Author Topic: Penn versus GSP  (Read 2564 times)

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Penn versus GSP
« on: May 24, 2008, 10:46:08 PM »
Ha to all the haters.  I told you so.....

BJ will beat GSP by ref stoppage in the third round. 

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Re: Penn versus GSP
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 10:55:35 PM »

Hell no! are you crazy?

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 11:14:13 PM »
Hell no! are you crazy?

Did you see their first fight? Its basically a pickem if you ask me.

GSP has the size advantage but Penn is more well rounded.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 11:16:39 PM »
I'm still pretty amazed they both stayed on thier feet for a full 3 rounds tonight....

gsp would'nt stand in front of bj like sherk did that's for sure

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 11:28:54 PM »
Hell no! are you crazy?

He lives in Hawaii... so he has to drink the koolaid

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 11:57:29 PM »

Agree. BJ is the man without a doubt.
!

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 12:27:19 AM »
I love how it was bj who stopped the fight...not the ref.  Technicaly Sherk was saved by the bell.  Great display of striking ability by bj.
w

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 12:31:07 AM »
I love how it was bj who stopped the fight...not the ref.  Technicaly Sherk was saved by the bell.  Great display of striking ability by bj.
HAHA
BJ did basically declare the fight over instead of the ref. ;D But he would've ko'ed Sherk's ass at the start of the next round anyway.
!

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 02:02:24 AM »
I'm still pretty amazed they both stayed on thier feet for a full 3 rounds tonight....

gsp would'nt stand in front of bj like sherk did that's for sure

I agree.  He will be shooting from the get go.  GSP is the best wrestler BJ has faced.  He was taking Kos down with ease, outwrestled Hughes. 

The three times Sherk tried taking BJ down, BJ was able to effective escape. 

You can call me a homer, but BJ DOMINATED Sherk. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 10:11:37 AM »
BJ looked great.  He showed everyone he could punch and didn't need his BJJ.  His jab was killing Sherk.  Plus BJ didn't expend as much energy standing and punching.  He looked great. 

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 11:16:31 AM »
GSP is a different animal then he was, he's evolved a lot in the last year. People called him 'rush' before now they should call him 'turbo' after the way he destroyed Serra i don't think BJ will be that much of a problem for him.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 12:27:41 PM »
GSP is a different animal then he was, he's evolved a lot in the last year. People called him 'rush' before now they should call him 'turbo' after the way he destroyed Serra i don't think BJ will be that much of a problem for him.

BJ has evolved to.  He beat the shit out of GSP and he'll easily do it again.  Just look at GSP face

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 12:34:46 PM »
do not agree
!

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 12:45:28 PM »

Yeah, he showed that his wrestling is top of the food chain.  He also showed that he can be rocked, by a fighter not known for his heavy hands.  BJ has rocked Hughes, GSP, Gomi, Uno, and decisively beatdown Sherk.  Coupled with his recently found conditioning, slick takedown defense (which he showcased against GSP in their first fight), I don't see how GSP can win except for the puncher's chance. 

SpeedDemon

• Getbig II
  • Hard work pays off
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 01:52:57 PM »

I think BJ one that first fight against GSP

Yeah, GSP got the take downs but he didn't capitalize off of them. There was no real ground and pound. BJ was the one pressing the fight after he got taken down with strikes and sub attempts.

on the feet BJ was winning the punching exchanges even though st peirre landing some solid leg kicks here and there

a close fight but I think BJ one it

All that being said the GSP that fought back then and the GSP now are two different fighters. GSP dominated koschek, hughes and serra. that last hughes victory was ridiculous.

I'm excited to see this rematch

gymrat75

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 09:17:48 PM »
I'd rather see GSP against Anderson Sylvia!!

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 10:58:38 PM »
Silva would kill GSP...... standing,ground etc.....I see no way GSP could win that fight.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 11:33:09 PM »
Silva would kill GSP...... standing,ground etc.....I see no way GSP could win that fight.

What about Anderson Sylvia?

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 08:51:53 AM »
What about Anderson Sylvia?
shit, same thing  ;D
!

Logan32

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2008, 11:05:40 AM »
The thing I can say about it if this match gets signed is that GSP has really elevated his game since the last time he fought BJ. BJ also seems to have a renewed interest in fighting. This will be a great match when/if it happens. Really the only thing I have to say that might be a negative for BJ is that everytime he fights up in weight class his cardio seems to suffer. Hopefully it wont be the case.

I agree Anderson takes the standup game but I think GSP wrestling is tons better then his. From a jits perspective I think it is pretty even with Anderson having a slight edge

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2008, 02:41:15 PM »
The thing I can say about it if this match gets signed is that GSP has really elevated his game since the last time he fought BJ. BJ also seems to have a renewed interest in fighting. This will be a great match when/if it happens. Really the only thing I have to say that might be a negative for BJ is that everytime he fights up in weight class his cardio seems to suffer. Hopefully it wont be the case.

I agree Anderson takes the standup game but I think GSP wrestling is tons better then his. From a jits perspective I think it is pretty even with Anderson having a slight edge

GSP will be able to take Anderson at will, but Anderson employs the bodylock from closed guard.  I don't think GSP will be able to posture up to strike, and Anderson's bodylock is tough to pass, this means that the ref will stand them up, and eventually you will be caught shooting in on Anderson, so Spider for the KO win. 

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 03:19:32 PM »
I think GSP would have his hands full with Franklin much less having to deal with someone that really has a chin like anderson

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 03:29:30 PM »
GSP will be able to take Anderson at will, but Anderson employs the bodylock from closed guard.  I don't think GSP will be able to posture up to strike, and Anderson's bodylock is tough to pass, this means that the ref will stand them up, and eventually you will be caught shooting in on Anderson, so Spider for the KO win. 

even in a weakened state, Lutter had no problem mounting Andersen.  Even so, this would be a bad match up for GSP.  He wouldn't have the size advantage he normally has and Andersen is just as well rounded as him.
w

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2008, 01:25:14 PM »
Why is nobody talking about A. Silva vs Rampage?
$

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2008, 01:29:34 PM »
Why is nobody talking about A. Silva vs Rampage?

because I'm too busy thinking about Page/wandy III

;D