Author Topic: Do you hate pro bodybuilding?  (Read 4530 times)

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Re: Do you hate pro bodybuilding?
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 09:15:28 PM »
modern day pro bodybuilding sucks, Wolfe is the best guy around, but hes being told he needs to be bigger to give him the illusion of being shorter and fatter before he can win. fuckin stupid and it wont get better just look at the people who run the sport, take them out of bodybuilding and they would run the first an successful McDonald's, the sport has little potential but the way it is judged makes sure it doesn't even reach that, guys need to be weighing realistic weights to take the sport more mainstream, people will hate it anyway, but people like me and many others will come back and support it, at the moment its just a freak show, and they all look fucking stupid, and thats before they open their mouths and confirm it.   

body88

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2008, 09:26:38 PM »
Back when I first started posting here, 98/99 or so, it wasnt really about pro bodybuilding.  It was a bunch of people who liked to lift weights and eat properly.  Some did contests, most didn't.  No one really talked about IFBB pro bodybuilding except around Olympia time.  We mostly talked about our workouts and programs, with a bunch of off-topic stuff thrown in.  Somewhere along the line this board became "all IFBB all the time", and that really sucks, since pro bodybuilding is a total joke.  Rather than abandon our board, those of us who were here before then switched to bashing the IFBB douches every chance we got.

This post is spot on...  I don't really have a problem with pro's, and I don't mind if a person aspires to have that look. That said, I didn't start posting here until later (2003), but even then - what you said in your post was accurate.

I like to train and eat right, but it seems like these days that = teh gay around here. Someone post's a natural guy who is around 190 lb's - ( in great shape), and everyone says he is a tiny tit.

Interesting how the pro culture has changed what a good physique is these days.

body88

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2008, 09:30:58 PM »
modern day pro bodybuilding sucks, Wolfe is the best guy around, but hes being told he needs to be bigger to give him the illusion of being shorter and fatter before he can win. fuckin stupid and it wont get better just look at the people who run the sport, take them out of bodybuilding and they would run the first an successful McDonald's, the sport has little potential but the way it is judged makes sure it doesn't even reach that, guys need to be weighing realistic weights to take the sport more mainstream, people will hate it anyway, but people like me and many others will come back and support it, at the moment its just a freak show, and they all look fucking stupid, and thats before they open their mouths and confirm it.   

I agree with you, most normal people are repulsed by pro bb's. Pro bb is basically a small cult that caters to the fetish crowd of homosexuals.

I mean honestly, guys walking around at 255 lbs - ( at 5'8) with 4% bodyfat? Anyone who tells a guy like Denis Wolfe that he is to small, needs to have thier head checked.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2008, 09:31:44 PM »

"Being told he needs to be bigger"??

By who?

No one is telling him that....

body88

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2008, 09:33:04 PM »
"Being told he needs to be bigger"??

By who?

No one is telling him that....

Chick, guy's like Ray and Jackson have been told they where to small for years. the mass monsters win everything, and there is no end in sight.

I'm not going to hate on guys that aspire for the freak look, I just think the "sport" has really taken a dive over the years.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2008, 09:58:18 PM »
Every generation thinks the sport has "taken a dive"....from the 40's till now.

Bodybuilding progresses, just like any other sport...some get faster, hit more HR, linemen are 330 lbs now...the guys today are more conditioned, bigger and more complete than those before them....there are always exceptions to the rule, and physiques that are less than stellar....

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2008, 10:16:04 PM »
Bigger not always better .
for example,here are Hide's pics:
#1 is Feb 28th,2008 (90kg)
#2 is May 6th,2008  (100kg)

That's why I am disappointed in pro bodybuilding ?

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2008, 10:23:26 PM »
That's why I am disappointed in pro bodybuilding ?

My biggest disappointment in bodybuilding is people who claims to be lifetime natural, but is definitely not.

Pros do that too, but in a different way. They admit using drugs, but everyone is taking "less than most", Lee Priest being the worst liar in this department.

body88

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2008, 10:30:04 PM »
Every generation thinks the sport has "taken a dive"....from the 40's till now.

Bodybuilding progresses, just like any other sport...some get faster, hit more HR, linemen are 330 lbs now...the guys today are more conditioned, bigger and more complete than those before them....there are always exceptions to the rule, and physiques that are less than stellar....

That's true, but linemen are not judged on their physical apperance.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2008, 10:39:10 PM »
My biggest disappointment in bodybuilding is people who claims to be lifetime natural, but is definitely not.

Pros do that too, but in a different way. They admit using drugs, but everyone is taking "less than most", Lee Priest being the worst liar in this department.
I really don't want to argue with you ! I've said this many many times........
Because you  post under your "user name" certainly have the advantage of speaking whatever you want .
but I use real name ,pics,address.......

(here are 2 of my pics,
pic1 is 1986
pic 2 is May .2008)

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2008, 11:00:42 PM »
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2008, 11:36:11 PM »

I like to train and eat right, but it seems like these days that = teh gay around here. Someone post's a natural guy who is around 190 lb's - ( in great shape), and everyone says he is a tiny tit.

Interesting how the pro culture has changed what a good physique is these days.

Right, It's fucking ridiculous around here, when it comes to that regard.

Just like the idiots who refer to Frank Zane as a "swimmer", but admire the huge bloated, gut-having bastards. How fucking retarded.

While bbing, has always had its "gay" roots.....I think at one point it could have been considered an art form. Now-a-days, it's a fucking freak show.  :-\
HAHA, RON.....

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2008, 11:39:47 PM »
 every single top professional trains hard and lives bodybuilding. sure, some of them get to eat whatever they want with their protein, sure, some of em dont have to do cardio, sure, they take alot os steroids.    but your not gonna be a top pro, or even make it pro for that matter, without sacrificing a whole lot to get that body. regardless of how much drugs you take.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2008, 12:19:04 AM »
I don't hate it, and i definitely don't hate any pro. I respect them for their hard work. We can all joke around here and say "all drugs" and so on, but at the end of the day these guys bust their arse and put a lot of effort into what they do...

but..

what i don't like is the seedy (pardon the pun) aspects of pro bb'ing. Most pros don't do g4p or any of that, but it amazes me how many do stupid shit just to make a few bucks. These guys need to realise that it isn't hard to become a personal trainer, and they would actually have an advantage if they were one. Or just have a regular job. I have a tonne of respect for guys like Jay Cutler, Branch Warren and even the new guy Erik Fankhouser. These guys work hard and give pro bb'ing a good image. Guys like Kai and others, they may be nice people, but they give pro bb'ing a bad image.
No doubt about it...

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2008, 12:43:20 AM »
these guys make millions of dollars..... just like the nfl/mlb players...quit hating on them
real men= no rubbers

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2008, 12:49:32 AM »
Too many guys who just dont have the muslce SHAPE are taking bodybuilding too seriously.....Example Palumbo or Paco Bautista. They just don't have the genetics to look pleasing on stage. Mountains of conditioned mass isnt gonna take bodybuilding forward. Its a few elite guys with awesome shape that should be winning shows. Alot of guys need to accept they aint got the GENETICS to be a pro bodybuilder and no amount of drugs is gonna change that

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2008, 12:51:32 AM »
i honeslty had much respect for these pro bbers... when i was younger but talking to some of them and this site called getbig .... i then realized they are getting fucked.
real men= no rubbers

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2008, 06:28:44 AM »
It's more of an IFBB problem than an athlete problem.  If the IFBB enforced it's rules on drug testing and personal conduct, it would start to look more professional.  Judging is also an IFBB issue, and they hold the power to take bodybuilding in any direction.  I would like to see the IFBB have a strategy for improvement rather than continuing to have a free for all environment.   

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2008, 06:32:11 AM »
It's more of an IFBB problem than an athlete problem.  If the IFBB enforced it's rules on drug testing and personal conduct, it would start to look more professional.  Judging is also an IFBB issue, and they hold the power to take bodybuilding in any direction.  I would like to see the IFBB have a strategy for improvement rather than continuing to have a free for all environment.   
Agree !

Change That Matters

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2008, 09:31:21 AM »
making money in the "fitness/bbing" industry is about telling naive and insecure skinny, ugly or fat people that buying powders will help them get more confidence and have a better life. That they will solve all their problems by lifting weights.

Lifting weights may help you learn about dedication, consistency and work ethic, it's the good part of the message, but eating powders like there's no tomorow to look like a 300 pounds chemically enhanced pro bber is  pure nonsens .

A few people are succesful at lifting weights and then improve their everyday life after getting more confident and re-shaping their bodies, but most of those who pay gym subscriptions or powders from bbing.com are those who truly make this 'industry" survive.

All in all the goal to get people lift weights, increase confidence and health is positive. The only way to make money out of it is to make profit from these people, these beginners and quitters .
Why blame those who try to make a living out of the bodybuilding world? They re just doing what they're good at,and answering a demand from people who need them to "get in shape" that's all.

Yes lifting weights is positive, but being a brainless fan of pro bbing can at best be qualified as a hobby and is another thing.

There s a big difference between being a consistant and succesful weight lifter and being a gay worshiper of steroids users posing in thong.

These are two separate and different world.

If bodybuilding.com can get more people into taking care of their health then so be it, it's something positive. Now I agree they could  use real natural models and distance themselves from steroid induced pro bbing.
It's a mixed message they 're sending that need to be untainted.

If their goal is really to promote health and confidence by lifting weights , then why do they have bob chick as a representant? Maybe because he sells , and it's not his fault or bbing fault if people believe they re going to look like him using protein powders, it's actually because of people's stupidity, so why not make money out of it.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2008, 09:49:22 AM »
i dont hate it. i just dont care. i followed it closely for years. ever since the late 90s it has gone downhill. nowdays i just worry about my own training. 60min in the gym 3 days a week. rest of the time i dont think of bodybuilding at all.

*posting on getbig not included (hardly post anymore tho....i know more than 99% on this board about training/nutrition so not much to learn here, so just post some random bs now and then)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2008, 10:05:17 AM »
i dont hate it. i just dont care. i followed it closely for years. ever since the late 90s it has gone downhill. nowdays i just worry about my own training. 60min in the gym 3 days a week. rest of the time i dont think of bodybuilding at all.

*posting on getbig not included (hardly post anymore tho....i know more than 99% on this board about training/nutrition so not much to learn here, so just post some random bs now and then)
thats a pretty bold statement honestly. have you ever posted pics ?

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2008, 10:10:30 AM »
This thread is meant to spark discussion on the current state of bodybuilding. When I first started posting here years ago, I was interested in pro bb. Since then, I have come to view the "sport" as a total joke, and I am ashamed of the current form of pro bodybuilding. Back in it's golden days, bodybuilding was a great activity, with great physiques, and a healthy look. Now pro bb is a total joke, drama everywhere, gay for pay, massive amounts of chemicals, twinks and bloated retards tipping the scales at over 300 pounds. basically every pro is a pathological lier, and most are about to die.

I come here to grab advice on training, and to talk about training, but as far as pro bodybuilding goes - I hate it. Honestly, just step back and look at the current state of the "sport" - I know it's not a true sport..

Will the pendulum ever swing back to the other side, and will bb be restored as a legitimate endeavor? Or will things just get worse?

I agree with that post pretty much.

At first I thought pro bodybuilding was the most awesome sport.  I think with the rising popularity of the message boards and people being exposed to what it REALLY takes to be a pro bodybuilder...the respect goes away by itself.

I still remember as a young teen I thought these guys were natural!!!  ;D

BUt now, the more pros I meet and the more involved I am, my respect has been replaced with pitty...the ifbb is just a freakshow to me now, a drama filled freakshow.  :(
just not good enough

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2008, 10:27:31 AM »
thats a pretty bold statement honestly. have you ever posted pics ?

for a natural, it ain't a bold statement, it's a fact; train 4/5 hours a week, eat proteins, carbs, low fats... it's no reocket science and you can build a decent muscle mass.

the real question is, when are we going to differentiate natural bodybuilding and "pro bodybuilding" on steroids once for all.

People at bodybuilding.com are selling unefective powders to naturals using steroid users as role models.

Most of us are natural and come here to laugh at the extremist behavior of steroids users and see how far our insecurities could get us if we weren't smart enough to just stick to lifting weights and eat healthy for improved well being and confidence.

As it is it, bodybuilding can only be considered as a hobby like car tuning or modelism.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2008, 10:42:04 AM »
for a natural, it ain't a bold statement, it's a fact; train 4/5 hours a week, eat proteins, carbs, low fats... it's no reocket science and you can build a decent muscle mass.

the real question is, when are we going to differentiate natural bodybuilding and "pro bodybuilding" on steroids once for all.

People at bodybuilding.com are selling unefective powders to naturals using steroid users as role models.

Most of us are natural and come here to laugh at the extremist behavior of steroids users and see how far our insecurities could get us if we weren't smart enough to just stick to lifting weights and eat healthy for improved well being and confidence.

As it is it, bodybuilding can only be considered as a hobby like car tuning or modelism.

bold statement saying he knows more than 99% of the people on here is what i ment

and i dont think protein powders are uneffective in any way. it is what it is... protein aka nutrition...

the no3x5000 explode pump tech 3000 or whatever silly names they come up with is bullshit supplements though