Author Topic: Can you name any other sport....  (Read 4527 times)

The Coach

Re: Can you name any other sport....
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2008, 08:08:30 PM »
come on joe, we all know bush is going to drop a lot of bombs on iran this fall and let the new guy clean it up, whoever it is.

and we both know Bush gave a million barrels of oil to north korea to "stop setting off nukes and firing missiles at hawaii".  Brutal appeaser.

Whatever it takes. Dude is supplying arms to kill OUR troops.

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2008, 08:12:58 PM »

The Coach

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2008, 08:15:59 PM »

we've been waiting a year for that evidence.  They put out a list but it had no specifics.  

joe, if there's a smoking gun, let's see it.  I'm all for bombing them if that is the case.

problem is, bush has zero cred after the WMD affair, and after a year of watching everything they do, all they have is 20k weapons, some of which might be iranian, and no smoking link to ahmedijahad.  

Show us the smoking gun.  And accept the fact a warn on iran will shut down the gulf and will essentially shut down our economy for a time period, since the oil can't flow thru waters they will certainly mine.

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2008, 08:18:00 PM »
we've been waiting a year for that evidence.  They put out a list but it had no specifics.  

joe, if there's a smoking gun, let's see it.  I'm all for bombing them if that is the case.

problem is, bush has zero cred after the WMD affair, and after a year of watching everything they do, all they have is 20k weapons, some of which might be iranian, and no smoking link to ahmedijahad.  

Show us the smoking gun.  And accept the fact a warn on iran will shut down the gulf and will essentially shut down our economy for a time period, since the oil can't flow thru waters they will certainly mine.

Do you think he can even register cause and effect relationships in his brain?

The Coach

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2008, 08:21:04 PM »

Document: Iran Caught Red-Handed Shipping Arms to Taliban
 Email
 Print
 Share June 06, 2007 6:00 PM

Brian Ross and Christopher Isham Report:

NATO officials say they have caught Iran red-handed, shipping heavy arms, C4 explosives and advanced roadside bombs to the Taliban for use against NATO forces, in what the officials say is a dramatic escalation of Iran's proxy war against the United States and Great Britain.

"It is inconceivable that it is anyone other than the Iranian government that's doing it," said former White House counterterrorism official Richard Clarke, an ABC News consultant.

Secretary of Defense Robert Gates stopped short earlier this week of blaming Iran, saying the U.S. did not have evidence "of the involvement of the Iranian government in support of the Taliban."

But an analysis by a senior coalition official, obtained by the Blotter on ABCNews.com, concludes there is clear evidence of Iran's involvement.

"This is part of a considered policy," says the analysis, "rather than the result of low-level corruption and weapons smuggling."   

Iran and the Taliban had been fierce enemies when the Taliban was in power in Afghanistan, and their apparent collaboration came as a surprise to some in the intelligence community.

"I think their goal is to make it very clear that Iran has the capability to make life worse for the United States on a variety of fronts," said Seth Jones of the Rand Institute, "even if they have to do some business with a group that has historically been their enemy." 

The coalition analysis says munitions recovered in two Iranian convoys, on April 11 and May 3, had "clear indications that they originated in Iran. Some were identical to Iranian supplied goods previously discovered in Iraq."

The April convoy was tracked from Iran into Helmand province and led a fierce firefight that destroyed one vehicle, according to the official analysis. A second vehicle was reportedly found to contain small arms ammunition, mortar rounds and more than 650 pounds of C4 demolition charges.

A second convoy of two vehicles was spotted on May 3 and led to the capture of five occupants and the seizure of RPG-7mm rockets and more than 1,000 pounds of C4, the analysis says.

Also among the munitions are components for the lethal EFPs, or explosive formed projectiles, the roadside bombs that U.S. officials say Iran has provided to Iraqi insurgents with deadly results.

"These clearly have the hallmarks of the Iranian Revolution Guards' Quds force," said Jones.

The coalition diplomatic message says the demolition charges "contained the same fake U.S. markings found on explosives recovered from insurgents operating in the Baghdad area."

"We believe these intercepted munitions are part of a much bigger flow of support from Iran to the Taliban," the message says.

The Taliban receives larger supplies of weapons through profits from opium dealing, officials say, but the Iranian presence could be significant.

"It means the insurgency in Afghanistan is likely to be prolonged," said Jones. "It would be a much more potent force."

Want more??

johnnytosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2008, 08:22:03 PM »

But it was OKAY when we stuck our nose in Iran's business 20 years ago and pumped Saddam Hussein full of weapons so he could kill hundreds of thousands on Iranians?

And you cry bloody murder when Iran gets involved in the affairs of their own region of the World, a country that borders them?

I will vote for Obama for 1 reason, because he will atleast make the ATTEMPT to find common ground with the countries that we can't get along with. That takes SKILL. It takes NO SKILL at all to pick up the telephone and send a country to war, a 10 year old kid could do that. What takes skill is trying to resolve something using words, not force.

Just answer my question, you can't. Howcome the USA could supply IRAQ weapons in an illegal war, but Iran can't return the favor to 1/100th the extent.

You cannot answer that question, go ahead, try to.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2008, 08:29:29 PM »
Joe, your article says:

"an analysis by a senior coalition official, obtained by the Blotter on ABCNews.com, concludes there is clear evidence of Iran's involvement."

So the blotter, from ABC news, which you call a liberal media rag, got a quote from an ANONYMOUS guy from ONE of the coalition nations, where HE concludes they are involved.

Some guy (ABC) heard from another guy (blotter) that one dude (anonymous) thinks iran is shipping weapons.

So do you see why many are wary to believe it?  Because you have a few groups - military contractors - who want lots of wars for their own profit.  And you have ANONYMOUS people from "some coalition country" who "believes" it's proof, but won't even give his fvcking name?

Joe, you fall for anything.  If they're doing it, I want to see Bush on the news showing us, piece by piece, what they shipped and how we have proof.  I don't want some Blotter from ABC interviewing some 'anonymous coalition force dude' for proof.  Be smart.

io856

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2008, 08:30:29 PM »
Why would you assume that all sports should have lots of money for the winners?

Exactly, if some of these nobs want to cry poor try gymnastics, olympic weightlifting, swimming and  theres many more...

Agreed.
Yes in some sports (golf, football, soccer, baseball) you can earn huge money, but there are hundreds of sports out there in which those athletes earn very average money from. Many Olympic swimmers earn very average money, many other Olympic level athletes still have jobs. Bodybuilding isnt as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

The Coach

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2008, 08:31:52 PM »
But it was OKAY when we stuck our nose in Iran's business 20 years ago and pumped Saddam Hussein full of weapons so he could kill hundreds of thousands on Iranians?

And you cry bloody murder when Iran gets involved in the affairs of their own region of the World, a country that borders them?

I will vote for Obama for 1 reason, because he will atleast make the ATTEMPT to find common ground with the countries that we can't get along with. That takes SKILL. It takes NO SKILL at all to pick up the telephone and send a country to war, a 10 year old kid could do that. What takes skill is trying to resolve something using words, not force.

Just answer my question, you can't. Howcome the USA could supply IRAQ weapons in an illegal war, but Iran can't return the favor to 1/100th the extent.

You cannot answer that question, go ahead, try to.

He doesn't even make an attempt to cross party lines to negotiate with his own country let alone another. His skill is bullshitting the American people with his flashy speech's that have no content, nor does he know what the hell is really going on. You actually back a man who wants to negotiate with people who wake up everyday chanting "death to America" and deal with a person who said "Israel should be wiped off the face of the map" and "the Holocaust never happend"? if that's what you think then you two deserve each other.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2008, 08:33:44 PM »
joe,

were you pissed when Bush paid north korea 1 million barrels of oil?

it was a bribe to stop attacking us.  You see, on the 4th of july in 06, they fired 5 ICBM's at Hawaii, at the very moment our space huttle launched from FL.

It was an act of war.

Bush bribed them with oil, to stop.

Did that bug you?

io856

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2008, 08:37:59 PM »
240 is back,
Yes there are many sports like this...

Just because bodybuilding isn't soccer, golf, rugby, tennis, basketball or whatever you like to watch on TV doesn't make it any less of a pursuit to  the individuals involved. Ok, so you failed at this thing but for everybody's sake give it a rest.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2008, 08:41:40 PM »
He doesn't even make an attempt to cross party lines to negotiate with his own country let alone another. His skill is bullshitting the American people with his flashy speech's that have no content, nor does he know what the hell is really going on.

joe, i don't like obama either.  But I want what is best for the USA, and healing relations is what is most important.

We've tried bullying the world for 7 years, and refusing negotiations.  What did they do in response?  They all decided to drop the dollar to punish us.

Bush won't negotiate with iran, but he will bribe n korea to stop shooting missiles?  that's weak.

1 year ago, mccain went on NPR and said we should negotiate with terror groups like Hamas.  that's weak.

You bitch when obama is open to negotiations, but you're oddly quiet when bush bribes dictators to stop declaring war on us, or when mccain says in interview that we should negotitate with hamas.  Why are you so quiet on these issues? 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2008, 08:42:22 PM »
...where the average person in the audience makes more money than the average person onstage?

...and the average person in the audience wants to be the average person on stage.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2008, 08:43:04 PM »
...and the average person in the audience wants to be the average person on stage.

nah, the drug use required to even win a local show is beyond stupid, you know that.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2008, 08:45:48 PM »
joe, i don't like obama either.  But I want what is best for the USA, and healing relations is what is most important.

We've tried bullying the world for 7 years, and refusing negotiations.  What did they do in response?  They all decided to drop the dollar to punish us.

Bush won't negotiate with iran, but he will bribe n korea to stop shooting missiles?  that's weak.

1 year ago, mccain went on NPR and said we should negotiate with terror groups like Hamas.  that's weak.

You bitch when obama is open to negotiations, but you're oddly quiet when bush bribes dictators to stop declaring war on us, or when mccain says in interview that we should negotitate with hamas.  Why are you so quiet on these issues? 

Because he can't think anything outside of what FoxNews and Rush tell him.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2008, 08:51:27 PM »
Because he can't think anything outside of what FoxNews and Rush tell him.

and just like 10,000 times before, I show him obvious hypocracy and await his response, and he hides from the thread.  He puts out lies and spam, I prove them wrong, and he disappears.  I don't get it.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2008, 09:07:11 PM »
I don't get it.
You should "get it" by now, you're the reason there is a political board.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2008, 09:19:24 PM »
"...where the average person in the audience makes more money than the average person onstage?"

Spelling Bee?  :-\
HAHA, RON.....

The Coach

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2008, 08:08:31 AM »
and just like 10,000 times before, I show him obvious hypocracy and await his response, and he hides from the thread.  He puts out lies and spam, I prove them wrong, and he disappears.  I don't get it.

1.Lies and spam? I can give you at least 5-10 legit articles written by reputable sources and if you put one of your own up, you think it's the real truth ::).

2. When I logged off last night I went to bed. My days start at 4:30am. Sorry if I don't spent the days and nights on my computer posting Olbermen clips and cut and pastes from CT sites. BTW, most of the comments you say you don't even provide a link or source from where it came.

How many times have you said things lets say about Rush that I had to go and post the entire transcript to clear up what you spun?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2008, 03:01:27 PM »
...where the average person in the audience makes more money than the average person onstage?

what other sport has a stage besides bodybuilding?

oh and the average person in the audience should be making more money than any college athlete

lower tier pro boxers on the undercard of a big fight don't make that much, tickets are really expensive so i'm willing to bet a large portion of the audience makes more than the boxers

E
E

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2008, 03:05:45 PM »
I call it like I see it. I've been in this industry for more than 30 years and not once have I considered it a sport. It's a glorified drug induced beauty contest, no athleticism or skill needed. I will say that it does take discipline and dedication especially the dieting, but with todays gear, most don't even have to diet that hard. Bottom line, they're not athletes.

well said