Author Topic: Congratulations to Chris Mason!  (Read 5566 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Congratulations to Chris Mason!
« on: May 26, 2008, 03:46:19 PM »
This thread is already in the nutrition board, but I think it should be mentioned here and hopefully the mods will keep it on here.

In the latest issue of Men's Health (Mark Wahlberg cover) there is a pull-out poster of the 125 best foods for men and #63 is best protein powder:

"Nitrean Vanilla Whey-Casein Blend: Tastes better than any powder we've tried. Per 30-gram scoop: 110 calories, 24 g protein, less than 2 g carbs, 1 g fat."

http://www.atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=1

This is not the first time Chris Mason's products have appeared in Men's Health and at this point, I have no choice but to review his entire line.  Chris really wasn't lying when he said that he strives for top quality products and only comes out with products he can guarantee are of a very high quality.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
Re: Congratulations to Chris Mason!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 03:51:38 PM »
Great for Chris, he's a stand up guy!

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 03:55:52 PM »
imagine how many bounced off dead lift reps you will be able to get :o :o :o :o

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 03:56:19 PM »
Great for Chris, he's a stand up guy!

Damn right.  I'm starting to think it's full well possible that his line may among the very best in the industry.  That really goes to show you how much of the industry is based on marketing and budgets and not so much on product quality.

At this point I have to order Chris' supplements.  Although I am actually most interested in his MAXIMUS:

http://www.atlargenutrition.com/nutrition_detail.php?products_id=18

Read the nutritional content.  Simply amazing for a gainer.

Even though I have so many supplements at home right now and get them for free, I still think it is entirely worthwhile to buy Chris' supplements and test them out after I'm done with the Higher Power stack.  Hopefully BB.com will make Chris the right offer and they will carry them on the site.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 06:07:05 PM »
Mason is the man. 

He really should try deadlifting though.  I don't understand why he avoids it so much.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 07:11:21 PM »
Mason is the man. 

He really should try deadlifting though.  I don't understand why he avoids it so much.

???

LOL...obviously a joke here.  What is his max?  675?  Anyway, Mike Wolfe also swears by At Large supplements and at first I wrote it off as a sponsored powerlifter supporting his sponsor, but now I am compelled to take Mike's comments a little more seriously.  The fact that Chris has not sold out to BB.com or another wholesaler makes me firmly get the sense that he is doing it out of passion with quality in mind and not necessarily for money (at least not primarily).
Bodybuilding Pro.com

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 07:17:29 PM »
At large protein gives me the runs ;D

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 07:18:46 PM »
At large protein gives me the runs ;D

Really?  Which of their products did you try?
Bodybuilding Pro.com

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 07:25:07 PM »
Really?  Which of their products did you try?
LOL naw man i was just playing.

Chris is a coll broskie, he sent me a cool P/L video a while back.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 07:27:57 PM »
Mason doesn't need a review in Men's Health, he needs this:

Ron: "I am lazy."

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 07:32:12 PM »
Can you guys avoid talking about supplements here as if they actually work.

Most everyone here knows that they are snake oil, though it seems that some have gotten involved in snake oil sales.  Why don't you snake oil salesman go push your wares on BBing.com or other sites populated by newbs.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 07:33:25 PM »

Most everyone here knows that they are snake oil, though it seems that some have gotten involved in snake oil sales.  Why don't you snake oil salesman go push your wares on BBing.com or other sites populated by newbs.
Are you going to post pics soon of your massive physique?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 07:35:36 PM »

protein doesnt work??

fuck why the hell am i eating all this steak and chicken then??

goddamnit,, im such a FOOL  ::)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 07:36:34 PM »

He's greateful!

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 08:03:50 PM »
protein doesnt work??

fuck why the hell am i eating all this steak and chicken then??

goddamnit,, im such a FOOL  :)

Fixed.

It's not that protein doesn't work, there's just no benefit and plenty of costs associated with megadosing on protein (excess fat gain, stress on the body's systems etc.).  You've been convinced by supplement companies and their cronies that you need 2 to 3 times more protein than is actually necessary for good health and hypertrophy.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 08:07:02 PM »
Fixed.

It's not that protein doesn't work, there's just no benefit and plenty of costs associated with megadosing on protein (excess fat gain, stress on the body's systems etc.).  You've been convinced by supplement companies and their cronies that you need 2 to 3 times more protein than is actually necessary for good health and hypertrophy.

im going to get fat by eating protein ? oh man im so stupid all this weight ive gained in the shape of muscles is really just fat !   my waist being smaller obviously cant be an indication of fat loss since ive been eatign over 500 grams of protein every day for over 5 months straight..    ive got to have gotten fat and that fat mjust have shaped itself as if it were muscle !!

fucking protein !!!

goddamn shit doesnt work !

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 08:09:37 PM »

Lol, true, Chris is a very hairy man.  ;D

VERY HAIRY.

He comes across as extremely intelligent and sincere, both on the boards and in video.  I have very high expectations of his products, I will say that right now.  Can't wait to try them out.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 08:10:19 PM »
im going to get fat by eating protein ? oh man im so stupid all this weight ive gained in the shape of muscles is really just fat !   my waist being smaller obviously cant be an indication of fat loss since ive been eatign over 500 grams of protein every day for over 5 months straight..    ive got to have gotten fat and that fat mjust have shaped itself as if it were muscle !!

fucking protein !!!

goddamn shit doesnt work !

You seem to be trying to imply a counter to my argument through sarcasm, I'm just having a hard time figuring out what exactly your position is.  I don't want to put words in your mouth or argue against a straw man so why don't you just come out and tell me.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 08:10:34 PM »
haha you know what dud eyour a fucking moron

you act like bodybuilders are stupid for believing in high protien diets, and that we are being clouded.....  

hahaha

broo !!!

what the fuck do you think the human being has been eating for the hundreds of thousands of years we have been evolving our digestive systems ??

you really think cavemen and neandrathals and indians were feasting on baked potatoes, oatmeal, and brown rice?

get your head on straight you fucking stupid piece of shit

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 08:12:22 PM »
haha you know what dud eyour a fucking moron

you act like bodybuilders are stupid for believing in high protien diets, and that we are being clouded.....  

hahaha

broo !!!

what the fuck do you think the human being has been eating for the hundreds of thousands of years we have been evolving our digestive systems ??

you really think cavemen and neandrathals and indians were feasting on baked potatoes, oatmeal, and brown rice?

get your head on straight you fucking stupid piece of shit
MELTDOWN

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 08:15:34 PM »

Done!  These are from a recent cut.  Oh, and yes, I am keeping up with the shaving even now  ;D.

1st pic, relaxed:

2nd pic, arms out:

3rd pic, hands on hips:

w

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 08:16:02 PM »
MELTDOWN

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Now maybe you want to take a few minutes to collect your thoughts and formulate a reasoned position,  take your time I can wait.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2008, 08:16:40 PM »
Protein consumption is overplayed, but you do need a high protein intake if you want to gain muscle and strength, and you certainly need a decent intake of protein to retain that muscle and strength.

Supplements are overplayed though. It's just as good to get it from real food than some powdered shit. I made my best gains from eating good food, and only using protein powder post-workout.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2008, 08:18:37 PM »
Matt, thanks for the thread.  I am truly VERY humbled and happy with the endorsement MH has given our product.  It is wonderful to have your hard work recognized.

Keep an eye on us this year, we plan to release 3-4 new products which will keep with our credo of only offering the highest quality products that work as claimed. 
w

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2008, 08:21:05 PM »
our ancestors(neandrathals) had bmr's of around 10k to 12k cals per day.. and their diets were 90 % + protein (meat)....

our digestive system and intestines are set up specifically for a protein based diet..