Author Topic: Pa. Soldier Who Jumped on Grenade to Receive Posthumous Medal of Honor  (Read 8334 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
I served forward deployed in several theaters  including Desert Storm and we (Servicemen/women give a pound of flesh daily so you can talk shit freely, go fuck yourself commie bastard!

Hate punk asses like you!

haha thanks asshole!

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
jake is being a bitch on this board because he feels his "superior" intellect goes unrecognized here.

Nobody wants to see dead 19 year olds and all the medals on the planet are not going to make the situation one iota better.

And the reason this shit was posted was to act as if he died for some noble cause.

There is no noble cause here.  Just a kid who did the right thing in the pursuit of a wrong end.  He could have chosen to not pursue that wrong end, but unfortunately did not make it.

I've been against the war from the start. That's not the point. Of course medals won't bring anyone back. I'd love to argue that he was fighting for your freedom and explain how freedom isn't free, etc... but that's just not possible here. He/they are fighting because the US was allowed to invade Iraq... no more, no less. No matter why he was there instead of college, getting laid or in the comfort of his own home behind a keyboard the kid still had a belief system (values) that weren't shaken by being in a bad situation. It's not something I'd expect most people to get.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
jake is being a bitch on this board because he feels his "superior" intellect goes unrecognized here.

Nobody wants to see dead 19 year olds and all the medals on the planet are not going to make the situation one iota better.

And the reason this shit was posted was to act as if he died for some noble cause.

There is no noble cause here.  Just a kid who did the right thing in the pursuit of a wrong end.  He could have chosen to not pursue that wrong end, but unfortunately did not make it.

Sadly this type of logic goes right over some people's heads around here.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
I would have tried to save my own ass.

But what he did was pretty brave and I feel for him and his family. Pretty sad thing.

Stuff like this just adds to my dislike of Bush and his cronies. They brainwash youngmen into garbage causes.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Ever heard of selective service? when you send the form in its a voluntary draft!

Anyway meat curtain alot of these kids joined because of 911 they made the choice just like I did years ago but liek Dr says don't piss on their grave for doing their duty.
hey, we all do our duty, electricians, builders, engineers, mcdonalds worker..

those kids were mislead and believed the hype, they most likely had nothing else to do, fuck fighting in the Iraq war, a war based on fabricated evidence and false intelligence, to many kids are dying, to many for nothing, i dont know how many kids have died but i know its over 4000

lets not forget the kids and innocent people that U.S soldiers have killed to, dont deny it, its true

Edited***
US soldiers dead    4081..RIP to all of them
Iraqi civilians dead 151,000 RIP to all of them

Quickerblade

• Getbig V

But what he did was pretty brave and I feel for him and his family. Pretty sad thing.

Stuff like this just adds to my dislike of Bush and his cronies. They brainwash youngmen into garbage causes.

JACKPOT

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
Sadly this type of logic goes right over some people's heads around here.
No we understand perfectly.

Now go masterbate!  BTW you are welcome!
W

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V

Now go masterbate!  

With Saddam now gone I can do so without fear. You did a great job over there.

Hustle Man

• Getbig IV
  • What is the most common form of stupidity?
hey, we all do our duty, electricians, builders, engineers, mcdonalds worker..

those kids were mislead and believed the hype, they most likely had nothing else to do, fuck fighting in the Iraq war, a war based on fabricated evidence and false intelligence, to many kids are dying, to many for nothing, i dont know how many kids have died but i know its over 4000

lets not forget the kids and innocent people that U.S soldiers have killed to, dont deny it, its true

Edited***
US soldiers dead    4081..RIP to all of them
Iraqi civilians dead 151,000 RIP to all of them

I hear you brother and agree with some of what you are saying!

Waste of time talking to these guys anyway. Time to get back to watching the game.
W

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
Time to get back to watching the game.

We have a winner.

drkaje

• Getbig V

Sorry, CJ. The military can train people to do a lot of things but not that. All the training in the world wouldn't stop someone (without the core value to protect their friends) from running to save their own ass.

I do find the term 'brainwashed' interesting. A lot of people would avoid comparing a guy who dove on a grenade to save friends to suicide bombers.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Sorry, CJ. The military can train people to do a lot of things but not that. All the training in the world wouldn't stop someone (without the core value to protect their friends) from running to save their own ass.

I do find the term 'brainwashed' interesting. A lot of people would avoid comparing a guy who dove on a grenade to save friends to suicide bombers.

Well, he was driven by some sort of distorted ideal there's no doubt about that.

Suicide bombers are lost people who don't really care for anyone. Sure some recieve money for their family, but they're lost men full of intense hate that makes them cling to some garbage ideal. Military people are different. Driven by not so much anger, but some sort of fantasy ideal. Of course they're a little lost too, otherwise most of them wouldn't be in the military. Very few servicemen choose that lifestyle because they actually want to serve. That's why I used the term 'brainwash'. The military goes after many of these lost young people.

drkaje

• Getbig V
What reasons he had for joining really don't matter much in the end but I would have to disagree about his having a distorted ideal. His ideals were pretty high, IMO. I guess a grenade, in a stupid war, is a pretty tough way for them to be tested but a lot of people would have jumped in the opposite direction.

With a topic so charged it's a little easy to forget the non-political issues.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I saw this topic a few minutes after it was put up with no responses and just new that there would be a hoard of liberals on this thread pissing on this guy, well done!!! ::)

Purple Aki

• Getbig IV
  • penisory contact with her volvo.
Some of you are fools. I get being against the war and so on but it's sad that a gaggle of nerds would piss on the grave of a man who was willing to die for his friends from behind their keyboards

Sadly, no logical explanation would even be useful since some of you can't see what kind of man he must have been to trade his own life for that of his friends.

Exactly. I can understand people being against war, but mocking the death of a nineteen year old that died to save his friends? That seems particularly low.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I saw this topic a few minutes after it was put up with no responses and just new that there would be a hoard of liberals on this thread pissing on this guy, well done!!! ::)

Sad isn't it?  Regardless, that young man was a great American. 

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.

"horde", not "hoard"

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Exactly. I can understand people being against war, but mocking the death of a nineteen year old that died to save his friends? That seems particularly low.

True.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.

Yeah. I'm sure that's why the douche who started this thread titled it "19 year old died to save his friends"

::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
"horde", not "hoard"

lol thats what you choose to pick on with that statement  ::)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V

dying for bush, cheney, haliburton and mccain is NOT honorable.

NT
exactly!

drkaje

• Getbig V

dying for bush, cheney, haliburton and mccain is total bullshit NOT honorable.

NT

He died for his friends, NT. Bush, Cheney, Halliburton and 48 senators put him there but he still died for his friends. It would be understandable if you were actually retarded and couldn't grasp the concept but you guys would rather piss on his grave than acknowledge his valor in fear that it might be taken as supporting the war. It's just lame and you guys are being dishonest here.

drkaje

• Getbig V
without bush the kid is still ALIVE today......period.

NT

Not the point.

Some concepts are bigger than individual political points of view. Willfully ignoring the forrest for the trees doesn't change things at all. I don't believe there was a legitimate reason for him (and others) to die there either but would never ignore what kind of person he must have been.

Discussions like this could be avoided if military service were mandatory for all Americans.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V

Not the point.

Discussions like this could be avoided if military service were mandatory for all Americans.

I can't believe you actually typed this.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
MR. HUCKABEE: Well, what we did in Iraq, we essentially broke it. It's our responsibility to do the best we can to try to fix it before we just turn away because something is at stake. And on this issue, when he says we can't leave until we've left with honor, I 100 percent agree with him because, Congressman, whether or not we should have gone to Iraq is a discussion that historians can have, but we're there. We bought it because we broke it. We've got a responsibility to the honor of this country and to the honor of every man and woman who has served in Iraq and ever served in our military to not leave them with anything less than the honor that they deserve.

REP. PAUL: The American people didn't go in. A few people advising this administration, a small number of people called the neoconservative hijacked our foreign policy. They're responsible, not the American people. They're not responsible. We shouldn't punish them.

MR. HUCKABEE: Congressman, we are one nation. We can't be divided. We have to be one nation under God. That means if we make a mistake, we make it as a single country, the United States of America, not the divided states of America.

REP. PAUL: No. When we make a mistake -- (interrupted by applause) -- when we make a mistake, it is the obligation of the people through their representatives to correct the mistake, not to continue the mistake!

MR. HUCKABEE: Even if we lose elections, we should not lose our honor, and that is more important to the Republican Party.

REP. PAUL: We're losing -- we've lost over -- (cheers, applause) -- we have lost -- we have lost 5,000 Americans killed in -- we've lost over 5,000 Americans over there in Afghanistan and Iraq and plus the civilians killed. How many more do you want to lose? How long are we going to be there? How long -- what do we have to pay to save face? That's all we're doing is saving face. It's time we came home!

American soilder talks about honor and Mike Huckabees statement: