Author Topic: okay lets settle this  (Read 3131 times)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
okay lets settle this
« on: May 23, 2008, 11:29:48 PM »
when do you lose muscle ?

i have always thought, that when glycogen is coompletely depleted, when there is not sufficient amino acids from food in the blood stream to cover whatever your glucose demands are at that oment...THEN AND ONLY THEN  would your body use skeletal muscle for glucose..

BUT it seems muscle breakdown does occur when lifting weights

my questios simply is, what are all of the scenarios where your body its muscle, and what are the scenarios where its impossible for your body to eat muscle?

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Re: okay lets settle this
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 11:45:03 PM »
low calories, after you train, eat what you can! i eat cereal like nutri grain, carbs and sugar..it works

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 02:30:14 AM »
I would say that the body simply loses muscle any time there is a calorie and protein deficit. Whenever it is not in a positive nitrogen state.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 06:29:04 AM »
I would say that the body simply loses muscle any time there is a calorie and protein deficit. Whenever it is not in a positive nitrogen state.

i would agree mostly, muscle is a horrible energy storign cell, the body likes adipose much better.

the muscle breakdown during training is actually muscular damage from mostly eccentric contractions or stretching of the fibers. Small amounts of microtrauma build up from lifting and the muscle has to repair itself in order to avoid future damage, hence the effectiveness of progressive training.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 07:31:30 AM »
i would agree mostly, muscle is a horrible energy storign cell, the body likes adipose much better.

the muscle breakdown during training is actually muscular damage from mostly eccentric contractions or stretching of the fibers. Small amounts of microtrauma build up from lifting and the muscle has to repair itself in order to avoid future damage, hence the effectiveness of progressive training.
as long as i eat protein every three hours then that means i stay in a positive nitrogen balance, yeah? so i cant lose muscle ? 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 08:26:56 AM »
as long as i eat protein every three hours then that means i stay in a positive nitrogen balance, yeah? so i cant lose muscle ? 

you'll lose less muscle but there are so many factors that effect muscle, thats why i said mostly. for example low levels of tumor necrosis alpha cause muscle wasting, low test, low gh and a bunch of other factors.

but to simplify a positive nitrogen balance will shift the balance in favor of anabolism, but i would argue that calories also play a part and nutrient timing. muscle would be one of the places your body would like to rid energy from as its not particularly dense at storing energy. keep aminos in your blood and your insulin sensitivity going and your fine.

we know the ubiquitin proteosome pathway is important for muscle growth and maintainance and high protein, omega 3's, multiple meals will keep this going.

the above is a clusterfuck but your general idea is correct, especially if you supply the right foods which you are doing. Feed the muscle starve the fat ;D

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 01:49:03 PM »
you'll lose less muscle but there are so many factors that effect muscle, thats why i said mostly. for example low levels of tumor necrosis alpha cause muscle wasting, low test, low gh and a bunch of other factors.

but to simplify a positive nitrogen balance will shift the balance in favor of anabolism, but i would argue that calories also play a part and nutrient timing. muscle would be one of the places your body would like to rid energy from as its not particularly dense at storing energy. keep aminos in your blood and your insulin sensitivity going and your fine.

we know the ubiquitin proteosome pathway is important for muscle growth and maintainance and high protein, omega 3's, multiple meals will keep this going.

the above is a clusterfuck but your general idea is correct, especially if you supply the right foods which you are doing. Feed the muscle starve the fat ;D
good to hear, cuz yeah ist sorta what i touh!

so high protein every three hours, high omega 3 every three hours, low carbs (just green veggies) along with hard training... (well, of course i cant leave out the test+deca LOL ).. i shouldnt lose any muscle then... awesome

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 03:02:19 PM »
good to hear, cuz yeah ist sorta what i touh!

so high protein every three hours, high omega 3 every three hours, low carbs (just green veggies) along with hard training... (well, of course i cant leave out the test+deca LOL ).. i shouldnt lose any muscle then... awesome

especially not with test and deca

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 07:02:12 AM »
Hey Usmokepole, I like what you're saying, but judging by what I've read from Candi before, I think he's going way overboard on the AMOUNT of protein every three hours.  How many grams of protein at a time are you recommending?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 07:53:34 AM »
just eat a lot between posts and youll be fine

Z

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 09:11:40 AM »
Hey Usmokepole, I like what you're saying, but judging by what I've read from Candi before, I think he's going way overboard on the AMOUNT of protein every three hours.  How many grams of protein at a time are you recommending?

20-30 grams per meal, 1 gram per pound or less especially if one is eating carbs as they are protein sparing. However, he is on drugs which increase protein synthesis dramatically and he can eat more protein and get benefits unlike the natural athlete.

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 10:44:28 AM »
20-30 grams per meal, 1 gram per pound or less especially if one is eating carbs as they are protein sparing. However, he is on drugs which increase protein synthesis dramatically and he can eat more protein and get benefits unlike the natural athlete.

Candi, please tell me your not dumb enough to be taking synthetic hormones at the age of 19!

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 02:11:56 AM »
If you can manage to "lose muscle" while on gear than you should just give up bodybuilding all together.  Good proteins,  good fat, skip all that white flour and sugar and you will be good to go my friend.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 02:15:04 AM »
If you can manage to "lose muscle" while on gear than you should just give up bodybuilding all together.  Good proteins,  good fat, skip all that white flour and sugar and you will be good to go my friend.
I personally dont encourage steroid use? especially at 19..dizzle is a good guy, but cmon 19?

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 02:50:03 AM »
I personally dont encourage steroid use? especially at 19..dizzle is a good guy, but cmon 19?

I'm not encouraging the gear use,  I'm encouraging the diet.  Test at 19 is a no no in my book but it's his life not mine.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 02:56:25 AM »
I'm not encouraging the gear use,  I'm encouraging the diet.  Test at 19 is a no no in my book but it's his life not mine.
yeah but his like the "kid" of getbig, we shouldnt encourage it, cmon dizzle, 19 is way to young bro, im saying this as a friend (fuck i sound like a loser, a internet friend)

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 03:09:54 AM »
yeah but his like the "kid" of getbig, we shouldnt encourage it, cmon dizzle, 19 is way to young bro, im saying this as a friend (fuck i sound like a loser, a internet friend)

I think it's too late for that.  He's a trial and error kind of guy, you can't tell him shit. 

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 08:40:34 AM »
thanks guys. its cool to see some kind of relationships and care coming from people on here

my genetics suck dick

i devote my entire life... every day...24/7... all i do is think about training, think about diet, think about cardio... thnk about transforming my body into what it is i want it to be

and do you know what ?

4 years have gone by of doing that and i still  look like complete dogshit

and iveread everything i can on diets supplements and training..

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 10:06:59 AM »
Taking test at 19 is not good.  Its once think to start taking test to supplement what you body is no longer making when you get into your late 30s and beyound, but at 19 its still possible that your body still has not plateau in its natural test production.  I can say from experience that your Test levels might not reach their max until your late 20s.  If you want something to raise your test try Novedex XT.  Also Test or no Test.  Diet comes first.  Eat every 3 hours, lift hard and you will grow. 

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 11:30:26 AM »
Candi, i've been at it for 16 years, and always been natural.  It takes more than 4 years to start reaping real big improvements.   You need to train awhile to get big.  Don't use either.  Especially at 19. 

Remember:  Tortoise vs. the Hare.        Just keep plugging away natty and always stay consistent.  You won't have the down time of coming off gear to worry about. 

And i think you need to get rid of your low carb dieting.  You need to go a few years a little bit heavier to put on the muscle size before trying to lean up to something muscular.

My 3 cents.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2008, 11:53:38 AM »
i train hard and eat alot and never go more than 3 hours without eating

its not an issue of ddedictaion or knowledge or willingness t o work haqrd

simply poor natural genetics

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 12:35:17 PM »
If you're only 19, then you have no idea what your genetics have in store for you, because you're still growing (in all senses of the word).  However, now that you've manipulated your own natural hormonal output, before it had started to decline with age, you've put yourself at tremendous risk. 

I would get off the drugs ASAFP, then go see a qualified doctor, tell him/her what you've done, and take all the steps to correct whatever damage you've done.

Seriously dude, I don't give two shits about you, but you could seriously be F#CKING YOURSELF for the future.  Looking great in your early 20's is no payoff for being a pathetic looking turd with bitch-tits when your in your 30's and for the rest of your life.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2008, 12:36:32 PM »
okay guys thanks for the sentiments

:)

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2008, 01:02:23 PM »
i train hard and eat alot and never go more than 3 hours without eating

its not an issue of ddedictaion or knowledge or willingness t o work haqrd

simply poor natural genetics

Coltrane is right on this one, it just takes more time. Just stay consistant and the progress will come.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2008, 01:04:37 PM »
Juicing is your personal decision, but everyone that I know that juiced at that early of an age is fat and out of shape now. I think you have to make a life decision and say if you do it, then most likely you'll be doing it off and on for the rest of your training days. It's too much of a mind fuck to experience that kind of power and train that intensely, to then train naturally is just a different experience. The closest I can relate to this situation is when I had pnemonia about a year ago..couldn't train for almost 3 months, I lost everything that took years to obtain..that first month back in the gym was the most frustrating/depressing experience ever..I was maxing out with weight that I would warm up with..I know juicers who say it's the same exact experience coming off, but amplify that by a hundred. All I'm saying is just know what your getting into cause after experiencing this type of "anabolic high" it's hard to train without it. Good luck bro!