Author Topic: IFBB Grand Prix shows - Don't mention the Low 10k  (Read 6653 times)

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: IFBB Grand Prix shows - Don't mention the Low 10k
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2008, 10:35:31 PM »

if you stand back  for a minute....and think about the other major sports on who makes the most money(which is actually done alot in bodybuilding) ...your answer will be the ATHLETES.. i guarantee you that 90% of all nba and nfl players make more money than any of the staff member and GMs. Its seems to be a trend among the major sports. No one in the lakers organization makes remotely close to kobe or the league minimum a year ..maybe GMs...no one working around nfl players makes more than the players themselves....EVERYONE THAT WORKS AROUND BODYBUILDING makes more than the athletes!!!!   weird............the whole thing about no having any money is BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!! bodybuilding.com was SOLD FOR 300 MILLION!!! WHY ARENT THEY RUNNING A SHOW???? THE NITRIC OXIDE BUSINESS IS A MULTIMILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS ITSELF!!! ATHLETES IN THE IFBB NEED TO STAND THE FUK UP AND STOP BEING PUSSIES......BOYCOTT  OR DO SOMETHING...
               Well said it is a shame that if an IFBB Pro stands up and talks they end up like Priest and Milos and a Pro Rep saying he has done all that he can.Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm m.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2008, 11:56:07 PM »
The comment about if pro BB was gone, one would have to erase the Arnold is off base. BB is now such a small part of the Arnold, it could easily exist without it.

Crazy, but true!  I would say it is at most 20% of it.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

mogulgangi

• Getbig IV
  • fitness celebrity
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2008, 11:59:42 PM »
Crazy, but true!  I would say it is at most 20% of it.

LOOK....k, not every show has to has a million dollar prize....but for godsake, can the winning prize money be more than 10,000 dollars?...20,000?...u know what years of stagnant prize money says, ATHLETES ARE BEING ROBBED FOR WHO THEY ARE.its bullshit, the reason why its still stagnant is because of the pure fact that bodybuilders have no word in the federation, its a politic ruled sport.u talk , you lose. you live with what you got..no other sport is like that.... ..if you were to take out like you said the bodybuilders off the mags, that means you would have to erase all the major magazines, the arnold classic, fit expos....thats alot of money being lost in every company...

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2008, 04:56:44 AM »
when u come down to brass tacks,,, i realy dont think the bodybuilders of today can pull in the audiences anymore,,, if they could we wouldnt keep harping on about the 90's.... theres no personalities anymore or top class physiques, ronny was a throw back, theres none id bother my arse to go and see....now a grand prix with yates, levrone, ray, nasser, dillet, preist etc etc,,, doesnt even need promoting... thats why the money isnt there.

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2008, 06:03:15 AM »
I think there's actually too many shows.  Bodybuilding fans will travel to support shows, but there's only a limited number of shows they can afford to attend.  Of course, the Olympia and Arnold are the shows of choice for most.  I would say there's room for the Olympia, Arnold, and one other big show each year.  These small shows have proven that you just can't get enough attendance from drawing on local support.  Of course, drug testing, weight classes, and revised judging standards would help too.   

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2008, 07:04:45 AM »
you guys makes some good points...remember this

there was a time in baseball where free agency didn't exist. A team would literally own your rights for life. If you didn't like what they paid you had little recourse. But people like Curt Flood and Marvin Miller changed that, today we can't even imagine not having baseball free agency.

I am not comparing baseball to bodybuilding, I am just drawing an analogy between the limited rights those players had and the current start of BB.  Something as basic as being able to compete in other federation warrants a ban for life?

Why shouldn't the Tier 2 bodybuilders be allowed to make money elsewhere?  Take someone like Troy Alves, he will never will an IFBB show or even place top 5.  And because of that his endorsements are probably minimal.

So why shouldn't be allowed to compete in XYZ show to pick up some change?

when you play this out, this would mean that promoters wouldn't have to pay the IFBB a "sanctioning fee"  ::)
which might lead to higher prize money.
I

mogulgangi

• Getbig IV
  • fitness celebrity
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2008, 12:35:54 PM »
you guys makes some good points...remember this

there was a time in baseball where free agency didn't exist. A team would literally own your rights for life. If you didn't like what they paid you had little recourse. But people like Curt Flood and Marvin Miller changed that, today we can't even imagine not having baseball free agency.

I am not comparing baseball to bodybuilding, I am just drawing an analogy between the limited rights those players had and the current start of BB.  Something as basic as being able to compete in other federation warrants a ban for life?

Why shouldn't the Tier 2 bodybuilders be allowed to make money elsewhere?  Take someone like Troy Alves, he will never will an IFBB show or even place top 5.  And because of that his endorsements are probably minimal.

So why shouldn't be allowed to compete in XYZ show to pick up some change?

when you play this out, this would mean that promoters wouldn't have to pay the IFBB a "sanctioning fee"  ::)
which might lead to higher prize money.

as americans we need to understand that anything is possible in america. bodybuilding is not growing because of bad marketing skills....a great example is tv....any type of show at any given time can have good ratings. The marketing gurus understand what the people want. a great example is mtv, they run the shitties shows and still get major ratings....LAGUNA BEACH was one of mtv's all time best show and it was composed of spoiled children with no significant plot. look at all these stupid ass reality tv shows that make huge ratings...
point blank..bodybuilding can be a major sport if marketed right and manuver correctly....there is alot of idiots running the ifbb that need to leave .....

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2008, 02:48:50 PM »
Another Great Point no matter how you look at it IFBB Grand Prix shows pay Fuk all.It is laughable that you could win more as a Door Prize at a Nite Club.Getbig could throw some Money into the Ring of Pro BB.hMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

leon

• Getbig II
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2008, 11:22:16 PM »
Bodybuilding! Hell, even professional boxing on espn is regularly prempted for dog shows, poker tournaments, and cheerleading competitions. If bodybuilding shows could turn a meaningful profit then the IFBB would be irrelevant. If Vince McMahon wasn't able to make a go of it who could? A bodybuilding reality show, in order to attract an audience would have to feature self absorbed freaks, gay for pay and drugs. 

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2008, 04:39:15 PM »
Another positive post. ;D

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2008, 04:33:00 PM »
Bodybuilding! Hell, even professional boxing on espn is regularly prempted for dog shows, poker tournaments, and cheerleading competitions. If bodybuilding shows could turn a meaningful profit then the IFBB would be irrelevant. If Vince McMahon wasn't able to make a go of it who could? A bodybuilding reality show, in order to attract an audience would have to feature self absorbed freaks, gay for pay and drugs. 
                                     NICE.