pleasing then others...

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2008, 01:27:18 PM »

Frank's Redhot!  Zero Calories/Zero Carbs.  I sometimes drink it from the bottle... ;)

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2008, 01:30:21 PM »
As for mustard, I believe there are two "Sandwich Camps" out there...

Those who love Mayo and those who love Mustard.

Luckily, I have always loved Mustard.

Those who love Mayo are destined to be fat...

By the way, when cutting carbs, you should look for "Nature's Own Double Fiber Whole Wheat Bread".  2 slices only has 10 grams of carbs (not including fiber).

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2008, 01:34:04 PM »
Frank's Redhot!  Zero Calories/Zero Carbs.  I sometimes drink it from the bottle... ;)

hey thats a good tip about franks ill have to check that out....i love hot sauce and mustard...i hate mayo i cant really explain why but i just do...i havent had a sandwich in about a week and am coming up on my re up carb day...i love that day...i hate this diet though i hate it with a passion...

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2008, 06:23:05 PM »
mustard contains alot of tumeric which has some amazing health properties

DylanPG

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 01:42:02 PM »

?? You're seriously worried about 2 grams of carbs?  Sounds WAY too strict for me...

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2008, 05:03:37 PM »
?? You're seriously worried about 2 grams of carbs?  Sounds WAY too strict for me...

well thanks for that helpful input...any more gems of knowledge you would like pass on?? ::) ::) ::)

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 01:26:04 PM »
Inglehoffer makes some awesome mustards.  If you get a chance try them out.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 01:34:04 PM »
"French's" is also good....ALL zero.  :)

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 01:44:32 PM »
"French's" is also good....ALL zero.  :)

all the mustard ive seen is pretty much zero everything...i like some of frenchs spicy mustard also....

Cindy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • www.rippedacademy.com
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2008, 10:54:00 PM »
I like mustard too. Mayo is disgusting!

Spicy mustard on chicken breast :P
O

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!