Author Topic: Obama BLASTS McCain On The G.I. Bill (Senate Floor)  (Read 2720 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Obama BLASTS McCain On The G.I. Bill (Senate Floor)
« on: May 22, 2008, 11:19:05 PM »
 ;)
!

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: Obama BLASTS McCain On The G.I. Bill (Senate Floor)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 05:23:21 AM »
rookie

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 07:14:56 AM »
!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 08:38:22 AM »
great response!  ::)

likewise  ::)

I'm sure this GI bill was put in place for all 57 states hopefully

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 09:52:31 AM »

likewise?  ???
You make no sense, dummy.
!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 10:34:00 AM »
likewise?  ???
You make no sense, dummy.

cause you don't keep up with the news, retard.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 12:33:36 PM »

YAM.  Why doesnt mccain support the GI BIll???

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 02:45:26 PM »
I think among other things he says it's too expensive.

If true (that he said this) then I'm totally disgusted with this guy.

I believe I've also heard that he didn't even bother to show up for the vote

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 02:59:23 PM »

YAM.  Why doesnt mccain support the GI BIll???

It's not that he does not support the GI Bill itself,  he does not support modernizing the bill at this time. People such as McCain himself have come back home and went to college thanks to the GI Bill, but returning soldiers from Iraq once in college, will they choose to go back to the military? No. So the efforts to modernize the GI Bill in a time of war, limits the standing army.
Some can say by modernizing the GI Bill it returns double whatever money is put into it, but not right now it won't. It will suck money out of the system.
I don't even think he did not, not vote for it. He was absent.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 04:08:39 PM »
Thats the whole point...give great benefits after serving and guys will get out and use them....but to get good people u have to provide good benefits. The bill needs to be updated and we've been going round and round on how to do that. Such things as lump sum yearly payments, increases, allowing a transfer of benefits to family members etc.

This was opportunistic on Comrade Obama's part. He could care less for the military unless he can use them as an issue to get himself elected. The Left hates the military and always has. He's the poster child for the leftist nutbags.
L

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 05:18:12 PM »
The argument from Bush er...I mean McCain is that it costs too much to uprade the educational benefit and more importantly if they do then more people might choose to leave the military to pursue higher education.

Anyway you look at it that just SUCKS

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 06:39:31 PM »
Yeah it does suck. I think before they push the GI Bill through they should push some healthcare policies for these soldiers returning home with PTSD. Gotta crawl before you can walk.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 07:40:01 PM »
Thats the whole point...give great benefits after serving and guys will get out and use them....but to get good people u have to provide good benefits. The bill needs to be updated and we've been going round and round on how to do that. Such things as lump sum yearly payments, increases, allowing a transfer of benefits to family members etc.

This was opportunistic on Comrade Obama's part. He could care less for the military unless he can use them as an issue to get himself elected. The Left hates the military and always has. He's the poster child for the leftist nutbags.

Youve got some F'd up ideas.  What a simpleton you are.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 07:41:34 PM »
Yeah it does suck. I think before they push the GI Bill through they should push some healthcare policies for these soldiers returning home with PTSD. Gotta crawl before you can walk.

Isnt that what the V.A. hospital is for?  I know guys that did simple stints and have healthcare forever.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 07:43:55 PM »
It's not that he does not support the GI Bill itself,  he does not support modernizing the bill at this time. People such as McCain himself have come back home and went to college thanks to the GI Bill, but returning soldiers from Iraq once in college, will they choose to go back to the military? No. So the efforts to modernize the GI Bill in a time of war, limits the standing army.
Some can say by modernizing the GI Bill it returns double whatever money is put into it, but not right now it won't. It will suck money out of the system.
I don't even think he did not, not vote for it. He was absent.

Okay now i like him even less.  We dont want you to pursue education or start your life cuz we need you back!!

Holy hell if that isnt a case for the lack of fighters left to do bushs occupying, then i dont know what is.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 10:17:34 PM »

Isnt that what the V.A. hospital is for?  I know guys that did simple stints and have healthcare forever.
:o

Have you been to a V.A. hospital? Soldiers serving their country deserve alot better.
Although some are nice, but it should not just be a select few that are up to date.
That's how it should be, it's been like that since the Romans, you serve you get state care.
The only reason this revised G.I Bill was not voted on, is because it's not the time for it.
McCain's real reason for not voting on it was that he had not read it...do with that what you will.
PTSD is not being treated hard enough, rephrase that...not being taken serious enough.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2008, 06:31:57 PM »
:o

Have you been to a V.A. hospital? Soldiers serving their country deserve alot better.
Although some are nice, but it should not just be a select few that are up to date.
That's how it should be, it's been like that since the Romans, you serve you get state care.
The only reason this revised G.I Bill was not voted on, is because it's not the time for it.
McCain's real reason for not voting on it was that he had not read it...do with that what you will.
PTSD is not being treated hard enough, rephrase that...not being taken serious enough.

Im all for better care after duty.  The country knows the disgusting state of how the goverment treats the soldiers when they are no longer useful to them.....basically smelly old tampons.

this is another reason why mccain is known as the "Double talk express"  he claims to care but not enough to look into it......