Author Topic: Rampage submitted by his #1 pick...  (Read 2816 times)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
Rampage submitted by his #1 pick...
« on: May 23, 2008, 03:06:17 PM »
Did you guys see this in the last episode??  Talk about embarrassing  :-[
w

On_Swole

• Expert
  • Getbig III
Re: Rampage submitted by his #1 pick...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 04:01:49 PM »
I don't think so... He took an obviously sloppy shot on a guy with known wrestling ability. I thought it was kind of funny.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 10:19:07 PM »
I thought he probably did it as some sort of confidence builder before the guy had his fight..

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 02:58:21 AM »
Did you guys see this in the last episode??  Talk about embarrassing  :-[

Why, it happens all the time in training. 

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 08:56:09 AM »
Why, it happens all the time in training. 

Agreed I have seen young teenage kids submit older guys who have years of training on them. Also remember Rampage wasn't smashing the kid in the face.. Hence why it is training.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 11:18:08 AM »
The current LHW Champ was made to tap by a complete rookie on TV...embarrasing.
w

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 11:33:57 AM »

Mind don't you train? If so how do you honestly find this embarassing. Page is no black belt in Jits the last time I checked. It was training for god sakes why do people find this to be such a big deal. They could have been rolling for an hour and the kid got Page one time.... Yet they caught it and put it on air to make you think the kid is better then he is. They weren't fighting when this happened they were training......

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 11:44:20 AM »
Mind don't you train? If so how do you honestly find this embarassing. Page is no black belt in Jits the last time I checked. It was training for god sakes why do people find this to be such a big deal. They could have been rolling for an hour and the kid got Page one time.... Yet they caught it and put it on air to make you think the kid is better then he is. They weren't fighting when this happened they were training......

Don't get your panties in a knot cupcake.  I understand there was no striking & it was practice.  But, Rampage was actually trying to teach him a lesson because the guy kicked him.  Instead, he ended up having to tap.  No biggie.  I'm sure that in an actual fight Rampage would obliterate him...
w

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 09:17:08 PM »
Agreed I have seen young teenage kids submit older guys who have years of training on them.

I'm one of those guys. These kids go full blast all the time. At this point, I can't train that way, nor do I want to.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 12:00:07 AM »
moron
!

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 05:11:51 AM »
Sparing is way different than I real fight ;) Anyone who spars gets it from time to time lol. If not then they train with the wrong people.
P

bigjohN79

• Getbig IV
  • FEAR THE BOG!!
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 06:13:21 AM »
homo
FEAR THE BAPP!

SpeedDemon

• Getbig II
  • Hard work pays off
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 01:44:11 PM »
Thats like say "oh shit that guys spotter just had to help him finish that set. How embarrassing!!"

If your not getting tapped every once and a while in training either you aren't pushing yourself hard enough or you aren't training with the right people

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 08:45:17 AM »
Thats like say "oh shit that guys spotter just had to help him finish that set. How embarrassing!!"

If your not getting tapped every once and a while in training either you aren't pushing yourself hard enough or you aren't training with the right people

That analogy makes no sense.  Yes...everyone gets caught in practice.  No shit.  Still, the teacher got embarrassed by the pupil.
w

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 08:50:16 AM »
That analogy makes no sense.  Yes...everyone gets caught in practice.  No shit.  Still, the teacher got embarrassed by the pupil.
rookie
!

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 08:52:16 AM »
w

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 08:53:04 AM »
!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 02:53:00 PM »
So many experts here ::)

OK, let's explain why getting tapped in practice isn't such a bad thing and why fearing being tapped in practice can hinder your progress:

I happen to be a purple belt in BJJ. However, when I am shown a new move, at least for awhile, I'm a white belt at that move. So, unless I'm willing to use the move and risk getting swept or tapped, I'll never get good at it and I'll end up sticking to my bread and butter moves without ever expanding my game.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 03:04:19 PM »
didnt care too much about that but i did notice that rampages one pick seemed slightly retarded, wasnt as good as everyone said he would be, talked about himself in third person and looked goofy like a jim carrey character.
Z

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 03:05:03 PM »
OK, let's explain why getting tapped in practice isn't such a bad thing and why fearing being tapped in practice can hinder your progress:

I happen to be a purple belt in BJJ. However, when I am shown a new move, at least for awhile, I'm a white belt at that move. So, unless I'm willing to use the move and risk getting swept or tapped, I'll never get good at it and I'll end up sticking to my bread and butter moves without ever expanding my game.

did you watch the episode?  It had nothing to do with learning new moves or anything like you just described.  Rampage got kicked in the arm and was about to put CB in his place.  Instead he got caught and was forced to tap.  Again, in a real fight I'm sure Rampage would have slammed the shit out of him, but he still got owned...  
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 03:05:28 PM »
didnt care too much about that but i did notice that rampages one pick seemed slightly retarded, wasnt as good as everyone said he would be, talked about himself in third person and looked goofy like a jim carrey character.

lol. 
w

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2008, 06:47:44 PM »
did you watch the episode?  It had nothing to do with learning new moves or anything like you just described.  Rampage got kicked in the arm and was about to put CB in his place.  

These reality shows are so heavily edited that we can't be sure exactly what happened. They're always trying to make things look more dramatic than they really are.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2008, 07:04:02 PM »
These reality shows are so heavily edited that we can't be sure exactly what happened. They're always trying to make things look more dramatic than they really are.

dana needs to bring by a couple of gallons of vodka every episode just to make things interesting...

this season kind of sux

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 03:10:26 AM »
Lets see, all american wrestler, 2x national qualifier with good jits submits JC level wrestler with heavy hands who relies on his atheleticism and striking to wins fights in a non striking, submission grappling based sparring system.  Is that about right?  Where's the shame in that?  You train hard, you will get tapped.  If you are only concerned about not getting tapped, your game will stagnate.  You will not improve in positions, and you will not look to attack, but rather defend. 

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2008, 04:03:26 AM »

that whole part of forrest being angry and kicking down the door looked staged
Z