Author Topic: Is Melvin Anthony Finished. No longer a top 6 Olympian?  (Read 2347 times)

Boost

• Getbig V
Is Melvin Anthony Finished. No longer a top 6 Olympian?
« on: May 24, 2008, 01:36:39 PM »
Will Melvin ever be a top 6 Olympian again?

I believe he has simply been surpassed by new blood. Kai, Phil, Wolf etc

HOw does he fit into this years top 6 assuming Vic competes?

Jay, Vic, Dex, Wolf, Phil, Kai ?
he aint beating any of those names.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
Re: Is Melvin Anthony Finished. No longer a top 6 Olympian?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 01:55:26 PM »
Melvin's old and tired

his physique is nice, but he'll never match the conditioning of those other top guys, especially from the back (ie. hams, glutes, lower back)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 01:59:42 PM »
Melvin.
God gives him great line but didnt give hard look.
Its a genetic thing.
sorry for him. :-\

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 02:04:26 PM »
He has these classic lines and full muscle bellies which is an advantage for him....

If he could come hard and grainy,,,,,he would look amazing no doubt.

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 02:11:42 PM »
No longer.  It's over.  It's time for him to hang up his trunks and enter into the grey twighlight of yesteryear with pals Gunter, Flex, Markus, Dillet etc.
(

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 02:13:06 PM »
melvin could get shredded if he wanted too.  melvin doesnt want to risk his health to get the super sick straited glutes and dry as death valley look though

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 02:14:54 PM »
I heared he doesn't like dieting at all...

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 02:17:21 PM »
melvin could get shredded if he wanted too.  melvin doesnt want to risk his health to get the super sick straited glutes and dry as death valley look though

then too flipping bad!

you get what you put in

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 02:18:52 PM »
No longer.  It's over.  It's time for him to hang up his trunks and enter into the grey twighlight of yesteryear with pals Gunter, Flex, Markus, Dillet etc.
still clinging on to the last string of his trunks.

FOR REAL

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 02:45:25 PM »
Dude he just graduated from college, now he's gonna work at Mickey D's

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 02:58:50 PM »

I would agree.  We all know based on his 2006 Mr. Olympia appearance that he can get shredded.  I just don't think he wants to do what is necessary to achieve that.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 03:06:32 PM »
He's done - he would have to kill himself to get as dry and hard as the judges want him to.

ILuvPriest

• Getbig II
  • BOW TO ME NOW!
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2008, 03:09:56 PM »
Talk all the shit you want...none of them can hang in there like Priest.....
I WILL EAT YOU!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2008, 03:43:04 PM »
I would agree.  We all know based on his 2006 Mr. Olympia appearance that he can get shredded.  I just don't think he wants to do what is necessary to achieve that.
melvin used to be alot bigger. he admits that the reason he isnt as big now is because he doesnt want the health negatives that goes alon with attaining that size.

i assume its the same case with his conditioning..

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2008, 03:54:49 PM »
Well, the way that Weider is doing business lately is that if MD has you, Weider wants you, and if you don't produce come contest time, Weider will drop you. They dropped excellent spokesmen Mark Dugdale and Troy Alves -- two of the most honest and well-spoken reps in the business. Melvin was with MD and Weider swiped him away. So now the pressure is on Melvin. If he doesn't make the top 6 or 8, they will probably drop him.

Lately, the publishing contract business has become more of a personal battle between Robin Chang at Weider and Steve Blechman at MD than anything else. Very little thought is going into signing athletes who make excellent reps. Why else would Weider drop a guy like Dugdale and sign Gustavo? Drop a handsome, personable, aesthetic and hard-working Dugdale for a marble-mouthed, bad-attitude, insulin-ridden Badell? Makes no sense to most people. Gustavo's done anyway. No more 3rds. No more 4ths. Lucky to be top 8 this year.
BigNationRadio.com

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2008, 03:58:27 PM »

How exactly is he finished, when he placed top 6 at the last two Olympias?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2008, 04:00:35 PM »
insulin-ridden Badell?
i agree with every thing you said.

but please explain how you can see insulin use on a physique. what are the signs, what should we look for. how do you know badell uses it, other than the fact he is top ifbb pro and has worked with milos.

thanks

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2008, 04:04:56 PM »
bump.

sp-ed     im looking forward to being educated.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2008, 04:29:45 PM »
melvin used to be alot bigger. he admits that the reason he isnt as big now is because he doesnt want the health negatives that goes alon with attaining that size.

i assume its the same case with his conditioning..

Melvin has NEVER been bigger than what he is now...As a matter of fact it is within the last two years that Melvin has put on an incredible amount of size...especially his legs. Melvin however does not come in dry as a bone...something that has cost many their health...and for what?  Melvin will always be the most amazing poser, a person with a great physique and an all around showman, but until he is ready to jeopardize his health for a trophy that's for all intent and purposes is worthless, he will be relegated to coming in 3rd, 4th, 5th place. But he should not feel sad at all realizing that Flex, Ray, Levrone and so many other GREATS where not even recognized though they all had OLYMPIA PHYSIQUES. Too much politics in this little known sport...when are you gonna recognize that. So far as Kai Greene goes...ha ha ha ha he is definitely OLD SCHOOL and has been around since the EARLY NINETIES...talk about time to hang up ones trunks...he has the gay scene to keep him happy. VICTOR may be finished at this point...tendon and ligament tears are signs of the body breaking down form too much pharmaceuticals, Dexter is having his moment right now, but it will be short lived...he will never be Olympia, Phil Health is the NEW JACK and has the greatest chance of everyone of being Olympia...I just hope he also has a PLAN B just in case this does not work out.
C

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2008, 04:33:22 PM »
melvin said it in a video and in his column in MD...  how do you know he wasnt biggger before? cuz i would believe the man himself before anyone

Moosejay

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2008, 04:54:25 PM »
Well, the way that Weider is doing business lately is that if MD has you, Weider wants you, and if you don't produce come contest time, Weider will drop you. They dropped excellent spokesmen Mark Dugdale and Troy Alves -- two of the most honest and well-spoken reps in the business. Melvin was with MD and Weider swiped him away. So now the pressure is on Melvin. If he doesn't make the top 6 or 8, they will probably drop him.

Lately, the publishing contract business has become more of a personal battle between Robin Chang at Weider and Steve Blechman at MD than anything else. Very little thought is going into signing athletes who make excellent reps. Why else would Weider drop a guy like Dugdale and sign Gustavo? Drop a handsome, personable, aesthetic and hard-working Dugdale for a marble-mouthed, bad-attitude, insulin-ridden Badell? Makes no sense to most people. Gustavo's done anyway. No more 3rds. No more 4ths. Lucky to be top 8 this year.

"marble-mouthed"...ha!

Is he that stupid of a buffoon?

Took that over Dugdale? Jeez....

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2008, 04:57:55 PM »
Melvin.
God gives him great line but didnt give hard look.
Its a genetic thing.
sorry for him. :-\

Kyomu, there is no "God".
Hope this helps.

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2008, 05:14:25 PM »
i agree with every thing you said.

but please explain how you can see insulin use on a physique. what are the signs, what should we look for. how do you know badell uses it, other than the fact he is top ifbb pro and has worked with milos.

thanks
I can't tell if you're being facetious, but if we can agree and assume that all Pros have experimented with different levels of anabolic steroids, then I think we owe it to ourselves to provide an explanation for the gains one achieves rather quickly after a career of 14th place finishes.  Factor in the telltale signs of distension and organ enlargement, legs that get weaker instead of better, and the visible beginnings of Palumbo-ism and I'd say Gustavo is a sure bet. His legs are already on the downswing, so expect his gut to be larger and arms a bit smaller this year.
BigNationRadio.com

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2008, 08:54:10 PM »
Melvin will always be the most amazing poser

Kai might be a fag, but he's still a better poser than Melvin

Marvelous does the same damn routine every show, whereas Kai always brings something fresh and unique

Greene's conditioning is also in a different galaxy than Melvin's

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2008, 09:03:21 PM »
Melvin should work with Dave Palumbo on his diet.