Author Topic: Dorian 1995 Prejudging- No Controversy, Dorian wins by far  (Read 19506 times)

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Dorian 1995 Prejudging- No Controversy, Dorian wins by far
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 02:03:57 PM »
Such passion for a contest that took place 13 years ago. :)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2008, 02:06:06 PM »
Such passion for a contest that took place 13 years ago. :)

That's because there are no longer the likes of the 95-98 top Olympia contenders on today's stages  :-\

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2008, 02:09:44 PM »
Can you show pics from the side where Dorian apparently beats Nasser to support your argument?

Are you saying that Nasser had a better side triceps than Dorian? Wtf?! As for the side chest, it might be closer, but Dorian has thicker pecs, better calves and comparable quads. No wonder all the 12 judges unanimously gave this mandatory to Dorian.

There is a front lat spread comparison I posted above, and Nasser looks better and harder there - you can even see his abs.  

How can you have a better front lat spread with inferior lats? Delusional. This is not up for debate: Dorian crushed Nasser. And bloated? Please...Dorian made Nasser look like marshmellow.

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2008, 02:16:32 PM »
Front the front, both competitors, Nasser and Yates held their own, apples and oranges....Could debate till the end of time on who was better from the front...When they turn around? Lights out for Nasser....So considering they were both great from the front, and that Dorian looked way better from the back...The winner is very apparent....The most complete body wins....One missing bicep is nothing compared to a missing back....

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2008, 02:37:20 PM »
 How can you have a better front lat spread with inferior lats? Delusional.

Because there are lot more bodyparts showcased in that pose than the lats alone.  That's like saying Nasser had a better rear double biceps pose because he had better biceps.

This is not up for debate: Dorian crushed Nasser. And bloated? Please...Dorian made Nasser look like marshmellow.

Not in the pics posted.  Dont make me have to post 97 Yates pics to show his bloated waist.  Even in 95 (look at the relaxed pic on the prevoius page, Dorian's waist looks bloated compared to Nasser's.

Are you saying that Nasser had a better side triceps than Dorian? Wtf?!

Yes.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2008, 02:46:20 PM »
Dorian was untouchable during his reign, and yes, 1997 included.

Noel Fuller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2008, 02:53:12 PM »
I was there..I had Nasser ahead until they turned around and then it was all over..Nasser was not nearly as wide.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2008, 03:10:06 PM »
Fans don't assess contests based on politics, friendships, dick-sucking, etc.  as do IFBB judges.  Hope this helps.

amen to that.

Nasser owned dorian from the front that year and every year.

ND is just bitter because yet another bodybuilder owns his hero from the front...

::)
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2008, 03:13:54 PM »
Can you show pics from the side where Dorian apparently beats Nasser to support your argument?

There is a front lat spread comparison I posted above, and Nasser looks better and harder there - you can even see his abs. 

Also, when I compare Nasser vs. Yates I'm not only discussing judging critieria (which largely includes politics) or the "mandatory" poses but just who looks better in general, and most pics indicate Nasser does.

The judging criteria isn't largely ' politics ' its a set mandate on what judges look for in each pose and that criteria is muscular bulk , balanced development , muscle density , muscle dryness , posing & presentation and FYI all rounds are physique rounds meaning ALL of that criteria is applied at every single moment and while some guys may meet part of that criteria better it doesn't matter because its the one who meets MOST of that criteria who wins and that is Dorian Yates

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2008, 03:15:52 PM »
meaning ALL of that criteria is applied at every single moment

in other words, dorian gets owned most of the time, but in one or two shots he is better..LOL

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2008, 03:17:35 PM »
amen to that.

Nasser owned dorian from the front that year and every year.

ND is just bitter because yet another bodybuilder owns his hero from the front...

Bitter? lol Dorian has among the best ab-thigh & front latspreads in the history of the sport , leaps & bounds better than Ronnie or Nasser and NO ONE and I mean no one touched Yates 1995 Ronnie would be lucky nevrmind no-back Nasser

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2008, 03:19:40 PM »
Bitter? lol Dorian has among the best ab-thigh & front latspreads in the history of the sport , leaps & bounds better than Ronnie or Nasser and NO ONE and I mean no one touched Yates 1995 Ronnie would be lucky nevrmind no-back Nasser

pics mean nothing remember?

LOL

you are sad.

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2008, 03:20:11 PM »
in other words, dorian gets owned most of the time, but in one or two shots he is better..LOL

No he doesn't he almost corner's the market in ALL poses all rounds are physique rounds Hulkster you'd know that if you knew bodybuilding.  ;)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2008, 03:20:48 PM »
just for the record, not to start anything but the 99 olympia prejudging video of Ronnie is a hell of a lot more impressive than dorian was there.

just saying..

:P 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2008, 03:23:00 PM »

dorian is lucky Nasser didn't have a particularly great back

but he still gets his ass kicked from the front.
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2008, 03:23:00 PM »
pics mean nothing remember?

LOL

you are sad.

typical Hulkster NO pictures don't mean anything compared to actually being there  ;) pics are almost useless for ascertaining a person's level of density & dryness which is why trusted eyewitness words carry more weight than any ' opinion ' you may try and formulate

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2008, 03:25:49 PM »
typical Hulkster NO pictures don't mean anything compared to actually being there  ;) pics are almost useless for ascertaining a person's level of density & dryness which is why trusted eyewitness words carry more weight than any ' opinion ' you may try and formulate

funny how ND has this opinion given that there is a 1600+ page thread of peak Ronnie owning dorian in pics and videos, and hundreds of pics of other bodybuilders like Shawn (94) and Nasser (95/97) owning him also..

why am I not surprised?...

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2008, 03:27:49 PM »
funny how ND has this opinion given that there is a 1600+ page thread of peak Ronnie owning dorian in pics and videos, and hundreds of pics of other bodybuilders like Shawn (94) and Nasser (95/97) owning him also..

why am I not surprised?...

Again you're a typical ignorant biased fan judging pictures on your preferences which is ok but please don't act like you know anything about competitive bodybuilding because I will correct you as usual .  ;)

Dorian was untouchable even at his worse.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2008, 03:32:33 PM »
just for the record, not to start anything but the 99 olympia prejudging video of Ronnie is a hell of a lot more impressive than dorian was there.

just saying..

:P 8)

And I'm sure you believe that lol Dorian is harder & drier than Ronnie 99 , he has better balance & proportion than Ronnie 99 , oh he's a better poser and depending on the year Dorian also carries more muscular bulk , hey that sounds like all the judging criteria lol

see all rounds are physique rounds , see Ronnie 99 getting his ass kicked by Dorian again  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2008, 03:34:03 PM »
Yates just schooling Nasser in a textbook 1/4 turn

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2008, 04:04:32 PM »
 :-X
Flower Boy Ran Away

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2008, 04:12:34 PM »
95 was a levrOWNING

E
E

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2008, 04:18:05 PM »
dorian made a career out of being owned by his competition..

:-X
Flower Boy Ran Away

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2008, 04:19:27 PM »
No he doesn't he almost corner's the market in ALL poses all rounds are physique rounds Hulkster you'd know that if you knew bodybuilding.  ;)

Haha, Dorianowned.

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2008, 04:35:04 PM »
Because there are lot more bodyparts showcased in that pose than the lats alone.  That's like saying Nasser had a better rear double biceps pose because he had better biceps.

The lats are the most important part in this mandatory. It's called front lat spread, and the bottom line is that Dorian's lats spread wider. And Dorian has him on abs. What else is there to this mandatory? Even in quads Dorian was better than Nasser in 1995.

And bad analogy with the back double biceps, sport. You can't compare the importance of the lats(huge muscle) with that of the biceps(small muscle), so obviously the lats are more important in the fron tlat spread than the biceps are in the back double biceps.

Not in the pics posted.  Dont make me have to post 97 Yates pics to show his bloated waist.  Even in 95 (look at the relaxed pic on the prevoius page, Dorian's waist looks bloated compared to Nasser's.

Delusional. Dorian's conditioning was miles ahead of Nasser's. Hell, Dorian's conditioning was miles ahead of almost any bodybuilder who's ever competed. Especially in 1995.

Yes.

I guess that ends the debate right there. You are way too biased and delusional to argue with.