Author Topic: McCain: You Didn't Serve, So Shut Up  (Read 2785 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: McCain: You Didn't Serve, So Shut Up
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2008, 07:15:49 PM »
No u don't but feel free not to comment negatively on the sacrifices others have made in ur place.  Also the dumbass Marines comments...and associated stuff that makes the military seem like idiots. I can tell u that most of u couldn't even remotely comprehend how advanced our militray is, how techical and complicated what we do is, and how hard it is to do what we do. The level of sophistication is beyond anything u can imagine. So bring on the "how come ur loosing to a bunch of untrained idiots with AK's. Well because u lib pricks won't let us carpet bomb the dogshit out of them.

How so?

I thought the Generals and then The Commander and Chief made the determination on how to conduct the war.
If they want to carpet bomb, all they have to do is give the order.

They are too afraid of what the public opinion would be to do it though... How is that some "liberals" doing?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2008, 09:45:36 PM »
committees

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2008, 11:46:38 PM »
committees

Who is on these committees?

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2008, 12:17:57 AM »
Who is on these committees?

Apparently, Congress is exercising the executive's War Power these days, and only youandme and hh6 are wise enough to see it.  ::)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2008, 08:33:52 AM »
How so?

I thought the Generals and then The Commander and Chief made the determination on how to conduct the war.
If they want to carpet bomb, all they have to do is give the order.

They are too afraid of what the public opinion would be to do it though... How is that some "liberals" doing?

Your joking right.  Public opinion shapes everything. We can do alot on the tactical level...but to really fight a total war...nobody will allow for that.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2008, 10:25:28 AM »
 ::)

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2008, 10:54:39 AM »
HH6 is going to Iraq.
I think the question is pointless.

You don't believe the war is justified. Fine. Many people agree with you.

However the war isn't just Bush's congress and senate voted for the war as well.

Obama can say whatever he wants, but he couldn't vote. I guarantee that if he was in the senate at the time and wanted to run for President, his voting would not have been against the war.

Congress and the Senate could have pulled the troops out at any time. Just like they did in Vietnam. It hasn't happened.

The US Congress and Senate democrats also voted against the Surge. By almost all accounts, the surge has worked in the way the military wanted it to.

Remember the pledge by congress to have the most successful 100 days in American history, and to have the US out of Iraq.
Now congress has a lower approval rating then the president.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/107242/Congress-Approval-Rating-Ties-Lowest-Gallup-Records.aspx
Z

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2008, 11:07:20 AM »
No u don't but feel free not to comment negatively on the sacrifices others have made in ur place.  Also the dumbass Marines comments...and associated stuff that makes the military seem like idiots. I can tell u that most of u couldn't even remotely comprehend how advanced our militray is, how techical and complicated what we do is, and how hard it is to do what we do. The level of sophistication is beyond anything u can imagine. So bring on the "how come ur loosing to a bunch of untrained idiots with AK's. Well because u lib pricks won't let us carpet bomb the dogshit out of them.

To me, it is because of passion.

Bottom line - America invaded Iraq. They are on Iraqi soil killing Iraqi women and kids. The whys can be debated, but that is a fact.

Americans are all passionate about 9/11 fair enough. If someone invaded America you will all fight to the death.

So will others. To expect to step on someone's soil, kill their people and they smile is irrational. No nation or people will lay down for that. None.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2008, 11:20:43 AM »
Your joking right.  Public opinion shapes everything. We can do alot on the tactical level...but to really fight a total war...nobody will allow for that.

Seems that public opinion doesn't count in general, as we're still in Iraq when public opinion says we should be out.

So why would they care what public opinion has to say in regards to the bodycount?

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2008, 11:26:27 AM »
Seems that public opinion doesn't count in general, as we're still in Iraq when public opinion says we should be out.

So why would they care what public opinion has to say in regards to the bodycount?

If HH6 had half a brain in his head, he would know that the public opinion that matters is not ours, but that of the public in the Kingdom of Saud, the ARE and Syria.