Author Topic: Dorian 1995 Prejudging- No Controversy, Dorian wins by far  (Read 19522 times)

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5049884837576382067&q=1995+olympia&ei=Pg43SOWPBJjiiQKJ393dAw

Seriously guys, if you cant see that Dorian wins in this video then you're just delusional

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
Re: Dorian 1995 Prejudging- No Controversy, Dorian wins by far
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 11:41:15 AM »
Note at the 6 minute marker, best side tricep pose in history

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 11:44:39 AM »
Note at the 6 minute marker, best side tricep pose in history

Not the best in history, no. Didn't have the sheer size and cuts of DeMayo or the size of Bertil.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 11:47:24 AM »
Not the best in history, no. Didn't have the sheer size and cuts of DeMayo or the size of Bertil.

DeMayo looked like a kid compared to Dorian, Bertil on the other hand could not match the size and conditioning of Dorian (on arms yes ofcourse, the rest no). Its the whole body thats being judged in the side tricep pose, not just the tricep.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 12:32:39 PM »
I disagree.  The video doesn't even have very good resolution.  Here are some better resolution comparisons from 95.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 12:34:48 PM »
Wow, all front pics.  What an unbiased post.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 12:35:04 PM »
Anyone who thinks 1995 Mr Olympia was anyone other than Dorian Yates does not know about competitive bodybuilding how its judged and what they're looking at period. end of sentence

1995 was one of the most dominate wins of any Olympia winner ever .

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 12:36:15 PM »
Wow, all front pics.  What an unbiased post.

I admit Dorian was better than Nasser from the back, but that hardly makes up for how much he lags in comparison in all other bodyparts.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 12:36:45 PM »

lmfao Bertil Fox was lucky if he was 200 pounds and Demayo was at the 1995 Mr Olympia his only Olympia appearance and where did he place again? yeah I thought so  ;)

Bertil Fox had great triceps did Bertil Fox have a better side triceps pose? you're out of your mind if you think so

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 12:36:56 PM »
Anyone who thinks 1995 Mr Olympia was anyone other than Dorian Yates does not know about competitive bodybuilding how its judged and what they're looking at period. end of sentence

1995 was one of the most dominate wins of any Olympia winner ever .

Maybe not many people actually care about how competitive bodybuilding is judged; they care more about who actually looks better.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 12:37:54 PM »
I admit Dorian was better than Nasser from the back, but that hardly makes up for how much he lags in comparison in all bodyparts.

1995 Dorian was better than Nasser front , back , side , upside down and rightside up . Nasser was demoralized in 1995 like everyone else ! 1997 a different story 1995 Nasser was crushed

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 12:40:38 PM »
1995 was his best year by far.  Now, Find a video of 1994, 1996 and 1997.  He had his fat, bloated ass handed to him by Ray in 1994 and by Nasser in 1997.  Dorian peaked 3 times during his Olympia reign.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 12:40:42 PM »
Maybe not many people actually care about how competitive bodybuilding is judged; they care more about who actually looks better.

hence why contests are NOT judged by fans  ;) there is a set of criteria contests are judged by and Dorian is that criteria.

and the reason you stated is exactly why people like you think it was possible for Nasser to beat Dorian lol when in reality Yates stands alone as usual.

1997 Nasser looked better in the front double biceps shot and perhaps matched and even bested Dorian in the ab-thigh and thats it 1995 Nasser ( and everyone else ) loses , every single pose from every single angle.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 12:42:07 PM »
1995 was his best year by far.  Now, Find a video of 1994, 1996 and 1997.  He had his fat, bloated ass handed to him by Ray in 1994 and by Nasser in 1997.  Dorian peaked 3 times during his Olympia reign.

yawn 1994 & 1996 were clear victories for Yates 1997 he shouldn't have won with perfect scores but again he beat Nasser

205 pound Shawn beating a 262 pound Dorian lol thats funny

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 12:42:53 PM »
hence why contests are NOT judged by fans  ;)

Fans don't assess contests based on politics, friendships, dick-sucking, etc.  as do IFBB judges.  Hope this helps.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 12:44:33 PM »
Slight change of topic doesn't Levrone's arm look weird here?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 12:44:46 PM »
Fans don't assess contests based on politics, friendships, dick-sucking, etc.  as do IFBB judges.  Hope this helps.

LOL  ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 12:45:37 PM »
Fans don't assess contests based on politics, friendships, dick-sucking, etc.  as do IFBB judges.  Hope this helps.

fans base contests on preference , bias , ignorance and stupidity and you're a typical fan.

1995 was like 1993 just another Yates clinic on competitive bodybuilding , I recall Nasser kissing Dorian's ass that year on how much better he looked compared to 1994 and how he was a deserving winner ( stating the obvious )

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2008, 12:49:53 PM »

He always had long biceps muscles.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 12:50:10 PM »
fans base contests on preference , bias , ignorance and stupidity and you're a typical fan.

Yes, only someone who is "ignorant and stupid" would think that the tighter physique on the right looks better than the bloated one on the left:

::)

1995 was like 1993 just another Yates clinic on competitive bodybuilding , I recall Nasser kissing Dorian's ass that year on how much better he looked compared to 1994 and how he was a deserving winner ( stating the obvious )

Nasser during his competitive days was very humble and politically correct, even if it meant not being honest.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 12:53:57 PM »
Yes, only someone who is "ignorant and stupid" would think that the tighter physique on the right looks better than the bloated one on the left:

::)

Nasser during his competitive days was very humble and politically correct, even if it meant not being honest.

the fact you think Nasser is ' tighter ' than Yates proves my point. thank you. and I laughed out loud when you typed ' bloated ' Yates 1995 is anything but bloated he's the epitome of conditioned mass . your bias prevents you from learning I was like that once until I learn how contests are judged I was dumbfounded in 1993 when Dorian beat Flex Wheeler I for the life of me couldn't figure out how but then I learned  ;)

nice spin ( not ) funny what Nasser said coincides with the reality of the matter , Dorian did look better than 1994 and he was a deserving winner , looks like Nasser was being honest.  ;)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 01:02:10 PM »

why? in what way?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 01:03:37 PM »

Come on now. Dorian was definitely ON that day. His best showing minus the bicep. I remember watching the 95 predjudging and when Dorian was called out it was over right there in my mind. Only problem was the torn bicep - should he be judged down due to it?

CigaretteMan

• Getbig III
  • Yum, yum, give me some!
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2008, 01:18:47 PM »
I admit Dorian was better than Nasser from the back, but that hardly makes up for how much he lags in comparison in all other bodyparts.

You are delusional. Dorian takes the front lat spread and arguably the abs-and-thighs from the front. From the sides, he easily takes the side triceps and side chest. Add to that his dominace in the rear lat spread and back double biceps, and what's left for Nasser? The front double biceps and that's it. Face it, dude: Dorian crushed Nasser and everyone else in 1995. It wasn't even close. Not even by a long shot.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2008, 01:48:51 PM »
  You are delusional. Dorian takes the front lat spread and arguably the abs-and-thighs from the front. From the sides, he easily takes the side triceps and side chest. Add to that his dominace in the rear lat spread and back double biceps, and what's left for Nasser? The front double biceps and that's it. Face it, dude: Dorian crushed Nasser and everyone else in 1995. It wasn't even close. Not even by a long shot.

Can you show pics from the side where Dorian apparently beats Nasser to support your argument?

There is a front lat spread comparison I posted above, and Nasser looks better and harder there - you can even see his abs. 

Also, when I compare Nasser vs. Yates I'm not only discussing judging critieria (which largely includes politics) or the "mandatory" poses but just who looks better in general, and most pics indicate Nasser does.