Author Topic: ARE YOU MADE FOR LOW CARB NUTRITION ?  (Read 3379 times)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
Re: ARE YOU MADE FOR LOW CARB NUTRITION ?
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2008, 05:11:45 PM »
i cant be your teacher candidildo, but i can give you a brother, just give me your mom's address and will do it in a few mins  ;)
i dont doubt the few minutes part  :P

in regards to body composition, YES, more=better...as far as i understand it

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2008, 07:40:57 PM »

sure :D. One of the reasons is from the traditional evolutionary argument that we evolved ;D eating paleo type carbs, foods high in protein ie meat, nuts and berries, rice and the like came with agriculture and i dont beleive we have adapted properly. that in itself is not a good argument like polquin is suggesting as its not objective evidence,  but there is a ton of evidence. One is our anatomy, our digestive tract consisting of the oesophogus, stomach, small intestine(duodenum, jejunem, ileum, and colon) is very long which is indicative of species with predominant meat eating diets. These foods are hard to digest and take a long time to break apart hence the thermogenic effect of protein, and our enzymatic stores have most proteolytic (protein breaking) enzymes, along with comprehensive fat digestion and some carbohydrate sources.

also there is a ton of research showing the superiority of low carb eating, look here

http://www.apinchofhealth.com/resources/lowcarb/low-carb-research.html

i will expand on that research is requested but another reason is an increase in catecholamine tone, namely noepinephrine and dopamine which have energy producing, anti depressive, thermogenic, immune boosting, brain protecting etc effects. Look at the most effective anti depressants=amphetamines which increase dopamine and noepinephrine, not shitty SSRIS(which have there place). Low carb also have anti inflammatory effects as evidenced by research and the more we discover the more it seems EVERY disease is a form of inflammation.

However, it is not for everyone as people with low serotonin ie OCD, and some anxiety conditions will have big trouble as there is a drop in free serotonin.

Its also easy to loose weight on this thus combatting the obesity epidemic, I dont see any good reason to add rice, processed sugar, grains, wheat (look at the gluten issue ALOT of people are starting to have). Carbs should be fruits in the morning for most purposes and veggies with every meal.

Thanks smoke!  I appreciated it!

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2008, 12:05:40 AM »
i cant be your teacher candidildo, but i can give you a brother, just give me your mom's address and will do it in a few mins  ;)

more like not at all since you are a flaming closet homo....

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 01:52:03 PM »
My grandmother has diabetes.
Both my parents have big "beer bellies" (lots of visceral fat).
I store most of my fat as visceral fat as well.

I think these are indications that a lot of carbs aren't my thing?
$

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2008, 06:16:13 PM »
My grandmother has diabetes.
Both my parents have big "beer bellies" (lots of visceral fat).
I store most of my fat as visceral fat as well.

I think these are indications that a lot of carbs aren't my thing?

that would probably be an idication, but i think for one to really know how much is enough to too much carbs you just have to personally try out different amounts....i played around with my crb numbers for a while and although i looked fuller with 100-150 i gained weight and not all good weight...so then i dropped it down to around 50 and i wasnt as full but maintained strength and eventually gained but it was more quality...now im on a real low carb at most 6 days a week im around 20 grams with one day around 200 to carb up...and im maintaining strength and making real slow gains but my body feels best like this and i feel a bit "lighter" although im not really but my body doesnt feel bloated so to speak....

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2008, 11:03:56 AM »
low carb eating is the healthiest option imo, ketogenic diets are great for the body
Whenever I am on a ketogenic diet a loose strength and size. My body begs for complex carbs... No way I could do it with only 50g of carbs during the day before workout... amazingly I can cut the carbs up to 50% after my workout without loosing strength nor size!
S